Thread: Fresh Keeper Draft - #6

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fresh Keeper Draft - #6

I know I know, theres been a million of these things.
    Been in keepers for a few years, have a fresh draft tomorrow night and Im going in with more knowledge and experience in my back pocket than most of these other guys. I have the jitters going in as I dont want to overthink it.
    Anyway, that being said, I have 6th pick.
    12 team H2H, start 12F 6D 2G.
    G A P PPP PIM +/- W SV% GAA

Sid, Malkin, Stammer will go. Then I have no way of knowing if it will be Giroux, Tavares or Ovi before me. Should I take the leftover member of that group, or should I start the goalie wave with Lundy? If Lundy goes, should I take Rinne or Quick? I feel like I can get Ovi here and then take a combo like Ward and Luongo on my next two picks...

Any simple thoughts to help clear my head and give me some reassurance helps. Rep awarded. I shouldnt be feeling this stressed with the advantage I feel I already have, but I can't help it. Who should I target with my first 3 picks boys?

Thanks in advance. Id be lost without this place.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    Keep 15
    12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench
    G A P PPP SOG PIM W SV% GAA

F: Crosby, Malkin, Wheeler, Scheifele, Couturier, Toews, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Gusev, Meier, Patrick, Lindblom, Johnsson
    D: DeAngelo, Theodore, Sergachev, Gustafsson
    G: Rask, Jones, Delia

Prospects: Kyrou, Kravstov, Hoglander, Gunler, M Bourque, Fagemo, Puistola, Mysak, Addison, Timmins, Marchenko, Heponiemi

Administrator

I feel like you've got an opportunity to lock down your goaltending with this pick and never have to worry about it again. If Ovechkin falls to your position I probably wouldn't be able to resist but if it's a Giroux or Tavares I'd be thinking about goaltending. Pick #6 guarantees you one of Lundqvist, Quick or Rinne, which is pretty much the Holy Trinity between the pipes. Can't go wrong picking one of those three.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Giroux should be easily gone when you pick. The only big gun I can see having a chance at to draft is Ovi, who I would pass on.

If he is still around at 6th then Lundqvist is the guy you need, otherwise you should probably go with Tavares.

If any of the first 4 I mentioned slip it's a no brainer, beyond that it's Lundqvist, Tavares, Ovechkin for me.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

I will add that knowing your league is even more important to help determine your draft strategy. If you think goalies will be undervalued then feel free to go with a forward and take your chances.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PSlipps View Post
    I know I know, theres been a million of these things.
    Been in keepers for a few years, have a fresh draft tomorrow night and Im going in with more knowledge and experience in my back pocket than most of these other guys. I have the jitters going in as I dont want to overthink it.
    Anyway, that being said, I have 6th pick.
    12 team H2H, start 12F 6D 2G.
    G A P PPP PIM +/- W SV% GAA
    J
    Sid, Malkin, Stammer will go. Then I have no way of knowing if it will be Giroux, Tavares or Ovi before me. Should I take the leftover member of that group, or should I start the goalie wave with Lundy? If Lundy goes, should I take Rinne or Quick? I feel like I can get Ovi here and then take a combo like Ward and Luongo on my next two picks...

Any simple thoughts to help clear my head and give me some reassurance helps. Rep awarded. I shouldnt be feeling this stressed with the advantage I feel I already have, but I can't help it. Who should I target with my first 3 picks boys?

Thanks in advance. Id be lost without this place.
    At 6, I'm all over a goalie, unless Crosby, Malkin or Stamkos slides. If Lundy is gone, I'd take QUICK. He's four years younger and will put up roughly the same record and Sv%. It seems that he's the better SO goalie.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Ovechkin, Giroux, or Tavares; I would want to have one of the elite point producers in the game. I wouldn't consider taking one of the elite goalies, with one of those three guys being available at #6.