Thread: Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tarasenko

When this season (or next) finally gets going, what are thoughts on Tarasenko points-wise?

How many can we expect from him in his first few seasons and long-term, what is his potential points per season?

Dobber Sports Deity

In his first season or two, I would expect him to be in the 25g 25a range with the chance to slide up to the 60pt range. St. Louis is deep up front and Hitch will get the most out of him but theres only so much puck to go around. His upside could easily see him in the 80pt range on a consistent basis.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I prefer being pessimistic with non-megastar prospects in the early part of their career. I don't want to get burned waiting 2-3 years for a player to become fantasy relevant. Anyway, in Tarasenko's case I think he could be a 45-55 point rookie. It's a good total for a rookie and when being integrated into a strong team it's tough to find opportunity for great numbers initially.

Long-term I put him around 70-75 but that is likely beyond what I would consider the fantasy hockey scope. I worry that his production might mirror Oshie for a few years. Solid stats, but not outstanding like many will hope.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gregg View Post
    When this season (or next) finally gets going, what are thoughts on Tarasenko points-wise?

How many can we expect from him in his first few seasons and long-term, what is his potential points per season?
    year 1: 45-50 points. 20 goals
    year 2: 54-62 points 25 goals
    year 3: 64-71 points 28 goals

upside IMO 75-82 point winger. some here on the boards have suggested he's the most talented prospect not in the NHL, but question his compete level. If he's available in our points only draft, round 1, i'm going to take him at #9 overall. I 'm pretty high on him and from i've seen of him thus far.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post

upside IMO 75-82 point winger. some here on the boards have suggested he's the most talented prospect not in the NHL, but question his compete level. If he's available in our points only draft, round 1, i'm going to take him at #9 overall. I 'm pretty high on him and from i've seen of him thus far.
    i have never heard anyone question tarasenko's compete level. In fact, I have always heard that it is one of his greatest strengths. Very coachable, desire to improve... the kid was the captain of his WJ team two years ago and he has been an alternate captain the last 2 seasons in the khl... yakupov is on another level, but tarasenko fits right in with all of the other high end prospects ready to lace 'em up in the nhl.

50 pts in his first year would be a great success, as it would be for any rookie.

Although STL has a lot of talent, they don't really have a true gamebreaker, and I think Tarasenko will fill that role. If they start building the PP and the majority of O-zone starts around him, lookout. A career peak in the neighborhood of 40-40-80 is not out of the question.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    i have never heard anyone question tarasenko's compete level. In fact, I have always heard that it is one of his greatest strengths. Very coachable, desire to improve... the kid was the captain of his WJ team two years ago and he has been an alternate captain the last 2 seasons in the khl... yakupov is on another level, but tarasenko fits right in with all of the other high end prospects ready to lace 'em up in the nhl.
    Everything I know about Tarasenko says the same thing. I've never seen or heard anything even close to "lack of effort" when it comes to Tarasenko. He's balls to the wall, a skilled bull on skates in every description and in every game I've seen.

Someone saying "I question his compete level" is clearly talking out of his ass.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

I went digging tonight in the forum/ramblings and could not find that one particular point on Tarasenko. re: work ethic. I thought I saw it some time back, which made me scratch my head. It could very well have been written about some other player. Sorry for putting it in there. I for one DON'T question his work ethic and think he's a top end prospect.

Sorry for ruffling a few feathers here...COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

I went digging tonight in the forum/ramblings and could not find that one particular point on Tarasenko. re: work ethic. I thought I saw it some time back, which made me scratch my head. It could very well have been written about some other player. Sorry for putting it in there. I for one DON'T question his work ethic and think he's a top end prospect.

Sorry for ruffling a few feathers here...COD
    No worries, it was probably written about a different player, as you would have also remembered Dakkster cussing out whoever posted it at the time.

I am really stoked to watch Tarasenko in the NHL. I traded him in one of my keepers and own him in the other, so no matter how he does I'll feel both awesome and shitty.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So much depends on what the Blues do - they are so deep and balanced that this affects the production of their forwards.

I could see them eventually settling in to having two scoring lines and a two-way energy line:

Scoring line players: Perron, Schwartz, Backes, Tarasenko, Berglund, Stewart.

Energy/two-way guys: Steen, Oshie, etc.

I'm probably missing someone, and not factoring in Andy Mac long term.

I could also see them moving a forward for a defenseman at some point, assuming Schwartz and Tarasenko step in.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Stud

COD - that 'work ethic' you heard called into question was most likely in regards to another highly ranked Russian prospect taken in last years draft

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    COD - that 'work ethic' you heard called into question was most likely in regards to another highly ranked Russian prospect taken in last years draft
    The work ethic thing gets associated to Russian players almost by default. It's a stereotype.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm very excited about this prospect. He's not quite at Yakupov's level, but he's very close. He plays a north-south game suited perfectly for the NHL, and his shot is comparable to Stamkos'. Not saying he'll score 60 goals like Stammer but Tara's shot is incredible.....one of the quickest releases in the world.

I would expect him to have to fight for ice-time in the bogged down St. Louis forward corp, but eventually the cream rises to the top and he can be that gamebreaking forward the Blues have lacked since Demitra or even Hull. He'll top out at 50, more likely 40-45 as a rookie, but within a few years I can see him around 75-80. I also think his peak is closer to 90-95....he's a seriously good prospect.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar