Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [2013 Draft] Drouin Ranked Ahead of Mackinnon?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default [2013 Draft] Drouin Ranked Ahead of Mackinnon?

Here's the link:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...in-on-the-move

Ranking done by the Red Line Report. They ranked Seth Jones #1, Drouin #2, and Mackinnon #3. According to various observers (myself included), Drouin has outplayed Mackinnon thus far this year, and has a more complete game. Makes for an interesting season in Moose country!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Administrator

It's always interesting when you don't have a clear cut superstar at the top. I expect these rankings to flip-flop quite a bit.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I've said it before and I will say it again, I think long term Drouin will be a better scorer in the NHL then MacKinnon. MacKinnon will be one of the multi-cat beasts as hes more physical, but as far as sniping goes, Drouin is absolutely greasy. His hands are unreal. I read somewhere the other day where someone said Drouin reminds them a lot of Claude Giroux. Interesting comparison even though I hate comparing Jr players to NHL players.

I've seen a few Moose games over the past year and thats what I have seen.

Apparently the kid the Moose drafted this past year, Jack Eichel, is another scary scorer. Keep your eye out for him next year. They tried like crazy to bring him up this year from the US but he wanted to stay home this year. He was already commited to the US Development program. He slipped in the draft due to the fact most knew he wouldnt report this year. The Moose were willing to take a shot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I completely disagree that Drouin has a more complete game, he simply does not. Mackinnon is the full package and will go first overall, bank it! This isn't a knock on Drouin at all and I agree that his offensive upside could be one of the highest in the 2013 draft class. I now see it as a near certainty that he goes in the top 5 but Mackinnon is the very definition of well rounded while Drouin is the offensive dynamo.

Dobber Sports Wizard

MacKinnon is to Toews as Drouin is to Kane.

Take your pick, which player do you prefer?

Red Line Report is really good at drumming up controversy with their rankings. I like Drouin as a hockey player, but if you're building a real hockey team there is less than a 0 percent chance he is taken before MacKinnon unless something incredibly drastic happens over the next 9 months or so.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Whether Drouin will be better than Mackinnon or vice versa is debatable. Only time will tell.

One thing for sure, going against the grain of just about every other ranking will generate controversy. With controversy comes traffic and with traffic comes money. It might be genuine ranking and it might be a purposeful ranking. Either way, makes for some decent chat in the NHL hockey-less world in which we live.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Deity

I am by no means saying that MacKinnon wont go 1st overall, and doesnt deserve to. All I am saying is Drouin IMO will end up being a better scorer in the NHL then MacKinnon. MacKinnon is definitely a better all around player (more physical, etc) but from what I have saw in the past year watching both of these guys live and in person, Drouin has the hands that will put him in a different class of scorer then MacKinnon.

There are plenty that say MacKinnon makes Drouin a better player then he is, but there are also those who say Drouin makes MacKinnon a better player too. Only time will tell (to quote AC/DC) who made who.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    is, but there are also those who say Drouin makes MacKinnon a better player too. Only time will tell (to quote AC/DC) who made who.
    Chicken or egg?

Even once they get into the NHL, it's hard to make a comparison. With different situations, different teams, and different contribution styles, it's so hard to compare players.

An example would be the Malkin vs Stamkos argument. Not fantasy wise, that easier because we could compare them in the scope of a set of categories. In the actual NHL, this comparison would be tough to generate a decisive winner.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

The Great One

I love the no love for Barkov.

His play greatly outshines every 2013 draft prospect so far, yet, Drouin is causing the controversy.

MacKinnon may not go #1, but it won't be because of Drouin.

Saying that, I love what Drouin has displayed this year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I feel like if anyone has a real shot at challenging MacKinnon (or Jones) for the 1st pick, it's Barkov. Such an amazing young player, making a pro men's league his bitch at 17 years old.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    MacKinnon is to Toews as Drouin is to Kane.

Take your pick, which player do you prefer?

Red Line Report is really good at drumming up controversy with their rankings. I like Drouin as a hockey player, but if you're building a real hockey team there is less than a 0 percent chance he is taken before MacKinnon unless something incredibly drastic happens over the next 9 months or so.
    interesting comparison. my moneys on mackinnon going first overall.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sage

I personally can't even see Drouin going in the top 5. To have him ahead of Jones, Mac or Barkov at this point is 100% laughable IMO... Not ever going to happen.... Hell you can even through Lindholm in the mix of guys he will not even possibly go before....
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I personally can't even see Drouin going in the top 5. To have him ahead of Jones, Mac or Barkov at this point is 100% laughable IMO... Not ever going to happen.... Hell you can even through Lindholm in the mix of guys he will not even possibly go before....
    How is that laughable?

Anyone who follows the Q, or the Mooseheads will tell you that the best player this season for the Mooseheads is Jonathan Drouin.

The only reason you think this is laughable is because of the hype around MacKinnon, but if you look into it there is a couple of scouting services that are starting to rank Drouin ahead of MacKinnon.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    How is that laughable?

Anyone who follows the Q, or the Mooseheads will tell you that the best player this season for the Mooseheads is Jonathan Drouin.

The only reason you think this is laughable is because of the hype around MacKinnon, but if you look into it there is a couple of scouting services that are starting to rank Drouin ahead of MacKinnon.
    It's a joke IMO. I would be willing to bet my house (No joke) that he doe's not go ahead of ANY of the original 3 I mention. But as I stated others may have other feelings on this I for one just don't see him in the same calliber as the others....

In all honesty I have him ranked somewere between 9 and 12 lol. But what do I know....
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; November 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    It's a joke IMO. I would be willing to bet my house (No joke) that he doe's not go ahead of ANY of the original 3 I mention. But as I stated others may have other feelings on this I for one just don't see him in the same calliber as the others....

In all honesty I have him ranked somewere between 9 and 12 lol. But what do I know....
    You'd better start adjusting your ranking....it's wrong