Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good value for Duchene?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Good value for Duchene?

Made this move in a limited keeper where I was deciding between Duchene and Zetterberg for my last keeper.

Duchene for Baertschi + 3rd round pick in re-entry draft

League details:
    12 team H2H keep 8 + 10 farm
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3F, 4D, 2G
    Stats: G=4, A=3, PPP=3, SHG=3, +/-=1, PIM=0.5, SOG=0.2, BLK=0.5 / W=3, SV=0.3, GA=-1, SHO=3

Keepers: Giroux, Tavares, Parise, Kopitar, Zetterberg/Duchene, Weber, Miller, Luongo

Farm: Tarasenko, Markstrom, Bernier, Bjugstad, Murphy, Orlov, Josefson, Colborne, Watson, Filatov

Now I'll slot Baertschi onto my farm and drop one of Watson/Filatov. I also have 2x 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 2x 9th, 2x 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th in the upcoming draft. How do you guys think I did?

Dobber Sports Expert

That's a great deal... it solves your keeper conundrum, and you get a decent replacement that you can chuck onto your farm for the next couple of years and snag a pick for it too.

You basically would have lost Duchene for nothing, so getting something back in return is perfect.

Seems good to me!
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaasquito View Post
    That's a great deal... it solves your keeper conundrum, and you get a decent replacement that you can chuck onto your farm for the next couple of years and snag a pick for it too.

You basically would have lost Duchene for nothing, so getting something back in return is perfect.

Seems good to me!
    Thanks, Ma. Always appreciate your advice and insight!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Made this move in a limited keeper where I was deciding between Duchene and Zetterberg for my last keeper.

Duchene for Baertschi + 3rd round pick in re-entry draft

League details:
    Stats: G=4, A=3, PPP=3, SHG=3, +/-=1, PIM=0.5, SOG=0.2, BLK=0.5 / W=3, SV=0.3, GA=-1, SHO=3

Keepers: Giroux, Tavares, Parise, Kopitar, Zetterberg/Duchene, Weber, Miller, Luongo

Farm: Tarasenko, Markstrom, Bernier, Bjugstad, Murphy, Orlov, Josefson, Colborne, Watson, Filatov

Now I'll slot Baertschi onto my farm and drop one of Watson/Filatov. I also have 2x 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 2x 9th, 2x 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th in the upcoming draft. How do you guys think I did?
    I would have kept the younger Duchene and moved Zets for the same package. Bigger fan of Duchene. Baertschi is a great pickup, reminds me of a younger Hossa. If you're happy, i'm happy
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I would have kept the younger Duchene and moved Zets for the same package. Bigger fan of Duchene. Baertschi is a great pickup, reminds me of a younger Hossa. If you're happy, i'm happy
    I like Zets a bit more than Duchene in this setup, especially with SOG counted. Would have loved to Keep Duchene and keep my core younger, but Zets is still a beast so I can't complain. The guy needed Duchene in order to make this happen.

Dobber Sports Sage

Very nice move.

You have some nice young keepers and having a consistent, reliable Zetterberg is a nice keep. And Baertschi immediately becomes your 2nd best farm player.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Duschene Undervalued

I think by the end of it he'll have won the trade. Sorry to say. But what do I know

Dobber Sports Wizard

SB will be a nice player. If i were moving Duchene, though, I would have wanted more. It's not a bad deal, but i can't say it's a good one either. The jury is out on this one, imo.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

I am not sure why some peeps think this is not a good deal for you. Your choice was 1 of either Duchene or Zetterberg. You might not particularly like giving up Duchene here but, you've got something back in return rather than nothing at all.

This is a win-win situation for both guys imo.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
    I am not sure why some peeps think this is not a good deal for you. Your choice was 1 of either Duchene or Zetterberg. You might not particularly like giving up Duchene here but, you've got something back in return rather than nothing at all.

This is a win-win situation for both guys imo.
    Exactly. It comes down to Zetterberg, Baertschi, and 3rd Round Pick reentry pick or Duchene and Watson/Filatov. Gimme Zets, SB, and the pick.

Maybe you could have gotten more for Duchene but a prospect that most people are putting in the top 10 and a pick is not bad. And there is no guarantee that Duchene is going to bounce back. There's a lot ways Colorado could go and Duchene was in Sacco's dog house last year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I like this deal for you, its never easy to get value out of a player you can't keep. Usually the opposing GM tries to drive the value down of the player because he knows you have to trade him or let him go.

Nice job getting Baertschi and the pick.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey guys, who do you think I should drop from my farm to make rooom for Baertschi? I'm kind of 50/50 between Watson, Colborne, and Filatov. Here are the details again:

Keepers: Giroux, Tavares, Parise, Kopitar, Zetterberg, Weber, Miller, Luongo

Farm: Tarasenko, Baertschi, Markstrom, Bernier, Bjugstad, Murphy, Orlov, Josefson, Colborne, Watson, Filatov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Filatov doesn't seem like he's ever going to come back to the NHL, so he'd get the axe from me.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    Filatov doesn't seem like he's ever going to come back to the NHL, so he'd get the axe from me.
    I agree, cut him loose.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Hey guys, who do you think I should drop from my farm to make rooom for Baertschi? I'm kind of 50/50 between Watson, Colborne, and Filatov. Here are the details again:

Keepers: Giroux, Tavares, Parise, Kopitar, Zetterberg, Weber, Miller, Luongo

Farm: Tarasenko, Baertschi, Markstrom, Bernier, Bjugstad, Murphy, Orlov, Josefson, Colborne, Watson, Filatov
    Did you just say Filatov? Where have I heard that name before?.....

[cut him]
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.