Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default The Walking Dead

Anyone else stoked for the season premiere tomorrow night?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm a little afraid of how long they'll stay at the prison considering how long they dragged out staying at the farm. Other than that, the show has been better than the comic book so far IMO, so I'm looking forward to it. Really looking forward to see how they portray Michonne. I wonder if they'll introduce The Governor this season.
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'm a little afraid of how long they'll stay at the prison considering how long they dragged out staying at the farm. Other than that, the show has been better than the comic book so far IMO, so I'm looking forward to it. Really looking forward to see how they portray Michonne. I wonder if they'll introduce The Governor this season.
    You have to know they are going to spend close to all season in the prison. For a show that relies on so much special effects and makeup they need to cut costs by skimping on set design. That means keeping the characters in one location as much as possible.

From what I hear the next season focuses a lot more on what the show does well - killing zombies in the most gorey, ridiculous ways possible - while spending less time on what it doesn't do well - story, characters, etc.

This is great for me because I'm not in it for the story, I'm in it for the blood and guts. Should be awesome!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wonder if I missed the last episode... what's this about a prison?!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    I wonder if I missed the last episode... what's this about a prison?!
    In the Season Two finale they show an aerial shot of the prison, which features prominently in the comic books. Now I haven't read the comics myself but from what I hear it should be a horrific time!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well, they're re-running the entire two seasons on AMC so I'll catch the last few just in case I missed something.

Administrator

Well, they're re-running the entire two seasons on AMC so I'll catch the last few just in case I missed something.
    Yeah, I'd say it's in your best interests to make sure you are all caught up. The finale last season was really good, especially when taken in the context of how mediocre last season was.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You have to know they are going to spend close to all season in the prison. For a show that relies on so much special effects and makeup they need to cut costs by skimping on set design. That means keeping the characters in one location as much as possible.

From what I hear the next season focuses a lot more on what the show does well - killing zombies in the most gorey, ridiculous ways possible - while spending less time on what it doesn't do well - story, characters, etc.

This is great for me because I'm not in it for the story, I'm in it for the blood and guts. Should be awesome!
    Yeah, but considering how much goes on in the prison in the comic books, I'm expecting two seasons at least in the prison with the pace they've set for the show. I'm also looking forward to see what they've changed from the comic books going forward. Maybe Merle returns...?
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Yeah, but considering how much goes on in the prison in the comic books, I'm expecting two seasons at least in the prison with the pace they've set for the show. I'm also looking forward to see what they've changed from the comic books going forward. Maybe Merle returns...?
    I'll spend five seasons in the prison so long as more stuff dies in the most egregiously messed up ways possible.

A return by Merle would be awesp,e especially since Daryl's character essentially evolved into a despicably cliched version of Sawyer from LOST. Merle's return would give Daryl a kick start I'm sure.

Also, the single best part of last season aside from the final episode was when they met the Walking Dead version of "the others". Any time you can add danger from sources outside of just zombies you are creating something fresh and exciting. Merle would bring that in every way possible. He would not only jack up the drama and intensity but frankly the character and actor quality as well. All pluses in my books.

Also, if Merle is back does he have a hook for a hand? Does he go Evil Dead 2 on us with a chainsaw? The possibilities are endless.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Verrrrrrry excited especially because Ive heard such good things about the new characters coming in. Supposedly this Governor is one bad ass mofo.

Hopefully the prison > the farm

Dobber Sports Wizard

I won't be able to watch this season at home, thanks to shitty Dish.....if anyone ever considers getting Dish don't it's useless. They're constantly dropping channels over disputes, no OnDemand....ugh it's terrible. I wonder if Bettman secretly owns Dish....

So hopefully I'll be able to catch it at my parent's or a friend's or something...been looking forward to the new season for months and just found out a couple weeks ago it's going to be a struggle to watch it.

If they follow the comic for the prison, this season is going to be amazing.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Initiate

According to THAT trailer, Merle DOES come back!

Dobber Sports Sage

You probably didn't miss anything - when the shot "the mysterious fenced in building" at the end of the finale last season, they left it up to the viewers to decide what it was. There was no mention of a jail so unless you've heard it from someone else or read the comic then you wouldn't know. I think this next season should be great after seeing the sneak peak!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Administrator

According to THAT trailer, Merle DOES come back!
    Yeah, I actually knew he was and was playing coy for spoiler reasons. Way to burst that bubble! Merle is going to be a game changer for sure. So pumped!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, I actually knew he was and was playing coy for spoiler reasons. Way to burst that bubble! Merle is going to be a game changer for sure. So pumped!
    Are we sure that's just not another dream his bro is having...!?!?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson