Thread: Binnington to start in Bronze Medal game for Can

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Binnington to start in Bronze Medal game for Can

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/statu...91513258135553

"Jordan Binnington gets the start for Canada in the Bronze Medal game tomorrow vs. Russia #TSN #2013WJC"

Personally, I still say he should have been the starter over Subban right from the beginning.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/statu...91513258135553

"Jordan Binnington gets the start for Canada in the Bronze Medal game tomorrow vs. Russia #TSN #2013WJC"

Personally, I still say he should have been the starter over Subban right from the beginning.
    I agree he should have been given at least a chance to show his stuff in one game. Be nice to see him get the start on Saturday.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Giant

hmm. one game too late.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Administrator

It's the right move. In a teenage tournament I think you should avoid throwing Subban to the wolves right after that downer of a game. Don't throw any more fuel on the fire.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Do Canadians actually care if the team wins Bronze or not? I think it's an almost meaningless gesture. If Binnington played yesterday Canada still would have been smashed with the way they played.

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh yes we care! The shit would hit the fan if we walk away with nothing.

Binnington should of been the starter from the beginning IMO.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

To me, this is just as much about beating Russia in their home barn as it is winning the Bronze. Does this game mean anything?? Darn tootin it does. This game may be just as exciting if not more then the Gold medal game. Both teams will want to win this one.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i don't care about canada winning the game, i just dont want the russians to win a medal on home soil lol.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I must admit I am surprised, but not in a bad way. I personally won't be getting up early to watch a battle for third place, but glad to hear others do care.

In that case starting Binnington is a nice gesture.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Start Paterson, he outplayed them both in training camp. I watched most of the games and Subban, while being very athletic, is still very raw positionally. Binnington isn't as flashy but he's more quiet, patient, and positions himself well. Binnington deserves the start. And yes a medal is important because you're playing for your country not a paycheck, and your country wants you to do your best and win.

Go Team US, they deserve gold with the way they are playing. Trouba is a beast on the pp. Gibson also has been lightsout, reminds me of Ryan Miller.
    Last edited by aleco83; January 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spell check
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by aleco83 View Post
    Start Paterson, he outplayed them both in training camp. I watched most of the games and Subban, while being very athletic, is still very raw positionally. Binnington isn't as flashy but he's more quiet, patient, and positions himself well. Binnington deserves the start. And yes a medal is important because you're playing for your country not a paycheck, and your country wants you to do your best and win.

Go Team US, they deserve gold with the way they are playing. Trouba is a beast on the pp. Gibson also has been lightsout, reminds me of Ryan Miller.
    Getting third place feels really pointless for me as a fan. If they lose I won't care at all. The goal of the team was to be the best team in the world and they failed at that, so bronze is just a way of saying you are one of the better losers in the tournament.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the US just crush the Swedes tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by aleco83 View Post

Its interesting you say he reminds you of Miller. If you read any writeups about Gibson, he lists Miller as his favorite player.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Its interesting you say he reminds you of Miller. If you read any writeups about Gibson, he lists Miller as his favorite player.
    It's his composure and the way he attacks shooters, he also never gives up on a play... where's Lucic when you need him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Good for Binnington, played great against the Americans for the limited time he played, and has had to watch from the very beginning despite having had a better camp than Subban. Probably should have been given an oppertunity to win the job in one of the earlier games, instead of having to wait for the team to collapse in the semi-finals against the Americans.

Dobber Sports Stud

Binnington yanked after allowing three goals, Subban has looked great in relief. 3-2 Russia after one period of play.