Thread: Ottawa residents - help please

The Wolverine

Default Ottawa residents - help please

My brother, who lives in Ottawa, wants an electronic tie rack for Christmas. I'm not going to get him one, but can you recommend a few stores that should sell them who also sells gift vouchers? Online would be preferred for ease of sending but I would consider physical ones to send him if there is time. Of course it depends if they accept UK credit cards but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. It doesn't matter if it's a big or small store - as long as they have a website and I'm able to order a voucher. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Try this site:
    http://www.morgantemenswear.com/main.html

It's a menswear shop downtown that's on the radio all the time. I didn't see any electronic tie racks for sale but you could ask if they have them for sale or know of a place. It's a local shop too.

When in doubt I go to Amazon. They have them listed fairly reasonable here

You can ship direct to your brother or in the alternative you can email him an Amazon gift card direct from the same web site. I usually do this with my sisters (gift certs), that way they can spend some time shopping for themselves.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Giant

Walmart, l'Équipeur and even Staples have them on sale during the Holidays. Zellers and The Bay have them for sure as well!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    When in doubt I go to Amazon. They have them listed fairly reasonable here

You can ship direct to your brother or in the alternative you can email him an Amazon gift card direct from the same web site. I usually do this with my sisters (gift certs), that way they can spend some time shopping for themselves.
    Agreed - can't go wrong with Amazon. They sell EVERYTHING.

The Wolverine

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far.

Re: Amazon. Had a look at the Canadian site (would rather go there for easier exchange) and they don't seem to have the types he'd be looking for. Though the American ones do.

If I can't find a suitable place, I'll keep Amazon in mind for a general gift card though, and he can find the tie rack elsewhere.

EDIT: Sears sells them so if they accept my card then I'll be getting a voucher from them.
    Last edited by horrorfan; December 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

re: Amazon Canada vs. America

Although the american site sometimes charges shipping to Canada (vs. free shipping if you buy from the .ca site), you will often find that a) the US site is way cheaper in some instances and b) as you already know, selection is much greater.

Even though I'm in Canada, I'd say most of my purchases are through the US site... even after shipping charges, the net is usually less due to the price differential.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    re: Amazon Canada vs. America

Although the american site sometimes charges shipping to Canada (vs. free shipping if you buy from the .ca site), you will often find that a) the US site is way cheaper in some instances and b) as you already know, selection is much greater.

Even though I'm in Canada, I'd say most of my purchases are through the US site... even after shipping charges, the net is usually less due to the price differential.
    Alright, thanks for that.

I'm still considering the Sears route, especially since he can go into the store and check it out before ordering.