Thread: Trade Huberdeau & Schultz?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade Huberdeau & Schultz?

Got offered J.Staal, Heatley and Suter for Huberdeau and Schultz. I'm seriously thinking this is a steal. I'd still have to drop a player as well.

My keepers would also need to be adjusted.

Am I right for wanting this deal?
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

Administrator

Here's the issue. At this point in the year with a real threat of losing the entire season what will happen with your roster? Will you have to reset your keepers and redraft or will you keep what you have?

I'd argue that you might want to keep Huberdeau if the season gets wiped out because he might be the most valuable keeper of all the players involved.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I believe it would be a redraft after selecting 14 keepers.
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

Dobber Sports Initiate

No way I'd do that deal. In 2 years you will be kicking yourself. Hard. If you're moving Hubs + Schultz, try to package them for an upgraded keeper rather than 3 middling guys.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    Got offered J.Staal, Heatley and Suter for Huberdeau and Schultz. I'm seriously thinking this is a steal. I'd still have to drop a player as well.

No deal. Heatley is useless. Staal is at best a 68-72 point centerman. Suter a 40-45 point dman. No way i'd move either of those, let alone both of them for that package. It may seem like a "steal" now, but going fwd, you'd regret this move. FLA's offence will flow through Hubs, and Schultz oozes talent.
    pass on this or look for something more promising. Heatley, ha that's funny.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Points only, I definitely wouldn't do this deal...
    You seem pretty well situated with prospects (Huberdeau, Granlund, Tarasenko, Bartschi)to start filling in as other guys age (Hossa, Elias, Tanguay).
    You won last year, if there's a season this year you could be HUGE (if band-aid-boys stay healthy in shortened season). You obviously don't need more "win-now" talent (Staal, Heatley sort of), so why give up big prospects?
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

Dobber Sports Stud

Not a steal at all. I wouldn't do the deal even if you didn't have to drop someone.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Genius

The value is ok if there was a season right now and the league lead was within reach. That said, you have to look at what this would do for the future.

Though it's far from a sure thing, Schultz could realistically match Suter in scoring as soon as next season with the potential for much, much more later on. The same could be said about Huberdeau too. Within 2 seasons he could realistically match or surpass both Staal and Heatley with the potential for much, much more later on.

Now you have two extra players coming in, since Schultz isn't a keeper yet that does need to be addressed. So who gets cut? Elias because of his age? He's still a better producer than Heatley at this point, though Staal could get there. Semin because of consistency/potential flight risk? I believe Semin wants to play in the NHL or he would have taken off at the start of last summer for the KHL plus he is only 28 and more talented than he has gotten credit for lately.

I think what you have far outweighs what the return is since your team is already loaded with high end talent. Neither side will help your team now, but your side carries all the future value. For now too, I would keep Schultz over Elias going forward.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post

1. Heatley stinks and Staal doesn't have the upside of Huberdeau.
    2. Schultz is in an ideal situation in Edmonton, huge upside (more than Suter).

I'd pass.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Padawan

So did you guys go through a draft for this season? Is the roster you have the one you will roll with this season?

I'd personally pass on this trade. You essentially swap out Huberdeau as keeper for J. Staal. I don't like it.

Also, I'd suggest going for the homerun "keeper" in Schultz and keep a 2nd Dman. Drop Elias. Point being, you'll be able to snag Elias (or an Elias-like player) later in the draft. Schultz has the goods/potential/right situation going for him in EDM that warrants being kept on your team and in your league's scoring cats.

Good luck!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)