Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heart Trophy

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Heart Trophy

I don't care what anyone says as of right now Kadri needs to be considered for the Heart trophy.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Guru

My first reaction was...what?
    But on second thought -- if they manage to hang on to a playoff spot, he'll have to get some votes. He's been insane.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Padawan

please tell me that was a typo or an autocorrect
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Hart is Crosby's to lose at this point, but I don't think it's unreasonable to consider Kadri as a potential nominee.

Leafs wouldn't be in the playoffs without him that's for sure.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by gerbernomics View Post
    Absolutely not. Heart trophy is suppose to go to the player that is most important to his team. He is essentially the only change to a team (JVR) and they have gone to being laughing stocks for the better part of a decade to a team that could get home ice advantage in the playoffs and have gotten points in 8 straight games. He is also somewhere around 5th in scoring after tonight and is the best player on his team almost every night... not saying he should get the award but he should be discussed.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

For someone ppl considered a bust (or unlikely to make them team in preseason) he has been an offensive force.

Ron Wilson maybe could have saved his job playing him.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gerbernomics View Post
    Why not?
    After tonight, his 39 points will put him 6th in scoring. That alone will garner some votes.

Outscoring him is St. Louis and Stamkos (and Tbay isn't making the playoffs). Hard to see one of them getting it.

That leaves Kane, Crosby, Tavares, Getzlaf, and Kadri all fighting for the award as of now.

I agree, it's probably Crosby's to lose. But I could see Kadri getting some discussion.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

3 goals and an assist tonight. Just another day at the office. There aren't many players in the league that are more valuable to their team than Kadri. He makes everyone around him better. He and Lupul together have been deadly. Toronto is playoff bound and Kadri is a major reason why.
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Banned

Jesus christ

Banned

and it's the Hart Trophy. Are you not a hockey fan?

Banned

Lupul is more important to his team than Kadri

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy junkie View Post
    3 goals and an assist tonight. Just another day at the office. There aren't many players in the league that are more valuable to their team than Kadri. He makes everyone around him better. He and Lupul together have been deadly. Toronto is playoff bound and Kadri is a major reason why.
    Wow...... put Kadri up against some top defenders. I want to see him put up on the top line and see what he does. What i the ratio of hs off/def zone starts? Anyone know?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Pro

For as much as I appreciate the sentiment and as a Leaf fan I am enamored with Kadri, I think this is a little bit of an overreaction.

1- as mentioned it is Crosby's to lose.
    2- Kane, Getz, Tavares, are the leaders of their teams in more than just scoring. Kane has Toews, Getz has Perry and Tavares, well he in on NYI, but all of them play #1 minutes and play against the other teams #1 lines or defensive units every night.

What Kadri is doing is amazing and a godsend to the Leafs, but not at the Hart level.

I would also suggest that Lupul looks more like the inspirational leader of teh Leafs at the moment. He has taken the team by storm since returning, he has reignited the firestorm known as Kadri and has passion flowing from him.

Bigbabybuda, I love the post. The fact that it is not rejected as utter nonsense shows what a factor Kadri is this year, but he is realistically 4th on the list at best and likely to land closer to 10th by the time all is said and done.

Arguments could be made for E Staal, Goalies Price or Anderson, hell I am sure PK Subban has enough hype right now that he will get some votes.

The Hart would be a miraculous accomplishment for any Leaf, but for now, as a fan, get me to the playoffs and then we can debate whatever the hell you want.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Wow...... put Kadri up against some top defenders. I want to see him put up on the top line and see what he does. What i the ratio of hs off/def zone starts? Anyone know?
    He is 6th in scoring and is more physical then the majority of the guys out scoring him. He goes up against the top defenders a lot now. Crosby should win if he gets back but Kadri is 2nd or 3rd imo.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    He is 6th in scoring and is more physical then the majority of the guys out scoring him. He goes up against the top defenders a lot now. Crosby should win if he gets back but Kadri is 2nd or 3rd imo.
    Crosby will win regardless of if he never plays another game this year. No point even discussing Kadri.