Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Reinhart was called up to replace Hamonic. He played in place of him last night. Poluck was called up today to be the 7th d-man or to rotate with Donovan, Streit, Reinhart, etc.. and really, who cares. The Isles blueline is starting to look like it did last year, again.
    Hickey is actually turning into a nice find

Banned

Hickey has been phenomenal - last year too. Isles don't have a real stand-out d-man, but their top six (when healthy) are as good as anybody in the league.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Hickey has been phenomenal - last year too. Isles don't have a real stand-out d-man, but their top six (when healthy) are as good as anybody in the league.
    Hickey and Leddy really impressed me last night - stepping up with all the injuries .

Dobber Sports Deity

Hickey is a perfect example of a Dman blooming later than anticipated. The kid was the 4th overall pick in 2007 so his solid play should have been the norm, not a surprise. I am sure the Kings didn't want to lose him off waivers but good on the Islanders for snapping him up when they did. He's been solid for them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Seems to be a bit of a logjam on the PP recently with Vis, Boychuk & Hammonic. Hammonic seems to have taken it up a notch too.
    How do you Isle fans see this playing out for 1) the rest of the season, & 2) next year(Boychuk & Vis UFA at the end of this season) I wont ask beyond because theirs a good chance RP will be in the mix by then.
    Thanks for your insights on this.

Banned

The Isles use of personel is mind-boggling sometimes. Hamonic should not be on a top PP unit, ever. He brings nothing, except shots that miss the net. That said, the Isles Pk is the worst in the league and they have made exactly zero changes to the system that has failed them continually all year. Capiano and company have them playinghard every night, but I still think that this is a team that is winning in spite of poor coaching. If the Isles lose a couple games
    , the PP will likely change again, but roll the dice to know who will be on it. Can anyone logically explain why Strome isn't on the top unit?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Seems to be a bit of a logjam on the PP recently with Vis, Boychuk & Hammonic. Hammonic seems to have taken it up a notch too.
    How do you Isle fans see this playing out for 1) the rest of the season, & 2) next year(Boychuk & Vis UFA at the end of this season) I wont ask beyond because theirs a good chance RP will be in the mix by then.
    Thanks for your insights on this.
    I think at his point you'll never put a finger on their PP. For the short term, I think it's going to be a plug and play as far as the point goes, especially on PP1. I did not see the whole Hammonic thing coming at all. And I'm still surprised Leddy hasn't seen much PP1 time. It may have to do with the lefty vs righty shot thing, I'm not sure. Leddy will be re-signed, they will try to re-sign Boychuck and probably get it done unless the asking price is too high. I think Vys is the odd man out...there's just too much talent in Bridgeport to keep an aging vet with injury concerns.

27Blue is 100% correct, you can defend Cappy by saying look at the record, but I think the team keeps winning Despite him and the coaching staff as a whole. You will never make a long run in the playoffs without a PK plain and simple. Some of his line combos are just total head scratchers.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Expert

Thanks for the excellent info guys(as usual). You guys and Butch are terrific when it comes to keeping us updated.

Dobber Sports Sage

Haven't watched many NYI games this year but I'm watchin the game tonight vs NYR. Man do they (NYI) look dangerous out there. Always buzzing around the opposition goal mouth. Gonna be fun to watch come playoffs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnny T finish the year really strong and end up in the top 5 in points by years end either.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Star

Gotta say this is the dream scenario for those of us who snagged Anders Lee last year. Another few weeks to lock it down and we could be looking at Lee-JT-Okposo as one of the most productive lines in the league for years.

I love it when a plan comes together....
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Gotta say this is the dream scenario for those of us who snagged Anders Lee last year. Another few weeks to lock it down and we could be looking at Lee-JT-Okposo as one of the most productive lines in the league for years.

I love it when a plan comes together....
    Most Islander fans will tell you, that is the line we thought we would see out of camp and were very disappointed they decided to run with Conacher for as long as they did. The second scenario would have been Nelson over Lee. I just don't see Bailey a good fit there, despite him being very productive so far. I just like Lee's size and net front presence he brings to that line.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Master

Arthur Staple ✔ @StapeNewsday
    Follow
    Nick Leddy has signed a seven-year contract. Further details to come. #Isles
    11:56 AM - 24 Feb 2015

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Arthur Staple ✔ @StapeNewsday
    Follow
    Nick Leddy has signed a seven-year contract. Further details to come. #Isles
    11:56 AM - 24 Feb 2015
    I don't hate it. The term's a little long, but that's the price of doing business. If there's not a no trade clause this contract will be easy to move down the road.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sooo things are on a bit of a downturn for the Isles and so they put Kennedy??? with JT??? and WHAM. Lose to the Leafs.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Sooo things are on a bit of a downturn for the Isles and so they put Kennedy??? with JT??? and WHAM. Lose to the Leafs.
    Not so fast.......3-3