Page 46 of 244 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Also curious what you think will happen with Ben Bishop?
    Ben Bishop will be traded when GM Murray can get his 2nd or better back. Right now he can't and he knows Bishop is worth it so he is waiting. Murray will be patient as he should.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    My thoughts on Borowiecki. I think he will be a staple on the Sens as early as next year. He's a beast that other teams will hate and already do. Other teams know when he is on the ice and if they don't, they will ask when they get to the bench after picking themselves up off the ice. Blocked shots and hits all game, every game. Not afraid to protect and defend his teammates. Will be a fan fav very quickly.
    If that's the case now, why send him down at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep him if he's already doing all of the things you describe? From my limited time watching one Sens game, I was very impressed with him. He looks ready.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    If that's the case now, why send him down at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep him if he's already doing all of the things you describe? From my limited time watching one Sens game, I was very impressed with him. He looks ready.
    All those things aren't the case right now - I apologize for the mangled paragraph.

Some are, some aren't and he still has some negatives. I've been impressed to, especially after he struggled to maintain some discipline in the AHL this lockout.

Him getting sent down is just my gut, like I said. Wiercioch and him are as close as a coin toss and will probably flip-flop all year based on stretches of opponents.

I stand by Wiercioch getting my call of for the large majority of the games this year over Borowiecki. Read some of my earlier posts in this thread, I have talked about it many times actually.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    All those things aren't the case right now - I apologize for the mangled paragraph.

Some are, some aren't and he still has some negatives. I've been impressed to, especially after he struggled to maintain some discipline in the AHL this lockout.

Him getting sent down is just my gut, like I said. Wiercioch and him are as close as a coin toss and will probably flip-flop all year based on stretches of opponents.

I stand by Wiercioch getting my call of for the large majority of the games this year over Borowiecki. Read some of my earlier posts in this thread, I have talked about it many times actually.
    Thanks, notch. Your posts have been very helpful.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Z looked good in the third tonight....I got a trade offer for him, lol!
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Z looked good in the third tonight....I got a trade offer for him, lol!
    Did you get him?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nah I doubt I'll trade him. Picked him up 3 times and as long as Spezz is out and he's on the big club I'm keeping him. Even if it would make more sense to trade him than someone like Schenn or Conacher...Z is a Senator. I love rooting for my fantasy players, and I love rooting for the Senators even more.

Getting to do both is too much fun.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just a post to question what Sens management was doing drafting Zibanejad ahead of Dougie Hamilton. If I remember correctly, they thought they were deep enough on D and wanted a forward. If that is true, then they are officially dumb. ESPECIALLY in the first round, you draft the BPA ALWAYS. You can take players based on positional needs later in the draft and/or trade for needs, but the draft is a crap shoot, why not take the player you think is going to be the best?

Winnipeg went with Mark Scheifele over Hamilton as well, so I'm not picking on Ottawa specifically, but the first 5 draft picks and 8 (Couturier), I can understand why they were taken, but 6 & 7 may prove to be mistakes. That said, Zibanejad does have potential, it's just that a 6'4" D with offensive ability would seem to be the better choice to me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Just a post to question what Sens management was doing drafting Zibanejad ahead of Dougie Hamilton. If I remember correctly, they thought they were deep enough on D and wanted a forward. If that is true, then they are officially dumb. ESPECIALLY in the first round, you draft the BPA ALWAYS. You can take players based on positional needs later in the draft and/or trade for needs, but the draft is a crap shoot, why not take the player you think is going to be the best?

Winnipeg went with Mark Scheifele over Hamilton as well, so I'm not picking on Ottawa specifically, but the first 5 draft picks and 8 (Couturier), I can understand why they were taken, but 6 & 7 may prove to be mistakes. That said, Zibanejad does have potential, it's just that a 6'4" D with offensive ability would seem to be the better choice to me.
    Sorry Comish (you know I love ya), but the Sens and Murray do indeed draft BPA.

I wouldn't question anything Bryan Murray had done at the draft table. Do you really want me to post his draft history? I will post from 2008 and on if you want and I will ask you to find any of the other 29 teams to compare that to.

Your call.

A little too early to be calling out Zibanejad versus Hamilton or anyone from 2011 for that matter.

Banned

nevermind..............

Dobber Sports Genius

Haha. Told ya Comish, you are gonna get hurt coming here and saying what you did. I'm gonna give you some + rep just because I like ya. You've had me and now Big Ev come here 5 minutes after your post.

Please take your verbal diarrhea elsewhere. Haha.

Banned

Seriously though, they would have taken Hamilton if they didn't have Rundblad at the time. I am glad that didn't happen though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Seriously though, they would have taken Hamilton if they didn't have Rundblad at the time. I am glad that didn't happen though.
    Actually, I was hoping both notch and Big Ev would chime in on this and they have (very quickly I might add!). I didn't really know if Ottawa drafted the BPA and I am happy to hear that they do/did/ I would be disappointed if they passed on Hamilton to take Zibanejad due to a positional deficiency.

I do see flashes in Zibanejad, where he might be a dominant player in the NHL.

Man, Rundblad really tore up the SEL and he just can't buy a break in the NHL.

Thanks guys, I really wasn't trying to be critcal, but didn't know if the Sens subscribed to the BPA principle. Glad to hear that they do/did.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Actually, I was hoping both notch and Big Ev would chime in on this and they have (very quickly I might add!). I didn't really know if Ottawa drafted the BPA and I am happy to hear that they do/did/ I would be disappointed if they passed on Hamilton to take Zibanejad due to a positional deficiency.

I do see flashes in Zibanejad, where he might be a dominant player in the NHL.

Man, Rundblad really tore up the SEL and he just can't buy a break in the NHL.

Thanks guys, I really wasn't trying to be critcal, but didn't know if the Sens subscribed to the BPA principle. Glad to hear that they do/did.
    Big Ev posted just after me, but pretty much said the same thing, not sure why he edited his post to just say "never mind"? I thought it was funny we said the exact same thing just one minute apart. His original post said this, "Rule #1: Don't question the Ottawa Senators draft staff. Best drafting team over the last 5 years."

Anyway, Rundblad's game may never translate onto NA ice. He can't buy a break because his game isn't suited for the NHL.

Not only should you never question Bryan Murray and his draft table team, I wouldn't want to touch his recent trading success either. I dare you to picture the Sens right now without Kyle Turris or Methot.

ZBad will be more than fine.

Dobber Sports Genius

So as I mentioned that it was plausible for the Sens to carry 8 defencemen, it seems as though they will indeed to that now that Lundin has recovered from his broken finger.

Gonchar has had the flu for 3 games now, Lundin was out which kept Borowiecki in.

Expect Borowiecki to be sent back soon though if the other 7 remain healthy.

Oh and Latendresse has a concussion...again. His career might be over, it could already be with the Sens.