Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Olympics name Tournament best players

Banned

Default Re: Olympics name Tournament best players

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Because I watch Kessel every night and he is an elite scorer but if he isn't scoring or setting up goals he adds nothing of value to his team what so ever. He plays with 0 physical edge, doesn't draw penalty's and is way below average defensively. In the medal round when it matter he didn't do anything so I don't see how you can award him the best forward of the tournament.
    What does that have to do with his play this tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Kessel was the best American player without a doubt and Karlsson was spectacular. Price was also outstanding and deserved Tournament MVP.
    Price wasn't even Canada's most valuable player so he did not deserve MVP at all.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What does that have to do with his play this tournament?

Price wasn't even Canada's most valuable player so he did not deserve MVP at all.
    It is stating that he doe's not do anything that improves his team chance of winning if he isn't scoring and he didn't score in the entire medal round. How can you give a player the award for best forward were he had two good games, in what were essentially meaningless games and did next to nothing in every meaningful game. It is completely absurd to me.

Going by your same logic Ev, If Selanee is the tourny MVP how is he not the best forward!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's funny to think only a few months ago people were calling Granlund a bust.

And predictably, people are now calling Price the best goalie in the world.

Dobber Sports Legend

I disagree. I think Canada's best players were Price, Doughty and Weber. Price pitched shutouts in B2B medal games and was outstanding. His nasty glove save on Carlson early on vs. The States was huge - if USA scores there it could have been a different game.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    It's funny to think only a few months ago people were calling Granlund a bust.
    I don't think Granlund is a bust but some players excel in International play. Granlund is a good, young player but I think peoples expectations of him were way too high early on. I see him eventually rounding out to be a nice 20G/45A forward (maybe flirting with 70+ at some point) but I definitely don't see him as a 75-80+ star talent. As a Granlund owner I also worry about injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    And predictably, people are now calling Price the best goalie in the world.
    Carey Price is among the top-5 goalies in the world IMO and I've classified him as such for the last 2 years. I still wouldn't put him above Quick or Rask but he's inching closer to Lundqvist and is definitely in my top handful.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

I must have watched an alternate universe Canada US game then, because the one I watched, Kessel was excellent in that game as well. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't play well. And if Crosby and all the other Canadian forwards were better than Kessel because "Kessel scored in meaningless games", then how come Crosby couldn't score when he played against Norway, Latvia and Austria?
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I don't think Granlund is a bust but some players excel in International play. Granlund is a good, young player but I think peoples expectations of him were way too high early on. I see him eventually rounding out to be a nice 20G/45A forward (maybe flirting with 70+ at some point) but I definitely don't see him as a 75-80+ star talent. As a Granlund owner I also worry about injuries.

No, what he's saying is that it wasnt that long ago that people were calling him a bust on these forums. Last year, when he struggled and was sent down to the AHL there was a lot of threads going on around here questioning him and whether he was for real. I remember this quite well because I defended him a few times. I tried doing a search but it doesnt go back to see the older threads.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Well grnalund was built for the big ice. These tourneys will inflate the value of a player like that, and basically every goalie since the games are so defensive.

Dobber Sports Sage

Well grnalund was built for the big ice. These tourneys will inflate the value of a player like that, and basically every goalie since the games are so defensive.
    God you look silly!

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I must have watched an alternate universe Canada US game then, because the one I watched, Kessel was excellent in that game as well. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't play well. And if Crosby and all the other Canadian forwards were better than Kessel because "Kessel scored in meaningless games", then how come Crosby couldn't score when he played against Norway, Latvia and Austria?
    Because he sucks, just like Drew Doughty! It is akin to giving Giroux the Conn Smythe two years ago when he scored 17 pts in 10 games. You can not give a player the award for being the best player in a tournament when he doesn't show up when it matters. Fact is in the medal round he had one secondary assist.

grammar Nazi
    Noun