Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Rundblad

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default David Rundblad

I'm pretty sure the Coyotes knew what they were trading for when they got this guy. But does anybody else see the amount of tough competition ahead of this guy, in the Coyote's system, and wonder; will he will get the opportunity to produce??

In a points only keeper league, would you want this guy going forward in a rebuild?? Do you see Rundblad as a major point producer from the backend?? His 50 points in 55 SEL games really intrigue's me..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think they realize that offense is his strong suit, and I do believe they fully intend to use that aspect of his game.

But man there's some talented young guys in that system - OEL, Yandle, Rundblad, Gormley, etc.

Dobber Sports Genius

The Sens paid St. Louis a 1st rnd pick for Rundblad and the Blues drafted Taresenko with that pick.
    The Sens then sent Rundblad + a 2nd rnd pick to Pho. for Turris.
    Expensive venture & gamble by the Sens. but , IF Turris continues to do well with Ottawa I'd say they did ok.
    As for Rundblad , I still believe he's a future 35+pt. d-man with the ability to achieve higher #s at his prime.He's got some competition in front of him but , if he can prove he deserves ice time , gets ice time and performs well , then he may progress quicker.Without a break he's going to be a guy to be patient with.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Banned

its simple actually...the Yotes aren't rushing him because they absolutely do not need to, better to develop his game, especially defensive responsibility to go with the offense slowly while you have a team that plays great overal team D, that's a great environment to nurture a young d-man. I think what will happen bit by bit is that we'll see Yandle take on more and more of a shutdown/leadership role while they increasinly work OEL and Rundblad in on the PP and offensive situations...I see Yandle becoming a Chara like d-man for the Yotes, a guy who logs huge minutes, plays in all the critical situations and still chips in offensively with his ability to jump into the rush and that big shot (in otherwords 40-50 pts a year and lots of TOI). I just think he has the most potential to fill that role of their d-men so while he still has quite a bit of room to fully grow into that role, it will happen eventually.
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; May 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Banned

oel and yandle both play the right side, gormley and rundblad play the left. so, at least he won't have to directly battle oel or yandle for offensive time.

as for phoenix, if he isn't already, oel will soon be the anchor and number one defenceman on the roster. at some point, you would think that the yotes will move one of these guys for some help up front. doan is no spring chicken and whitney is, well, ancient.... they are going to need offensive help up front sooner than later.

the best thing for rundblad would be for phoenix to move him... or gormley. they aren't moving oel and if they move yandle, rundblad still has to compete with gormley for time on the left side. my money is on gormley moving out.

I have a feeling its going to be a long wait.

Dobber Sports Giant

i think he will be worth the wait.big upside in my opinion.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd hate to be in Micheal Stone and Chris Summers position. Way to much competition for them. Phoenix is as deep as Nashville at this point.

Rundblad will eventually get his time as cream does rise to the top. But in the meantime slow growth is the overall theme.
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    oel and yandle both play the right side, gormley and rundblad play the left. so, at least he won't have to directly battle oel or yandle for offensive time.

as for phoenix, if he isn't already, oel will soon be the anchor and number one defenceman on the roster. at some point, you would think that the yotes will move one of these guys for some help up front. doan is no spring chicken and whitney is, well, ancient.... they are going to need offensive help up front sooner than later.

the best thing for rundblad would be for phoenix to move him... or gormley. they aren't moving oel and if they move yandle, rundblad still has to compete with gormley for time on the left side. my money is on gormley moving out.
    That's not correct. Rundblad is a right-handed d-man who plays the right side.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    That's not correct. Rundblad is a right-handed d-man who plays the right side.
    thanks...i had it backwards... oel and yandle play the left side, rundblad plays the right. point remains.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Maybe Coyotes should trade Rundblad/Gormley for Edmonton 1st pick ?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Maybe Coyotes should trade Rundblad/Gormley for Edmonton 1st pick ?
    they should, but that would never be on the table. Not nearly enough for Edmonton.

Wow, wouldn't that be interesting for both teams.. Big Ev is right though, Phoenix would definitely have to throw in more!!

Dobber Sports Guru

4 assists in 4 games so far. But also -2 while OEL for example is +4.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    4 assists in 4 games so far. But also -2 while OEL for example is +4.
    Still holding out hope for this guy so good to see.