Thread: 11/16/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default 11/16/11 - Studs & Duds

Four matches tonight and all but one were virtually blowouts, and the only reason the other wasn't is a result of Hiller's superb goaltending and Brown's inability to finish. Anyway...

Studs

3) 'Tending Display - Both Jon Quick and Jonas Hiller put on an amazing goaltending display tonight. Anaheim didn't even belong in the game without Hiller's 36 saves and .973 save percentage and Quick made some nice saves and just narrowly missed posting a shutout; he did hang in for the win to go along with 23 saves and a .958 save percentage.

2) Price-ing Out the Competition - Price shut the door against the struggling Canes and recorded a 25 save shutout. While his start to the season was beyond rough, he has certainly started to make up for it and has been stellar the past while.

1) And the Stat Line of the Night Goes To... - Mike Richards! He had 7 shots on goal, 1 powerplay point, 1 goal, 1 blocked shot, 4 hits, 7 face-off wins, and was named 1st star of the night.

Honorable Mentions

Physical Presence - Montreal's Emelin was a monster in the physical department tonight, blocking 7 shots and dishing out 7 hits.

Adam Henrique - Another solid night for the kid: 2 assists, plus 2, 2 blocks, 2 shots, and 7 face-off wins to go along with 1 shorthanded point.

Crawford - Sharp as ever tonight. Stopped 28 for a .966 save percentage.

Devils - Top line combined for five points, scored both shorthanded and with the man advantage. Also scored 5 goals for the first time this season.

Duds

3) Topping the Negatives - Buffalo's top line has been dominant most this season, but not tonight. While they combined for 2 points, they also combined for a not-so-hot minus 5 rating.

2) Schneider and the Canucks - Canucks started off well and jumped to a 1-0 lead. However, they absolutely fell apart in the last bit of the third, allowing 3 goals in 4 minutes. Schneider saw his save percentage drop from a studly level to a dudly .815, taking home the honors for the worst goalie stats of the night.

1) Dust Busters - The Canes are off to an awful start of the season, no other way around it. Harrison posted a worst-of-the-night rating of minus 3, Staal continues his best impression of Shawn Horcoff circa 10-11 (huge salary, non-producing, league worst +/-), Ward posted a sub-.900 save percentage yet again... Bad news all around for poolies.

Dishonorable Mentions

No Finish - Dustin Brown essentially missed or fan on at least two open nets tonight. Just couldn't put the puck in the twine.

Early Ducks - Ducks played well in the third, but prior to that they had no part in the game if it weren't for Hiller.

Dobber Sports Monster

Blackhawks baby!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Actually, Enroth had the worst goalie stats of the night: 5.95, .737.

Dobber Sports Ace

hossa! he was on fire tonight
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by CommittedToTheIndian View Post
    Actually, Enroth had the worst goalie stats of the night: 5.95, .737.
    Right! My bad.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Right! My bad.
    Amateur hour....

You would put Mike Richards as first star...should have made D.Brown #1 dud..goddammit.

lol Nice job.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Amateur hour....

You would put Mike Richards as first star...should have made D.Brown #1 dud..goddammit.

lol Nice job.
    Canes <<<<< Brown

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tyler Myers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfreunde View Post
    Tyler Myers?
    2 goals, 4 shots. Dunno, good performance for the kid but not really stud worthy compared to others on the night.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfreunde View Post
    Tyler Myers?
    Would you make him a stud for the two goals or a dud for the POSSIBLE suspension? lol.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Would you make him a stud for the two goals or a dud for the POSSIBLE suspension? lol.
    Is Myers looking at a suspension?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Is Myers looking at a suspension?
    I dunno I heard some people talking about it earlier. He did hit Zubrus in the head but it struck me as more incidental contact than anything.

Torres and MacArthur got suspended for what I view as the exact same hit so I dunno anymore