Thread: 11/13/11 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 11/13/11 Studs & Duds

Studs

Twice as Nice from Stephen Weiss

Poolies are not counting on Weiss for his PIM production but much like Selanne a week ago, Weiss presented his fantasy owners with a massive PIM reward. With two misconducts Weiss dropped a 20 lbs. PIM bomb that will no doubt amount to about half of his total year production in this category. Soak it up poolies!

This Little Piggy Went to the Market...

And this little piggy scored two goals. That's right, two goals for Jonathan Toews against the Oilers, one of which was the game winner. Toews was Sunday's big shooter with seven SOG and also finished with a plus-two rating.

When In Rome...

Do as Aaron Rome does (at least tonight anyway). In a performance I am sure no one got to enjoy, Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome was the highest scoring player of Sunday. He notched one goal, two assists, while finishing with a plus-two rating, one PPP, and three SOG. Rome really put on a roto-show for his zero fantasy owners.

Honourable Mentions

Blackhawks Offense

The Blackhawks shredded the Oilers 6-3 with a magnificent offensive performance. Seriously, they were like Noah's Ark up in this bitch with the following players registering two-point nights: Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Marian Hossa, Nick Leddy, Steve Montador, and Duncan Keith.

Not so Foul After All

Fowler scored both goals for the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday night, which were his first and second goals of the season. He also managed four SOG. Expect Fowler to play an even bigger role for the Ducks over the next month with Visnovsky out.

Duds

The Guch

Somehow, while playing for the winning side in a 3-2 game, Devin Setoguchi wound up finishing with the worst plus/minus. His minus-two rating was as bad as any player in any game on Sunday. On top of that he finished with only one SOG and produced goose eggs in every other category. Setoguchi's liberation from the depth in San Jose was supposed to allow him to break out this season but with just eight points through the first 17 games he has been a major disappointment.

The Wall Crumbles

Look, you can hardly blame Oilers goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin for the loss tonight but his fantasy owners have grown accustom to a certain standard of living. Khabibulin's renaissance this season has made him a must own in fantasy leagues and I'm sure many owners were counting on him stealing a win on this Sunday night. It wasn't to be as Khabibulin allowed five goals on 34 shots

Kul Your Jets

Tonight was not a great night for Panthers defenseman Dmitri Kulikov or his fantasy owners. Kulikov was held pointless for the first time in six games and finished a miserable minus-two with just two SOG. It is not entirely his fault as Kulikov was paired with Mike "Should Not Be Allowed to Pinch" Weaver for the night. It is hard to stay off the ice for goals against when your partner leaves you high and dry for three-on-ones.

Dis-Honourable Mentions

A Movember to Forget

Jonas Hiller and his Movember Mask have gone 1-3-2 so far this month and have only allowed less than three goals in a game once. That's bad, but the real reason he's here: giving up three goals in a single period to the Minnesota Wild. Seriously, it is time to shave off that whole mask.

Oilers Road Trip

I do not have the numbers from the whole road trip but the Oilers got spanked (as they should have) against three of the league's best over the last three games of that trip. Boston, Detroit and Chicago each spanked the Oilers by a three goal margin. As I alluded to however, this was not a shock so the real dud goes to my buddy who bet on the Oilers in all three games against my advice. Do not. I repeat, do not bet on the Oilers on the road. Just don't do it. Here's to a week of him saying, "Oh well now they are at home, and they are due!"
    Last edited by metaldude26; November 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This Little Piggy Went to the Market...

And this little piggy scored two goals. That's right, two goals for Jonathan Toews
    Not sure if this is referring to anything in particular but thought it was hilarious. Best intro title yet perhaps!

Edit: Now I get it, even better. Was too hung over to figure it out the first time haha
    Last edited by Ross The Boss Palmer; November 14, 2011 at 4:24 AM.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd almost give Nabbie an HM for holding onto 32 of 35 shots - I figured he would be crucified.

Loved the "... zero fantasy owners." - coffee snorted through the nose - thank you so much.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Love your style man, well done.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates