Thread: Trying to determine my Forward Positional Keeper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Trying to determine my Forward Positional Keeper

I have to keep 2 at each forward position and have 2 utility spots that I can use for anyone (including Defence and Goalie(only1)).

Please help me scupt my forward talent for a competative year NEXT year and into the future.

Pick 2 in each category of
    C - Tavares, Carter, Ribiero, Granlund
    L - Ovie, Hall, Ryan, Kunitz, Fleischmann, Kunitz
    R - Kessel, Voracek, Yakupov, Clowe (L/R)

2 Utility - to the 2nd place finishers (I likely won't use a Utility Spot on a 5th defender or 2nd Goalie given who I have).

Thanks all!

Dobber Sports Deity

C - Tavares, Carter, Ribiero, Granlund
    L - Ovie, Hall, Ryan, Kunitz, Fleischmann, Kunitz
    R - Kessel, Voracek, Yakupov, Clowe

Keepers:

C - Tavares, Granlund
    L - Hall, Ovechkin
    R - Kessel, Voracek

Utl - Ryan, Yakupov

It was a tough call at C. I dont like leaving a proven guy like Carter off, but the potential for Granlund is just too hard to pass up on a take a chance. Carter has pretty much turned into a 60-65pt guy and Granlund should be able to offer those type of numbers, only at a younger age.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agreed. With the relatively young age of your keepers, it makes sense to keep Granlund over Carter here

C - Tavares, Granlund
    L - Ovie, Hall,
    R - Kessel, Voracek,

U-Yakupov, Ryan,
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Pro

Mine would be pretty much the same...

C - Tavares, Granlund
    L - Ovie, Hall,
    R - Kessel, Voracek
    U - Ryan, Yakupov
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks All,

Given the entire look of my team in my signature, would it make sense to tryand upgrade at any 1 position by trying to parlay Carter and maybe Voracek a/o Kulikov/B. Smith into an upgrade at a position of weakness?

I think Voracek comes with high upside, but most of his value seems to be dependent on WHO HE PLAYS WITH. Carter has the ability to be a star in his own right, but questions of his Heart and Passion hurt his value.

Kulikov / B. Smith will be a tough decision for my final D spot. So If I could upgrade at any one position by packaging Kuli/Smith and Carter and Maybe Voracek...who's the upgrade over?

(Does that question make sense?)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

tavares, granlund, ovie, hall, kessel, voracek, ryan, yakupov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Havana are there teams in your league that could get better if they did a 1 for 2 trade with you - where you upgrade? If there is then yeah I would be having a chat with them about getting an upgrade at C. Failing that I wonder if Carter would gain you an early draft pick?

I think it would be tough to upgrade your forwards, they are pretty good for a 10 league where 8 forwards each are kept. I think I would keep Voracek over both Carter and Granlund. Coin toss for me between Carter and Granlund for the last slot. For near future production I think I would keep Carter - Granlund will be good but his upside isn't through the roof and he is a C which are easier to come by.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Havana are there teams in your league that could get better if they did a 1 for 2 trade with you - where you upgrade? If there is then yeah I would be having a chat with them about getting an upgrade at C. Failing that I wonder if Carter would gain you an early draft pick?

I think it would be tough to upgrade your forwards, they are pretty good for a 10 league where 8 forwards each are kept. I think I would keep Voracek over both Carter and Granlund. Coin toss for me between Carter and Granlund for the last slot. For near future production I think I would keep Carter - Granlund will be good but his upside isn't through the roof and he is a C which are easier to come by.
    Thanks Shoeless,

As for Centers I believe are available out there...the last place finisher from the past 2 years has
    B.Richards, Kesler and M.Koivu.
    I know for a fact that he's been shopping Kesler. I traded him Richards last year. If the stars align for Carter, I'm not sure either of these 3 is a substantial upgrade at C over Carter and/or Granlund.

Koivu's value may be at it's highest given his expected line mates...but then again, there's a chance Granlund finds himself on the Wing along side Koivu and Parrise. So I'd hate to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Kesler is far to great an injury concern for my liking.

and B.Richards...Perhaps.

Other than that...I could possibly target a Huberdeau (if Granlund was going back PLUS).

Some other upper Tier C's who may be available include: Duchene, Skinnner, Cammarleri, O'Reily,

Then Marginal C's should be available:Stastny, Lecavalier, Hodgson, Oshie, Roy, Zajac, Krejci, B.Schenn and Coutourier

But having done all this consideration, I'm not sure Ribeiro (who I own) won't possess even greater value than he has in the past few years considering his move to Washington and maybe higher than any of the C's I've listed as MARGINAL.

Tavares and one of Carter, Granlund or Ribeiro isn't too bad is it?

Or do any of the above stick out to you? (I have to be aware...not to get too young). I've finished 3rd, 4th and now 8th respectively in my league over the past 3 years. Seems the younger I got...the lower I've finished. I'm eager to return to top 3 status.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I think I would keep Voracek over both Carter and Granlund.
    For interest sake, Can I get you take on Voracek? What kind of player is he in his own right? Before you consider his potential line mates? THEN...what would Giroux and Hartnell do to boost his potential? I've heard so much on either side of the Fence with Voracek...It's left me wishy washy. Atleast with Carter...you kinda know what you get either on his own (in Columbus) or with Richards (in Philly and LA...albeit...LA a bit more defensive than Philly...but someone keeps forgetting to tell Kopi that!).

Interested in your take.

Dobber Sports Giant

C - Tavares, Granlund
    L - Ovie, Hall,
    R - Kessel, Voracek,

U-Yakupov, Ryan,

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pick 2 in each category of
    C - Tavares, Granlund
    L - Ovie, Hall
    R - Kessel, Voracek

2 Utility = Ryan, Yakupov
    That's how I'd do it I think.

edit: and in response to some of your later posts I do really like Ribeiro as well so if you can swing a deal where you keep him somehow I'm all for it.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???