Thread: Trade Help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Help

Cole

for

Zibanejad & Ryder

See signature for details. The main thing I hate to give up is Cole's hits. But I see both Cole and Ryder as guys who are primed to have a regression year.

Thoughts?
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Fall River's Finest
    C(3): Malkin, Kesler, Hanzal
    LW(3): Lucic, Perron, Chimera
    RW(3): Eberle, R. Smith, Doan
    F(3): Stafford (RW), Parenteau (RW), Eakin (C)
    D(6): S. Weber, Suter, Giordano, Yandle, Chara, Polak
    G(1): Miller [+ Niemi, Zatkoff]
    Bench: Filppula (C), Ferland (LW), Stalberg (LW), Weise (RW)

Prospects(10): Roy (C), Tambellini (C), Andreoff (LW), Jensen (LW), Sorensen (RW), Morin (RW), DeMelo (D), Berube (G), Campbell (G)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wonder if you have to drop someone to make the deal? That could be a factor. If not, then I like the deal, you get younger by loads with a very nice prospect in Zinbanejad and remain well covered at RW - I think Horton might well replace Cole adequately for you.

Dobber Sports Initiate

How did you rank in hits last year? With Lucic, Dubinsky, Bieksa, and Schenn on your roster, and Kassian on the way, probably not too badly right?

I agree that Cole and Ryder are both due for a regression, and at 34 I question how much longer Cole can keep throwing his body around. While Ryder is a downgrade in a number of categories, including hits and shots, he is two years younger, plays a safer style of hockey.

Zbad meanwhile looks to be a very solid prospect, and I would be excited about the chance to land him. He is fairly close to being NHL ready, and while you obviously have to be cautious about expecting him to hit the 80+ upside that is often attributed to him, he does seem to be a safe bet as a 60+ guy. Dobber mentions Plekanec as a comparable for his 3-year projection in the Prospects Report.

But who do you drop for Zbad? 2 for 1 is actually 2 for 2, as it forces you to dump somebody. Your current four farm guys are quality prospects, and while I would rather have Zbad than Atkinson and possibly Nyqvist, I am not sure the upgrade there would be big enough to justify the downgrade from Ryder to Cole. I suppose you could lose Booth, and hope one of your prospects can step up and replace him.

So yeah...I am undecided. If you are desperate to win this year, don't do it, simply because you are downgrading a starter, and introducing a question mark by trying to plug a rookie in to replace whomever you drop. If you look at your team as a work in progress, and would like to add a nice piece, then go for it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Cole and Ryder are a wash to me, and with Horton on the bench as well as some other players I'm unsure you really "need" either of them. So it's like getting Zibanejad for free..... Sounds like a good deal!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Taking Zibanejad would mean me either dropping a minor guy and placing zibanejad on the minor team, or me putting a minor guy on the roster and dropping someone else.

There is no rule against keeping an extra minor guy on the main roster, but obviously that would take up the spot of a player who could be potentially putting up points for me.

If I had to get rid of a minor leaguer I would probably drop Atkinson.
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Fall River's Finest

Prospects(10): Roy (C), Tambellini (C), Andreoff (LW), Jensen (LW), Sorensen (RW), Morin (RW), DeMelo (D), Berube (G), Campbell (G)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fortunately all of your minor league guys are both good, and according to the general consensus, pretty close to being NHL ready, so there is a good chance one of them could move up to your main roster and not be a total liability. While there are no guarantees, any one of Atkinson, Nyquist or Kreider could have a decent shot at out-performing Booth this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I see you have weekly lineups - Stuart probably is not going to start very often for you, I would do the deal and dump him and promote Kreider maybe and slot Zinbanejad on the farm.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I see you have weekly lineups - Stuart probably is not going to start very often for you, I would do the deal and dump him and promote Kreider maybe and slot Zinbanejad on the farm.
    He starts 6D per week though, and only owns 7, including Stuart. Perhaps the waiver wire holds some viable options in terms of injury replacements, but otherwise I would be reluctant to drop the only insurance policy at the D position.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    He starts 6D per week though, and only owns 7, including Stuart. Perhaps the waiver wire holds some viable options in terms of injury replacements, but otherwise I would be reluctant to drop the only insurance policy at the D position.
    Stuart gets lots of hits, BS but I bet a lot of similar dmen out on FA list.

Just pick one up when you need one and after the seasons starts you can figure out which forward to drop.

ADDENDUM : just realized I am in your league. Forget any advice I gave you Mr.Wall.

P.s. should get ppl on forum to work out a fair D for C trade for us. Not interested in O'Reilly again.
    Last edited by cdubb; November 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah we should, feel free to post up my roster if you want

Fall River's Finest

Dobber Sports Demi-God

How many do you keep from one year to the next?

Dobber Sports Ace

It's a 12 keeper + 3 farm league
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    It's a 12 keeper + 3 farm league
    Hmmm only 3 kept on the farm, huh? Well I want to go back and look at this again then.

Center: Tavares, Spezza, Toews, Kesler
    Left Wing: Lucic, Lupul, Dupuis, Dubinsky
    Right Wing: Gaborik, Kessel, Cole, Vrbata
    Defence: Bieksa, Quincey, Timonen Coburn, Schenn, Souray
    Goalie: Price, Lehtonen
    Bench: O'Reilly(C), Booth(LW), Cammalleri(C,LW), Horton(RW), M. Stuart(D), Anderson(G)
    Minors: Kreider(C,LW), Kassian(RW), Nyquist(C), Atkinson(RW)

I don't think Cole or Ryder are keepers so really it comes down to whether Zinbanejad is a worthwhile upgrade for the farm team. I'm not sure he is. You are already top heavy at C for one thing.

Having a hard time seeing how this deal really does anything for you in the short term or the longer term.
    Last edited by Shoeless; November 12, 2012 at 4:43 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hmmm only 3 kept on the farm, huh? Well I want to go back and look at this again then.

Center: Tavares, Spezza, Toews, Kesler
    Left Wing: Lucic, Lupul, Dupuis, Dubinsky
    Right Wing: Gaborik, Kessel, Cole, Vrbata
    Defence: Bieksa, Quincey, Timonen Coburn, Schenn, Souray
    Goalie: Price, Lehtonen
    Bench: O'Reilly(C), Booth(LW), Cammalleri(C,LW), Horton(RW), M. Stuart(D), Anderson(G)
    Minors: Kreider(C,LW), Kassian(RW), Nyquist(C), Atkinson(RW).
    Is their a way to make a fair C for D trade between our 2 teams? Any suggestions appreciated

2nd team in my signature. Not too interested in trading Letang, but would possibly consider the others (Chara, Buff, Suter, Green, Yandle).

TWALL and I had discussions earlier but couldn't agree on a deal.
    Last edited by cdubb; November 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting Shoeless, that you would take Horton as a keep over Lupul. I too am really high on Horton (doesn't seem like many people are), but Lupul's offensive numbers are fairly impressive too.

Fall River's Finest