Thread: How good will Kyrie Irving be?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default How good will Kyrie Irving be?

He's putting up a pretty impressive statline right now and my assumption is he has the skill to become Chris Paul/Derek Rose-esque in a short while. Anyone else see this?

Would you trade Al Horford and Batum for him?

This league is only 10 teams, keep 5.
    Right now my keepers are:
    Durant
    Lowry
    Wall
    Horford
    Batum

Other notables:
    Noah
    Varejao

Also worth noting that I'm in 1st place so there's no real eagerness to make a drastic trade. But having Kyrie as a Keeper seems like a smart move.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ninja

Was watching NBATV last night for a bit and they were talking about Irving and from what they were saying it sounds like you're probably right...apparently he's a good leader who leads by example..getting in the gym early, working out, setting an example for the rest of his team. The only problem is that he doesn't have a whole lot in the way of support on his team. The Cavaliers are pretty bad and will only get worse if they decide to deal Varejao which is a legit possibility given his value and I believe expiring contract.

As for the deal you have on the table, I'm not so sure given my inexperience in basketball leagues. You're def getting the best player in the deal IMO which is obviously great in a limited keeper..especially in a shallow 10 team league there are probably decent guys left on the wire that will get close to 30 minutes a game. The issue I have is Batum and Horford get a different set of stats than Irving will, so I'm not sure if this is a good or bad trade for you lol. Value wise I'd say it's great...short-term win-now wise I'm not so sure. Hopefully someone else can provide some opinions.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    He's putting up a pretty impressive statline right now and my assumption is he has the skill to become Chris Paul/Derek Rose-esque in a short while. Anyone else see this?

Would you trade Al Horford and Batum for him?

This league is only 10 teams, keep 5.
    Right now my keepers are:
    Durant
    Lowry
    Wall
    Horford
    Batum

Other notables:
    Noah
    Varejao

Also worth noting that I'm in 1st place so there's no real eagerness to make a drastic trade. But having Kyrie as a Keeper seems like a smart move.
    Dude is elite. Before too long, he'll be in a top 10 player with the Durant, James, Paul, Griffin, etc. Hell yeah, i'd trade those two for him. Do what you need to do to get him!!!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury