Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Couture for Schenn + 1st rounder??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Couture for Schenn + 1st rounder??

Team in sig.

I've been offered the following trade:

My Couture for his B. Schenn plus his 1st round pick (which is 8th overall).

We are currently drafting and are in the middle of the first round. So, this pick would be the one after the next.

The forwards I could potentially take with this pick are:

Nyquist
    Schwartz
    Coyle
    Silfverberg
    Galchenyuk
    Grigorenko
    Bjugstad

As you can see below, I need help at wing and it looks as if Schenn will be playing LW when hockey resumes.

Should I take this trade?
    Last edited by Wrist_Shot; November 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd hang on to Couture. next face of the sharks, tons of shots, PPP, lots of ice time.
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, I'd hold off as well. Couture is about to become a stud imo. Schenn and say Blugstad will help you out in a few years, but this would hurt you for at least 2 years. If you could get a top 5 stud out of it, like Granlund or Huberdeau maybe, I'd consider it a little more seriously.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd take Schenn and the pick. That is a solid crop to choose from and I think Schenn and Couture have around the same offensive ceiling while Schenn will help in hits.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MJFP View Post
    I'd hang on to Couture. next face of the sharks, tons of shots, PPP, lots of ice time.
    That's what I've been telling myself. But, I can't help but think that Schenn on the wing will have a much better chance of success in PHI than at center. Dobber indicated this in the guide and Schenn has been producing well in the AHL this season.

His injuries last season are certainly a concern too though...
    Last edited by Wrist_Shot; November 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Don't take that trade, Coture is money. The other side is all potential and conjecture.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Filadelphia View Post
    I'd take Schenn and the pick. That is a solid crop to choose from and I think Schenn and Couture have around the same offensive ceiling while Schenn will help in hits.
    Second that

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Wrist_Shot View Post
    Team in sig.

I've been offered the following trade:

My Couture for his B. Schenn plus his 1st round pick (which is 8th overall).

We are currently drafting and are in the middle of the first round. So, this pick would be the one after the next.

The forwards I could potentially take with this pick are:

Nyquist
    Schwartz
    Coyle
    Silfverberg
    Galchenyuk
    Grigorenko
    Bjugstad

As you can see below, I need help at wing and it looks as if Schenn will be playing LW when hockey resumes.

Should I take this trade?
    I'd pass, Couture's upside is far superior to Schenn's.

I just see him as the better player going forward. I always say to people when they're debating a trade offer they received "there's a reason you're being offered this trade." If there wasn't a reason, he wouldn't be offering it to you.

I wrote an article on Couture that you may be interested in here
    Last edited by dmvincent; November 15, 2012 at 6:00 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Filadelphia View Post
    Well there's no hits as a category in OP's league so that's doesn't matter. If it were a category, I'd agree with going with Schenn+pick but since there's no hits, I'd easily go with Couture.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd take Schenn and the pick, but it also sort of depends where you think your team is at.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd would keep Couture.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

As you can see by the opposing views so far this is definitely a legit offer. I personally take the deal but ONLY if I know I can get Schwartz or Galychenyuk with that 8th overall. I believe that Schenn and Couture has similar upside in terms of their career but I prefer Couture right now as he's clearly the top dog going forward in SJ and the face of the franchise and while I feel Schenn will eventually be that guy in PHI (aside from Giroux of course) he's not there yet and will likely see limited PP and even top 6 minutes...so your production over the next year or two will hurt.

However I take the deal because looking at your team I don't think it's ready for a "title push" so stacking your cupboard full of good young up-and-comers is the way to go IMO. I love Schwartz/Galy as future studs (hell they may even better than Couture/Schenn over their careers)...so for that reason I like this deal for your team. While the other prospects mentioned are nice it's not enough to give up the sure production of Couture.

The other thing I'd add is before committing to this deal maybe just say that you're interested but not sure yet and feel him out on you giving up M. Richards over Couture. I like Couture more than Richards and feel he's a better fit on your team than Richards is...if the other guy like Richards as a wash to Couture (many would consider this) than it could work out for both sides...at the very least it's something to consider.

Good luck!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    As you can see by the opposing views so far this is definitely a legit offer. I personally take the deal but ONLY if I know I can get Schwartz or Galychenyuk with that 8th overall. I believe that Schenn and Couture has similar upside in terms of their career but I prefer Couture right now as he's clearly the top dog going forward in SJ and the face of the franchise and while I feel Schenn will eventually be that guy in PHI (aside from Giroux of course) he's not there yet and will likely see limited PP and even top 6 minutes...so your production over the next year or two will hurt.

However I take the deal because looking at your team I don't think it's ready for a "title push" so stacking your cupboard full of good young up-and-comers is the way to go IMO. I love Schwartz/Galy as future studs (hell they may even better than Couture/Schenn over their careers)...so for that reason I like this deal for your team. While the other prospects mentioned are nice it's not enough to give up the sure production of Couture.

The other thing I'd add is before committing to this deal maybe just say that you're interested but not sure yet and feel him out on you giving up M. Richards over Couture. I like Couture more than Richards and feel he's a better fit on your team than Richards is...if the other guy like Richards as a wash to Couture (many would consider this) than it could work out for both sides...at the very least it's something to consider.

Good luck!
    I like this line of thinking. Weiss is your only skater that is over the age of 26, and your team has too many question marks to compete in the short term. I think it's important to note that although Schenn has had injury woes, Couture has never been the most durable player either. I would seriously consider this trade and then I would actually try to trade down a bit (say the 8th ov + 4th rd for two high 2nd rounders or some such) and stock the cupboards with say coyle and nyquist who would hopefully still be available there. I believe in proven over prospect, but all the players you have listed have very legit shots to become top6 producers, and they fit the timeline I see your team needing to become a contender.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Stud

As a Couture owner, I seriously look at this deal. If you could guarentee me Schenn and a Galchenyuk/Grigorenko type, I would probably do it.

I like Couture, but I think Schenn has as much or more fantasy value in a straight points league. Throw on top a player that can potentially out produce both, count me in. I would just need to wait another three years before they produce enough for me to gloat about the trade.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd rather keep Couture.