Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Will Duchene ever get traded?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Will Duchene ever get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lol.

Fitting handle.
    Priceless.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Sophomore

and Patrick Roy quit on his teammates in Montreal after getting embarrassed. I don't see Duchene quitting, he's being professional, in camp. Not demanding a trade, not quitting on his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbury View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inuxOB0U0E0

Duchene is a loser and that's why no teams want him. He's as selfish as they can come. If this link works properly, its Patrick Roy ripping into him for celebrating like he's never scored before, and they are losing 4-0. This is who he is, and you don't win with guys like him.

I'm a huge Avs fan, and would love to see him dealt for just about anything.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Legend View Post
    and Patrick Roy quit on his teammates in Montreal after getting embarrassed. I don't see Duchene quitting, he's being professional, in camp. Not demanding a trade, not quitting on his teammates.
    And refused to go the Olympics because they wouldn't promise him he would be the starter, and quit on the Avalanche 2 weeks before the season starts lol

Dobber Sports Monster

I think he will eventually get moved to Ottawa. Sakic will have and you'd expect come to reality that Duchene isn't going to bring him the haul that the Avs believe he should get bringing in. For Duchene I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    What do you define as "dominant"? To me, I think it implies a level of excellence likely found from maybe from 10 or perhaps at most 20 players in the NHL at any given time. Duchene will not be a dominant player.
    Admittedly, I watch a limited amount of Avalanche games and using the word 'dominant' may be too strong... but I still think he can be just under a point-per-game player. Like I said, he has game-breaking speed - it stands out from many peers.

Hopefully we get to see soon!

7 Teams, points only, roster 30 w/ up to 4 'prospect' spots, keep 12
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 2 Teams - G/A/GWG = 1 pt., Hat Trick = 5 pts.
    Teams - Win = 2 pts., Loss = -1 pt., SO = 5 pts.
    Up to 3 waiver pickups/yr. (2 remaining)

F: Matthews, Marner, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Pastrnak, Gaudreau, Panarin, Mantha, Schenn, Schwartz, Lindholm, Arvidsson, Johnsson, Connor, Svechnikov, Miller
    (P) J. Hughes, Lafreniere
    D:
    Burns, Pietrangelo, Klefbom, Trouba, OEL, Gustafsson, Schultz, Gostisbehere
    (P) Theodore
    T: Vegas, Colorado, Calgary

Dobber Sports Titan

I found it funny how Roy commented on over-celebrating.

Still think it takes Sakic to be fired, then the new GM trade Duchene at the first “big deadline”. Aka, trade deadline, draft day, before camp 2018. Still don’t think he’s going anywhere until Sakic is gone.

Ottawa was far off on trade talks. If 20 teams are far off, and 9 teams don’t even offer you anything, maybe the issue is with the asking price Sakic….gawd.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I found it funny how Roy commented on over-celebrating.

Still think it takes Sakic to be fired, then the new GM trade Duchene at the first “big deadline”. Aka, trade deadline, draft day, before camp 2018. Still don’t think he’s going anywhere until Sakic is gone.

Ottawa was far off on trade talks. If 20 teams are far off, and 9 teams don’t even offer you anything, maybe the issue is with the asking price Sakic….gawd.
    The "rumoured" asking Price this morning was Ceci & Chabot. Remember they asked for one of Nashville's top 4 plus more, and Hamonic plus more from the Islanders. The worst GM in the NHL is massively overvaluing his asset.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The "rumoured" asking Price this morning was Ceci & Chabot. Remember they asked for one of Nashville's top 4 plus more, and Hamonic plus more from the Islanders. The worst GM in the NHL is massively overvaluing his asset.
    I was saying it sarcastically towards Sakic. Like, he's asking the same value from everyone but doesn't understand what he has.

it's like he's holding a beat up $5 bill and asking everyone for a crisp $5 bill, and 8 shiny quarters. When will he understand
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

It's almost October and camp is almost over. Anyone watched the Avs this pre-season and have coments on his play? This is becoming ridiculous. I still can't believe Sakic didn't take the Isle's offer. That was a very good offer I thought.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    It's almost October and camp is almost over. Anyone watched the Avs this pre-season and have coments on his play? This is becoming ridiculous. I still can't believe Sakic didn't take the Isle's offer. That was a very good offer I thought.
    Haven't seen a game. But he has one goal in three games, although he's mostly playing with Yakupov and Kerfoot. No idea on how well he's been playing.

This is from a Q&A with the sports guy at the Denver Post.

Has Duchene’s attitude improved since he’s come to the realization that he will be an Avs player on Opening Night? Is there any team chemistry, with him involved with that chemistry?

Mike: I covered some of this already… But Duchene chats it up with teammates in the locker room — he just doesn’t hang out like he used to. Duchene enjoys talking about hockey, about his game, and I’m sure he misses those conversations. I’ve spoken to him twice on the record, and a time or two off. I expect him to update his feelings next week.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Haven't seen a game. But he has one goal in three games, although he's mostly playing with Yakupov and Kerfoot. No idea on how well he's been playing.

Thanks very much for the info. Very interesting situation...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

I know its only exhibition, but yeah, that'll help lift his value.

Dobber Sports Wizard

OK, let's be realistic for a moment and assume Sakic won't get anything close to what he's asking for and let's assume his best options are Kyle Turris from Ottawa or Alex Galchenyuk from Montreal. (Both teams would probably add a little something but those guys would definitely be the main pieces in either deal.)

We know Turris could definitely handle the #2C role in Colorado, maybe allowing MacKinnon to get loose a little bit against weaker opponents while Turris would handle the tough match-ups. I think that would be a safe option but wouldn't offer much upside. Of course Sakic would need to discuss a contract extension with Turris first before any trade but let's assume Turris wants to sign a long-term contract with Colorado for some reason.

We don't know if Galchenyuk could handle the #2C role. They would probably try him there but we don't know how well it would go. But they do have Tyson Jost coming up, so maybe they would be willing to take that risk. Galchenyuk is 5 years younger than Turris, though.

Without knowing anything about the other parts that could be included, which player would interest you more in a Duchene trade? And are we sure both Ottawa and Montreal would do the deal as well?

I would love to see a line of Pacioretty-Duchene-Drouin, it could be a great line for Habs.

Dobber Sports Guru

I thought Colorado wanted a defenseman, not a center.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

I would love to see a line of Pacioretty-Duchene-Drouin, it could be a great line for Habs.
    Funny, I happened to be thinking the same thing yesterday. Of all the teams Duchene could land on this one makes the most sense to me right now for all parties involved.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen