Poll: Capitals or Penguins

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Metropolitan Division Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Alzner isn't a whole lot faster.

I think the game was pretty even or a slight edge to Pittsburgh, chance wise until they scored their second goal. Then they went into a shell, which almost never works but this time it did.
    No Alzner isn't faster? Well Trotz likes Alzner better based on the # of minutes each played on average in regular season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    No Alzner isn't faster? Well Trotz likes Alzner better based on the # of minutes each played on average in regular season.
    Alzner is an overall better player than 36 year old Brooks Orpik. Please point out where I said otherwise. You said his style of game fits the Penguins better, while Orpik fits a team like the Ducks better. Alzner and Orpik both play the same style of game. Both of them fit playing a team like the Ducks better, not the Penguins. Alzner does not skate noticeably faster than Orpik. That was the end of the statement.

Alzner is an overall better player than 36 year old Brooks Orpik. Please point out where I said otherwise. You said his style of game fits the Penguins better, while Orpik fits a team like the Ducks better. Alzner and Orpik both play the same style of game. Both of them fit playing a team like the Ducks better, not the Penguins. Alzner does not skate noticeably faster than Orpik. That was the end of the statement.
    My original comment actually never said anything about Alzner being faster than Orpik. My comment said Orpik is made more for a series with Anaheim, who is bigger and an older guy like Orpik will not look as out of place.

Alzner's overall better game will allow for him to play better against Pitts then Orpik. and that is not based just on foot speed. I never brought up foot speed at all.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My original comment actually never said anything about Alzner being faster than Orpik. My comment said Orpik is made more for a series with Anaheim, who is bigger and an older guy like Orpik will not look as out of place.

Alzner's overall better game will allow for him to play better against Pitts then Orpik. and that is not based just on foot speed. I never brought up foot speed at all.
    Correct, I did, because Alzner is slow, like Orpik, which means his game is not all that better suited for Pittsburgh. It's a bad matchup for both of them. Although you certainly implied footspeed by mention Anaheim over Pittsburgh.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Orpik at fault again. Garbage!

Correct, I did, because Alzner is slow, like Orpik, which means his game is not all that better suited for Pittsburgh. It's a bad matchup for both of them. Although you certainly implied footspeed by mention Anaheim over Pittsburgh.
    Well sorry that It seem like I implied footspeed. I was meaning to imply that Anaheim has big gritty forwards and that is Orpik's game. Not the skill fame that Pittsburgh portrays.

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't understand why the 2 teams with the most points over all are facing each other in the 2nd round. Ridiculous that the Washington (118 pts) isn't playing Ottawa (98) and Pittsburgh (111 pts) isn't playing New York (102 Pts). Neither Ottawa or New York won their division.
    I heard this suggestion on Prime Time supports and its based on some European League... The first place team gets to pick its first round opponent. Then 2nd place team, then third place team and so forth. Wow. that would really shake things up.

What if Chicago picked Nashville then got swept.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I heard this suggestion on Prime Time supports and its based on some European League... The first place team gets to pick its first round opponent. Then 2nd place team, then third place team and so forth. Wow. that would really shake things up.

Anything, even that, is better than what they have in place right now. The NHL has made its share of dumb decisions and this one is definitely one of the worst.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Interesting! The NHL would never go for that though out of fear of hurting the image of the franchises. What happens when Pittsburgh chooses CBJ and then demolishes them....CBJ becomes even more of a joke in everyone's eyes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Interesting! The NHL would never go for that though out of fear of hurting the image of the franchises. What happens when Pittsburgh chooses CBJ and then demolishes them....CBJ becomes even more of a joke in everyone's eyes.
    That was my thought as well. I don't mind the current setup and enjoy the divisional rivalries, even if it sometimes ends up being earlier than you would like.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd rather they just do re-seeding after every round, highest team always plays the lowest team. In this scenario round 1 East:

WSH/TOR - same
    MTL/NYR - same
    PIT/BOS
    CLB/OTT

Assuming same winners:

WSH/NYR
    PIT/OTT

Then we get the anticipated WSH/PIT conference final, the winner going to the stanley cup. Makes more sense to me to have the best teams meet in the 3rd round, not the teams that had the easiest path because of the stupid new format.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I'd rather they just do re-seeding after every round, highest team always plays the lowest team. In this scenario round 1 East:

WSH/TOR - same
    MTL/NYR - same
    PIT/BOS
    CLB/OTT

Assuming same winners:

WSH/NYR
    PIT/OTT

Then we get the anticipated WSH/PIT conference final, the winner going to the stanley cup. Makes more sense to me to have the best teams meet in the 3rd round, not the teams that had the easiest path because of the stupid new format.
    That just makes too much sense for the NHL.

Dobber Sports Sage

Anyone else wondering why Holtby was pulled to start the 3rd? They were still in the game only down 2 goals. Really strange call to me and you know Holtby give them the best chance win. I also think he saves that 4th goal which was a huge one (beat grubauer cleanly). Unless Holtby was injured I think that was a terrible call.

Pitts just looks like they know they can beat the caps and no one's going to change their mind.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree that replacing Holtby was a head-scratcher. The Caps were in front after two if it wasn't for Fleury and Washington's team effort was there.
    Trotz gambled to change the momentum of the game but Grubauer looked shaky at best.
    Holtby will be back for game 3 obviously, though some changes will be made for sure.

I thought that Washington was better prepared to beat the Pens after a tight first round, but Pittsburgh clearly has a psychological advantage.
    They bend but never break, and they never seem rattled on the ice. I guess that's what Stanley Cup experience will do to you.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Caps came out flying and dominated period 1. Just couldn't put one home...once Pittsburgh did it was almost like they thought here we go again.

Frigging MAF