Thread: Elliot on waivers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Elliot on waivers

Has Allen surpassed him on the depth chart? Will he get a chance to redeem himself and put up good #'s or is has he come back down to earth and just be an average back up. I have Fasth and Emery but have been employing the strategy of cycling in back ups as there are always at least 4-5 decent FA options for spot starts and i have 4 moves/week. Once Crawford is back i will probably drop emery unless it is looking like a possible split timeshare in chicago. So i guess would elliot be better to have than emery? I want to carry 3 goalies max
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    Has Allen surpassed him on the depth chart? Will he get a chance to redeem himself and put up good #'s or is has he come back down to earth and just be an average back up. I have Fasth and Emery but have been employing the strategy of cycling in back ups as there are always at least 4-5 decent FA options for spot starts and i have 4 moves/week. Once Crawford is back i will probably drop emery unless it is looking like a possible split timeshare in chicago. So i guess would elliot be better to have than emery? I want to carry 3 goalies max
    I feel like Emery and Fasth are this year's Elliott. Allen hasn't surpassed Elliott in the sense that with Halak healthy, Elliott is going to be the #2 still. Just expect him to get far fewer starts than previously projected. And if Halak has any more injury trouble, they know they can bring Allen up.

I think Elliott will bounce back a little, but I wouldn't take him over Emery until I start to see some indication of Elliott's game moving in a positive direction. If you have the room to pick him up & be patient it may not hurt to do so, but don't drop Emery for him. He could cost you a few weeks work of matchups in his current form.

He just became available in my league too, and I'm tempted to grab Khudobin or Gustavsson instead.