Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Strictly boxing, yeah McGregor is dinner. Why on earth would he agree to that? Would he even last a round? Oy

- - - Updated - - -

Strictly boxing, yeah McGregor is dinner. Why on earth would he agree to that? Would he even last a round? Oy
    If Mayweather sticks to the plan that got him to 49-0, then I think McGregor can go deep into the fight - solely on him sticking to counter punching and not attacking - McGregor is primarily a counter puncher too and I think he'll avoid being over aggressive.

McGregor can't fight like he did vs. Nick Diaz in the 1st fight and get gassed early - meaning don't over pursue.

He's got a punchers chance.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Connor shows up, gets his lights punched out for a couple minutes, pockets $30M.

Can't fault the guy for that... it's more money than he'd make in 2-3 years of UFC fights.

On top of that, I don't think he loses too much credibility or marketing power for losing to Mayweather in a boxing match.

He goes back to UFC an even bigger name and continues creaming it (or my bet is he goes to hollywood instead like the Rock).

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Connor shows up, gets his lights punched out for a couple minutes, pockets $30M.

Can't fault the guy for that... it's more money than he'd make in 2-3 years of UFC fights.

On top of that, I don't think he loses too much credibility or marketing power for losing to Mayweather in a boxing match.

He goes back to UFC an even bigger name and continues creaming it (or my bet is he goes to hollywood instead like the Rock).
    I've heard rumblings of WWE
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree on a lot of these statements if Mayweather loses which I highly doubt he will not only will his credibility be in question but the entire sport of boxing.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on a lot of these statements if Mayweather loses which I highly doubt he will not only will his credibility be in question but the entire sport of boxing.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Ninja

Mayweather's not gonna lose lol

That would be like Lebron James outskating McDavid in a speed competition

- - - Updated - - -

Mayweather's not gonna lose lol

That would be like Lebron James outskating McDavid in a speed competition

Dobber Sports Genius

That's why I think its ridiculous Blayze, I was looking for a proper way to compare it. The thing is I think if you really wanted to prove one over the other then it should MMA. A better comparison could be Connor McDavid entering into a speed skating competition with the top athletes of that sport. Skating is only one element of Hockey just like boxing is only one element of MMA. I am not a MMA fan or a boxing fan but IMO there are more elements and skill to MMA then boxing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I think its ridiculous Blayze, I was looking for a proper way to compare it. The thing is I think if you really wanted to prove one over the other then it should MMA. A better comparison could be Connor McDavid entering into a speed skating competition with the top athletes of that sport. Skating is only one element of Hockey just like boxing is only one element of MMA. I am not a MMA fan or a boxing fan but IMO there are more elements and skill to MMA then boxing.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Sage

Cash money for McGregor. It's all the guy cares about.

That said...

I'd love to see him come at Floyd with a flying knee to the head right off the hop and just knock him senseless. Forfeit the match. And go right back to the UFC for big money.

That would be legendary... and, for some reason, I wouldn't put it completely past the cocky Irishman. That would go down in the history books forever.

And we all want to see Floyd get KOd...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    I'd love to see him come at Floyd with a flying knee to the head right off the hop and just knock him senseless. Forfeit the match. And go right back to the UFC for big money.

That would be legendary...
    LOL I would pay big money to see that... it would be truly legendary.

Would also be a very smart move for McGregor... his popularity in the mainstream would go off the charts. Forget UFC, he'd go straight to hollywood after decapitating Mayweather.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Cash money for McGregor. It's all the guy cares about.

That said...

That would be legendary... and, for some reason, I wouldn't put it completely past the cocky Irishman. That would go down in the history books forever.

And we all want to see Floyd get KOd...
    Hehe, Mayweather would be ready for that... he's dirty too

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Honestly think this is a lot closer than anyone gives McGregor credit for. Sure he dont have the experience as a boxer only but mayweather is older, all he does is dodge and tuck his chin. McGregor isnt stupid he will come prepared like he always has for any bout he had in UFC besides Nate the first time. I'd be more shocked to see it go 12 rounds than to see Mayweather knocked out to be honest

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly think this is a lot closer than anyone gives McGregor credit for. Sure he dont have the experience as a boxer only but mayweather is older, all he does is dodge and tuck his chin. McGregor isnt stupid he will come prepared like he always has for any bout he had in UFC besides Nate the first time. I'd be more shocked to see it go 12 rounds than to see Mayweather knocked out to be honest
    H2H - Keep 3 players + 1 D - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    G - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - McDavid,Scheifele,
    RW -
    LW -
    D - Reilly
    G -

H2H - Keep 4 players + 1 D - 12 - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS
    G- W, SV%, GAA, SO
    C- Seguin
    RW-Kane,Marner
    LW-
    D- Hedman
    G- Vasilevskiey

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's strictly a boxing match. Mayweather would never agree to anything else. And at 38, Mayweather is still faster than McGregor
    Floyd will be turning 40 in 10 days. I think thats the 1 x-factor in Conor's favor. Father time is undefeated, Bernard Hopkins was the 1 exception to that rule but that ended horribly in his last fight. Floyd's taken a lot of time off as well.

I agree with you throughout thread, very little chance for Conor to win, but he has a chance. He will be completely fearless of Floyd's punches, hes much bigger, and he has nothing to lose. I love that this is happening, both sports need this to generate some mainstream hype.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tictactao View Post
    Which is all he needs to do. It's why McGregor won't get a good hit on him, which is why it will go 12 rounds, which is why he will win by decision. That's how Mayweather boxes. His experience is all he needs to be McGregor, because he knows how to win the decision every time. That's what he does. He won't knock out or "destroy" McGregor, because that's not his style. He'll play the long game and win. It's like a fantasy hockey question where it's "close", but every single person choses one side, because it's "close", but also not that close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Floyd will be turning 40 in 10 days. I think thats the 1 x-factor in Conor's favor. Father time is undefeated, Bernard Hopkins was the 1 exception to that rule but that ended horribly in his last fight. Floyd's taken a lot of time off as well.

I agree with you throughout thread, very little chance for Conor to win, but he has a chance. He will be completely fearless of Floyd's punches, hes much bigger, and he has nothing to lose. I love that this is happening, both sports need this to generate some mainstream hype.
    Tell that to Brady lol. Nothing matter's to Floyd more than his undefeated streak. If his speed was slipping, he wouldn't take the fight. He will quit before he takes a fight he might lose.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's not going to go 12 rounds lol... that would be an utter embarassment for Mayweather.

These are two completely different worlds. The strategies, training, nutrition, movement, timing, everything about it is different.

There have been tons of world ranked K1 boxers, pro boxers, olympic gold medallists in wrestling and judo, etc who have tried their hand at MMA and they all looked foolish. It won't be any different the other way around.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Tell that to Brady lol. Nothing matter's to Floyd more than his undefeated streak. If his speed was slipping, he wouldn't take the fight. He will quit before he takes a fight he might lose.
    True. Damn Brady. You usually dont realize you've lost that step in combat sports tho til you're in the ring getting tested. Might be a big factor, might be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's not going to go 12 rounds lol... that would be an utter embarassment for Mayweather.
    I cant see it going any other way, except Mayweather getting KO'd.
    Has Floyd finished a fight in the last decade besides that sucker punch on Victor Ortiz? Ricky Hatton? Thats a looong time ago and I think Hatton stunk.
    Its not like Conor is a complete novice either, he was an amateur boxing champion in Ireland before moving to MMA.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Biggest PPV ever? I know I'll be watching and cheering for McGregor. Never liked the counter-punchers who danced the whole fight. If I wanted to watch dancing, I'd go to the ballet. (yes, the real ballet)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket