Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why is everyone trading Tavares?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Why is everyone trading Tavares?

I'm battling for first place this year in a really tight race to the finish. I lost Johnny T and Zetterberg during the Olympics.

Clearly the offers are pouring in for JT. The best I got so far was for Duchene, who is a cheaper salary in my league. I'ts something I've been considering.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu85 View Post
    I'm battling for first place this year in a really tight race to the finish. I lost Johnny T and Zetterberg during the Olympics.

Clearly the offers are pouring in for JT. The best I got so far was for Duchene, who is a cheaper salary in my league. I'ts something I've been considering.
    Sounds like the other GMs are trying to low ball you and think you are desperate to trade him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I know when Tavares's injury was known, my cell nearly exploded with other GM's in my keeper league inquiring to what I wanted for him. I'm in the lead by a mere 2 points in the league, and just acquired Tavares this year from another GM. Ideally I would want to trade him for a stud to keep me in the running but I doubt it'll happen as there are only 22 games left, and the offers I have been getting are abysmal. (The best being Giroux, Eller, and a 2nd rounder which I rejected right away).

Not going to make the same mistake that I did last year when Karlsson went down and I moved him for Landeskog. I loved Landeskog, but had I kept Karlsson I would be way ahead in my pool.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Don't forget that he'll be more prone to reinjury in that knee just like Markov reinjured his a couple times. Either way there is always a risk. I'd much rather have a broken bone then 2 blown ligmainents in my knee.
    Didn't Malkin have the same injury? He seems to be doing fine.

Guy leading our league randomly sent me an offer of Duchene and Marchand for HIS Tavares, thought about that for about 2 seconds and hit accept. This morning he said he has traders remorse lol, I hope it works out for him. I missed the playoffs by one win, on to next year.

"Though the injury was a season-ender for Tavares, the fact that he will avoid surgery is a positive development. The report indicates that Tavares is looking at an 8-12 week rehab/recovery period, a timetable that should enable him to enter training camp in good health."
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by MJFP View Post
    Guy leading our league randomly sent me an offer of Duchene and Marchand for HIS Tavares, thought about that for about 2 seconds and hit accept. This morning he said he has traders remorse lol, I hope it works out for him. I missed the playoffs by one win, on to next year.

"Though the injury was a season-ender for Tavares, the fact that he will avoid surgery is a positive development. The report indicates that Tavares is looking at an 8-12 week rehab/recovery period, a timetable that should enable him to enter training camp in good health."
    That is a good trade on you're end for sure. Duchene has the potential to be a top 10 player, but Tavares is already top 5 so good on you.