Thread: Adam Almqvist

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Adam Almqvist

Does anyone have any info on this Detroit Dman? Upside? ETA? His hockey sense is supposed to be through the roof so I signed him to my farm last year and was wondering if he is worth hanging onto.

Thanks
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Immortal

I also hold him in a large keeper league and am just holding onto him until I see him get some time with the Griffins, which will be next season. He did play three games in North America at the end of this year so that is a good sign. With Smith likely on the Wings roster it should open an opportunity for him on the powerplay in GR.

Red Wings Central did a piece on him back in January. Here is the link and some notes.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/...-for-almqvist/

Adam Almqvist appears to have the talent for a sudden offensive explosion — but the Detroit Red Wings don’t feel he’s getting the ice time to reach his potential.
    “They have two real high-profile defensemen on that team (HV71) who they pay a lot more money to, so Adam, somehow, doesn’t get to step forward and do the stuff we feel he can do,”
    While he hasn’t blossomed offensively — aside from leading all SEL defensemen in playoff scoring in 2010 en route to a championship — he has made great strides defensively. He has a career plus-46 in his 119 SEL games, including a league-leading plus-20 last season.
    - he was plus-16 this season

“Just for the fact that he needs to be challenged more,” Andersson said. “If you put him in Grand Rapids, and say this is our power-play man, you can find out what he can do.”

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I also hold him in a large keeper league and am just holding onto him until I see him get some time with the Griffins, which will be next season. He did play three games in North America at the end of this year so that is a good sign. With Smith likely on the Wings roster it should open an opportunity for him on the powerplay in GR.

Red Wings Central did a piece on him back in January. Here is the link and some notes.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/...-for-almqvist/

- he was plus-16 this season

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I was leaning towards hanging onto him now I'll take the wait and see approach.

Rep coming your way!
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith