Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Q&A - May 7, 2012

I...am your father.

Default Hockey Q&A - May 7, 2012

Taking your fantasy hockey questions throughout the day. Also still taking any requests for username changes (go to this thread: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=133518)

Ask away!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Curious what you see for OEL and Yandle next season in Phoenix.

Is one moved? Does OEL keep emerging into a complete two-way stud. Does Yandle become more of an offensive spe******t.

And that is NOT me starring out the word "special ist"

Dobber Sports Guru

Dobber - pts only keeper - what are your thoughts on the following three guys for next season? What would you expect production wise?

Hanzal
    Glencross
    Frolik
    Last edited by wendelclark17; May 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Dobber,

1). Now that we've seen Kreider play are the doubts about his hockey IQ still valid? He definitely needs to work on balance and lower body strength, IMO he was knocked off his skates more than a few times in the games I've watched. I own him and feel like I definitely should hold onto him (FHLsim league).

2). HF has Ivan Telegin ranked a modest 6.5C. I was suprised to see that it hasn't changed since his draft year. In your opinion, what should he really be at? Given the season he had, and the high praise he's getting, do you see him making the Jets out of camp? if so, what kind of impact do you see in his first full year?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Curious what you see for OEL and Yandle next season in Phoenix.

Is one moved? Does OEL keep emerging into a complete two-way stud. Does Yandle become more of an offensive spe******t.

And that is NOT me starring out the word "special ist"
    Something will give here, but it won't be next year. Perhaps in 2013-14, but for now these two can co-exist. Both of them are potentially superstars, too good to be mere spe******ts. They can co-exist like Lidstrom and Rafalski were able to co-exist. but when Gormley and Rundblad come into their own, you'll see Yandle moved in a couple of years.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Dobber - pts only keeper - what are your thoughts on the following three guys for next season? What would you expect production wise?

Hanzal
    Glencross
    Frolik
    Hanzal and Glencross have their range pretty established, I would be shocked if they emerged any further. Maybe 50 for Hanzal, but his problem is health too, don't forget.

Frolik is a dropsy/undraftable in all formats - unless Chicago trades him. He can't thrive on this team. A Patrick Kane injury (or if Hossa continues to remain questionable) will change things, of course. But something has to give.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by CYiWON View Post
    Dobber,

1). Now that we've seen Kreider play are the doubts about his hockey IQ still valid? He definitely needs to work on balance and lower body strength, IMO he was knocked off his skates more than a few times in the games I've watched. I own him and feel like I definitely should hold onto him (FHLsim league).

2). HF has Ivan Telegin ranked a modest 6.5C. I was suprised to see that it hasn't changed since his draft year. In your opinion, what should he really be at? Given the season he had, and the high praise he's getting, do you see him making the Jets out of camp? if so, what kind of impact do you see in his first full year?
    1. I never had doubts about Kreider's IQ. But if you want a good template to go off of in terms of what to expect with his production, pull up Blake Wheeler and see his year-over-year progress. Same thing will happen.

2. He won't make the Jets out of camp, but that 6.5C needs an update (one reason why I launched dobberprospects.com - to give you something updated).

Dobber Sports Icon

Deep 30 team full dynasty, NHL cap hit, Nhl salary cap FHLsim league (assume player worth is the same as the actual NHL player). I have 4 of the first 31 picks (plus 8 other picks) in our 5 round draft. Where would you target the following players that are available over and above all of the 2012 draftees:

Matt Read
    Carl Hagelin
    Andrew Shaw
    Mark Stone
    Corey Conacher

Torey Krug
    Matt Donovan

Joe Cannata
    Keith Kincaid

Thank you for your site.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm surprised, I thought there would be more action with this. I'll ask another.

1). In your opinion, what are the best 4th liners in FHLsim leagues?

2). I have Emmerton/Geoffrion in my prospect pool and I'm curious what their upsides are?

Dobber Sports Novice

Michael Del Zotto or PK Subban.

H2H league: G, A, P, Special Team Points, +/-, Hits, Blocks, and SH-TOI.
    Full Dynasty League

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hi Dobber,

Curious about what you think of Penner going forward. I have him in a points only keeper. Should I be cutting bait?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Vokoun and Shaw

Hi Dobber,

I make a mistake... I ask my question on the wrong place... Sorry about that. I start again...

I have two questions for you if you don't mind.

First, where do you think Vokoun will land next year (and do you think he'll find a Nhl team)? My bet is probably Columbus or maybe Chicago if I'm lucky...

Second, What do you think of Andrew Shaw. Does he have the potential to become a points/pims producer like Ott and Clarkson ?

Thanks for your time...
    Last edited by haze_tech; May 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM.
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Next season the team in my sig is upping our goalies from 2 to 3...I have the second overall pick and there are a couple goalies who are FAs that are guaranteed to be there when we draft in the fall (not including all non-keepers that will be dropped). Elliott, Backstrom, and Holtby are the most notable guys available...with the keepers I already have being pretty evenly distributed, would it make sense to snag one of these guys unless a super good player is available (like Yakupov, etc)? I'm leaning towards Holtby but any extra insight is always appreciated! Thanks for doing this again!

Dobber Sports Guru

Dobber, one more if you are up for it .....

Where would you rank Silfverberg in a points only keeper compared to these 4players?

Kadri
    Nyquist
    Dalpe
    Niederreiter

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Deep 30 team full dynasty, NHL cap hit, Nhl salary cap FHLsim league (assume player worth is the same as the actual NHL player). I have 4 of the first 31 picks (plus 8 other picks) in our 5 round draft. Where would you target the following players that are available over and above all of the 2012 draftees:

Matt Read
    Carl Hagelin
    Andrew Shaw
    Mark Stone
    Corey Conacher

Torey Krug
    Matt Donovan

Joe Cannata
    Keith Kincaid

Thank you for your site.
    1. Matt Read
    4. Carl Hagelin
    6. Andrew Shaw
    3. Mark Stone
    2. Corey Conacher

5. Torey Krug
    Matt Donovan - keeping an eye on, but at this point I just see a Jack Hillen

Joe Cannata - not considering right now, I like Lack
    Keith Kincaid - not considering right now, I like Wedgewood