Thread: Ribeiro for Streit

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Ribeiro for Streit

I'm looking to replace some of Karlsson's production, and I don't have much need for Ribeiro. (already have Malkin/Staal/Bergeron/Briere at C) Ribeiro has been very productive though. Will Steit produce enough through the rest of the season to make this worthwhile?

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think streit this season is enough to be honest

45-50 point streit is one thing but i would want more production than he seems to have right now

i like the idea of one unsexy producer for another unsexy producer but one seems to have found his next level this season and the other might be getting old

names like yandle and carle are probably equally unsexy to ribs and likely to outproduce streit imo

i would still need a pick coming back though because in a keep 6 depending on league size ribs very likely becomes a keeper for someone while what you pick up isnt going to be for you anyway

Dobber Sports Ace

Interesting. I like Streit's potential upside, but maybe he won't turn it around this year..

Because most teams have 2 or 3 productive C already my trade partners for Ribs are a bit limited. This GM does have Carle also, but he doesn't seem to be seeing consistent PP time, so I'm a little wary. You think he'd be a better option?

Dobber Sports Star

I would try to get Carle before Streit this season even if his PPTOI isn't consistent so far.

Both might end up close in points by season's end though.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

when a guy is 35 its real tough to talk upside imo i think age might be catching up with him

not to mention hamonic and vis are decent offensive options for the team so while streit still seems to lead in pp time the other two arent horrible options either

carle may not be getting consistant pp time however he is still producing and i think will do so over streit

if you dont like him over streit i get that he was just a suggestion because i was trying to give you other unsexy but productive suggestions

i just feel like you are giving up a big piece in ribs and need to get something a little more that streit coming back if you are going to do it

who are some of the top guys on waivers btw

Dobber Sports Ace

Best WW options are Staal, Salo, Carlson, Bouwmeester, Corvo, Bogosian.

Dobber Sports Genius

I personally think Ribs for Streit is a good deal for you. You need the help on D, and I see it as a buy low, sell high. You're not keeping either one of these guys, so Streit's age shouldn't really factor. He just got Vis on his opposite point, and coupled with Tavares and Moulson, that's a tremendous powerplay that Streit will be cashing in on for the rest of the season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Best WW options are Staal, Salo, Carlson, Bouwmeester, Corvo, Bogosian.
    yeah nothing great a couple that likely can finish close to streit this season tough to tell which one though

again i just think that streit isnt enough for what you are giving up

when ribs was a 70 point forward and streit a 50 point defenseman maybe but now that both are heading in completely opposite directions i think you are giving up a ton here

at the end of the day though its your choice
    Last edited by lucifer316; February 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

I sent the trade offer, but now I read that Streit has been playing with a knee injury he suffered playing for the Swiss national team in November. Could explain the lackluster production. I wonder if I should retract the offer given this new development?
    Last edited by GretzkysMullet; February 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM.