Poll: Which of these RD's gets the most points this season?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which of these RD's gets the most points this season?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Which of these RD's gets the most points this season?

Points only, who do you like best? Vote now! Rank them from 1 to 4 if you want.

Dobber Sports Ninja

There is no poll posted!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    There is no poll posted!
    There is now, you were just too quick!

Dobber Sports Star

Pietrangelo for me.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pietrangelo hype on these boards is out of control. Not saying he shouldn't garner some votes but the fact there's 11 votes for him, and the next highest is 2, is ridiculous.

Let's take a look:

Dustin Byfuglien - Consecutive 53 point seasons, the most recent one being in 66 games (a 66 point pace over a full season).
    Drew Doughty - Career high of 59 points and just coming off a playoff series where he posted 16 points in 20 games (66 point pace over a full-season)
    Weber - Career high 53, averaged 48.5 points past two seasons.
    Pietrangelo - Career high 51 (last season).

Not saying Pietrangelo shouldn't garner some votes but looking purely at proven performance this should worst case scenario be a 2-man or 3-man race, not a homerun for the young guy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by onthebeach96 View Post
    Points only, who do you like best? Vote now! Rank them from 1 to 4 if you want.

Pietrangelo.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Banned

this grouping is obviously very close. these are 4 of the best fantasy d-men in the game. that said, i wouldn't hesitate in my decision to take pietrangelo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Pietrangelo hype on these boards is out of control. Not saying he shouldn't garner some votes but the fact there's 11 votes for him, and the next highest is 2, is ridiculous.

Let's take a look:

Dustin Byfuglien - Consecutive 53 point seasons, the most recent one being in 66 games (a 66 point pace over a full season).
    Drew Doughty - Career high of 59 points and just coming off a playoff series where he posted 16 points in 20 games (66 point pace over a full-season)
    Weber - Career high 53, averaged 48.5 points past two seasons.
    Pietrangelo - Career high 51 (last season).

Not saying Pietrangelo shouldn't garner some votes but looking purely at proven performance this should worst case scenario be a 2-man or 3-man race, not a homerun for the young guy.
    just becasue one guy gets more votes in a poll doesn't mean the grouping isn't tight. this group is extremely close.

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    just becasue one guy gets more votes in a poll doesn't mean the grouping isn't tight. this group is extremely close.
    By principle, if a grouping is tight the votes will be fairly evenly distributed. I'm not arguing with you that's it's not a tight grouping, but the voting shows that people perceive it differently.

It also supports the reoccuring mentality of many fantasy hockey people of potential > proven. Byfuglien has hit 53 twice and was on pace for 66 last year. Doughty has hit 59 and had amazing playoff stats. Pietrangelo is a stud and still has room to grow, but his career high is still 51 points. Logic dictates that if someone/something has already proven they can achieve something, that they're more likely to be able to achieve it again than someone/something that hasn't. Yet this thinking completely goes out the window at times it seems.

Banned

It also supports the reoccuring mentality of many fantasy hockey people of potential > proven. Byfuglien has hit 53 twice and was on pace for 66 last year. Doughty has hit 59 and had amazing playoff stats. Pietrangelo is a stud and still has room to grow, but his career high is still 51 points. Logic dictates that if someone/something has already proven they can achieve something, that they're more likely to be able to achieve it again than someone/something that hasn't. Yet this thinking completely goes out the window at times it seems.
    this seem misguided. sure doughty had 58 points, but he did it 3 years ago. his last 2 seasons have been very disappointing. pietrangelo has been on an upward trajectory during this same time frame and finshed the last 40 games of last season nearly on pace with the mighty karlsson and finished with 51 points. one guy's stats have been getting better while the other has been heading in the opposite direction. does logic really say that doughty is more likely than pietrangelo to have a better season next year. maybe i should draft phaneuf ahead of both of them - he had 60 points a few years back. so did gonchar - maybe he will be available still in the 4th round. this just seems like a funny place to pull the proven vs. potential card. i can see it in cases of highly touted rookies, but pietrangelo. come on. and for the record, i see these guys finishing within a couple points of each other moving forward. two of the best in the whole league.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going with Double D here... he's my bet to lead dmen in points this season.

this seem misguided. sure doughty had 58 points, but he did it 3 years ago. his last 2 seasons have been very disappointing. pietrangelo has been on an upward trajectory during this same time frame and finshed the last 40 games of last season nearly on pace with the mighty karlsson and finished with 51 points. one guy's stats have been getting better while the other has been heading in the opposite direction. does logic really say that doughty is more likely than pietrangelo to have a better season next year. maybe i should draft phaneuf ahead of both of them - he had 60 points a few years back. so did gonchar - maybe he will be available still in the 4th round. this just seems like a funny place to pull the proven vs. potential card. i can see it in cases of highly touted rookies, but pietrangelo. come on. and for the record, i see these guys finishing within a couple points of each other moving forward. two of the best in the whole league.
    Doughty proved he can play at that level again during playoffs though. Completely different. If you want to write it off as small sample size, that's fine, I won't even argue.

But what about byfuglien, who out pointed everyone on this list the past 2 years and had the 2nd best ppg among d-men last year?

Banned

no question in my mind that doughty, buff and AP are all capable of putting up 58 point seasons. all three could hit that pace this season. my point was just that AP isn't at the bottom of my list just becasue he hasn't done it before. tyler seguin has never scored 75 points before, but he has shown us enough to make that a plausible feat one day. AP has shown us enough to think 58 points is within his potential despite him not hitting the mark to date.

no question in my mind that doughty, buff and AP are all capable of putting up 58 point seasons. all three could hit that pace this season. my point was just that AP isn't at the bottom of my list just becasue he hasn't done it before. tyler seguin has never scored 75 points before, but he has shown us enough to make that a plausible feat one day. AP has shown us enough to think 58 points is within his potential despite him not hitting the mark to date.
    I think you're missing my point here IB - I'm not questioning your vote. You're the biggest AP homer on the planet and even you acknowledge that it's a neck and neck race between the three.

Yet the average dobberite (judging by the voting) seems to think AP is a clear step ahead of the pack despite the fact he's the least proven of the bunch. This supports my theory that a) potential is often valued over proven around here, b) that the AP hype is a bit much.

If the votes were AP (10), Doughty (7), Buff (6), Weber (1), I wouldn't have even bothered posting. But considering AP still has 55% of the vote, it's safe to say that (at least at this point) the voting is pretty irrational given the options available.

I think you're missing my point here IB - I'm not questioning your vote. You're the biggest AP homer on the planet and even you acknowledge that it's a neck and neck race between the three.

Yet the average dobberite (judging by the voting) seems to think AP is a clear step ahead of the pack despite the fact he's the least proven of the bunch. This supports my theory that a) potential is often valued over proven around here, b) that the AP hype is a bit much.

If the votes were AP (10), Doughty (7), Buff (6), Weber (1), I wouldn't have even bothered posting. But considering AP still has 55% of the vote, it's safe to say that (at least at this point) the voting is pretty irrational given the options available.
    Loving this debate you two, so glad I posted this! I agree that potential is highly valued here, vs proven numbers.