Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OEL for St.Louis

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default OEL for St.Louis

I've been offered St.Louis for my OEL. Thoughts? Position matters and he is a great RW'er.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    I've been offered St.Louis for my OEL. Thoughts? Position matters and he is a great RW'er.
    Suppose we need more info on league / roster criteria, BUT in a keeper league, I take OEL over St. Louis all day.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Suppose we need more info on league / roster criteria, BUT in a keeper league, I take OEL over St. Louis all day.
    Definately a keeper league. Most of league criteria is in my signature. OEL is on the verge of something big (just don't like his team very much). St.Louis is tempting (playing with Stamkos), but his age is a concern.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Monster

Definately a keeper league. Most of league criteria is in my signature. OEL is on the verge of something big (just don't like his team very much). St.Louis is tempting (playing with Stamkos), but his age is a concern.
    Keep OEL. You have the depth to not need St. Louis that badly at the risk of losing OEL.

Dobber Sports Giant

the only way i do that is if you think its the bump you need to win it this year. oel is only getting better and in a keeper he has more value imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    the only way i do that is if you think its the bump you need to win it this year. oel is only getting better and in a keeper he has more value imo.
    What if I was able to get the other guy to add Del Zotto along with St.Louis for OEL? Would that make it worth trading OEL?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Only way you do this deal is if you're in win mode now, don't think Del Zotto changes my position.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Only way you do this deal is if you're in win mode now, don't think Del Zotto changes my position.
    Win now, and later....I think my roster is young enough to compete now and for years. I just wanted one star on my RW. The best I have is Kessel, Stafford, Purcell and Voracek. We start 4 at every forward position, so having Tarasenko and Connolly as depth is not great.

Win now, and later....I think my roster is young enough to compete now and for years. I just wanted one star on my RW. The best I have is Kessel, Stafford, Purcell and Voracek. We start 4 at every forward position, so having Tarasenko and Connolly as depth is not great.
    I think you're gonna come back at the end of the year and absolutely love your RW position. I hate Kessel and would personally never have him on my team but he puts up decent numbers. Purcell and Voracek both put up over PPG numbers playing with the linemates they will have this year (Purcell with Stamkos and St. Louis, ~30 games with them at the end of the year, and Voracek with Giroux and Hartnell, ~20 games with Jagr injuries). Not that I think long term they will be over PPG players, but they will give you solid 65-75 point season pro-rated. Don't do the trade.

Dobber Sports Star

Not sure who you would drop, but I would snap up Del Zotto and St. Louis for OEL. Can anyone really say that OEL is THAT much better than Del Zotto that it warrants keeping him over both MDZ and MSL?? Especially in a points only league?

Not me. I think it is an easy accept, actually. Del Zotto put up 41 points last year and will probably hit 50, which I see as OEL's upside as well. St. Louis has a few solid season's left (see my recent thread about his keeper value) and as it is points only, he is even more valuable.

Really not sure what I am missing here - I would jump at MDZ and MSL 241 for OEL all day long. Hell, I would have to think long and hard about MDZ for OEL straight up, let alone adding in a PPG stud fwd. This moves helps you this year and I would be comfortable saying that MDZ is a good bet to match OEL in a points only for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by loco man; January 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Yea. Early morning, not really thinking straight. I agree with Loco's arguments completely. D position is too volatile to predict anyways. Take the deal if you get the 2-for-1, if you don't then I'm still on the fence. You don't need the RW really.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yea. Early morning, not really thinking straight. I agree with Loco's arguments completely. D position is too volatile to predict anyways. Take the deal if you get the 2-for-1, if you don't then I'm still on the fence. You don't need the RW really.
    I just countered with OEL and a 4th for MSL and MDZ. He also offered me his 7th overall pick and MSL for my 1st overall pick.

Is your draft next year going to mostly be just prospects? I'd rather give up OEL (the original deal) Than MacKinnon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I prefer St.Louis over OEL.
    I don't see MSL as being old. He's a little dynamo... lots left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I prefer St.Louis over OEL.
    I don't see MSL as being old. He's a little dynamo... lots left in the tank.
    We've gone to war over this before Pengwin. Lockout has changed my mind. I agree with you now. I think some guys the lockout will hurt their careers. With MSL, just gives him some real good recovery time. I think he Ray Whitney's his career and goes to 40. Stupid forums making my earlier comments look dumb. Take MSL. But not for MacKinnon. Give OEL a wave.