Thread: Jays speed?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jays speed?

I have visited for a game every year (at least) and watched our Sportsnet crew broadcast the team everyday...Don't miss too many. I love Buck M., and how can you not love Zuanny? Knows his shit

QUESTION - What is Gibs % stealing as a manager??? I've dug everywhere....

I see one of our top young MI, OF and a prospect going as a package, possibly for Upton?
    AA is going off, and making every east team shit themselves. I still think more move will be made for pitching, but more than likely a couple for a strong arm He is not done from what I hear.

I really liked our speed prior. The dark horse is Buehrle, he is so good as a captain/ I've read lots on him, if he will gel with management, love him....QUALITY starts. Can't wait. Lots to be excited over, lots.
    Last edited by bluejays; November 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM.

I...am your father.

Great question, curious about this as well. Lots of speed on this team now. Excited about the guy nobody's talking about - Bonifacio
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

I don't have all the numbers for the Jays under John Gibbons but I did crunch the numbers for the 2005, 2006 and 2007 seasons - the only three where Gibbons was manager all season. The Jays did not have much of a running team in any of those three seasons - Vernon Wells and Alex Rios were their speed guys.

2005 - 72 for 107 - 67%
    2006 - 65 for 98 - 66%
    2007 - 57 for 79 - 72%

As you can see, the Jays got less aggressive on the base paths each season under Gibbons, although I think that's more about personnel than anything. What's important is they never really got any more successful at running. I don't know if ~70% is a good success rate or not but hopefully that helps.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I just hope that Gibbons is able to recognize certain players strengths and play off those. Thats one of the responibilities of being a good Manager. Time will tell if Gibby is able to be that or just a mistake by AA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm loving the speed as well...we've got a pretty solid team that, for the most part, can run well. Lawrie (albeit he just needs to be more disciplined), Rasmus, Encarnacion..guys that can pick their spots and steal a bag here and there.

As for Buehrle, the most important thing is that he doesn't be a huge party pooper about coming north of the border. I love what he can bring as a pitcher but if he's gonna be a negative nancy the whole time then he can go f himself.

Dobber Sports Icon

Doesnt matter who manages that team. Guys like Reyes, Bonifacio, Davis(if hes around) all have the green light.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Doesnt matter who manages that team. Guys like Reyes, Bonifacio, Davis(if hes around) all have the green light.
    And don't forget one of the fastest guys in the league: Anthony Gose!! I guess he may not be a everyday player now, but will still see sometime I would think.. I also think Lawrie has some wheels, now if he was just a smart runner..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..