Thread: Beau Bennett or Nick Bonino?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Beau Bennett or Nick Bonino?

Looking to take a flyer on one of these guys. I have a won now team, so I'd mostly be interested in contributions for this season.

League stats in sig.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you are looking to take a flyer, I would be looking at Bonino. Everthing I have read (here and other reports) states that the 2nd line centre is his to lose. Bennett is still a work in progress. I think Bonino is closer and less of a risk at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
    Looking to take a flyer on one of these guys. I have a won now team, so I'd mostly be interested in contributions for this season.

League stats in sig.
    A flyer would be Bonino because it appears he is locked in as the second line center. Bennett is still trying out. Now, if he sticks, he'll be the far more productive player riding shotgun on Gino's line. I would scoop Bonino and monitor Bennett's situation - be ready to pounce.
    Last edited by One87; January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Bonino on this one.

He had a couple of good games last season w/ the Ducks. So, some sort of chemistry and familiarity there. Hopefully, a little confidence rubbed off from the Italian league to the NHL. If he sticks in 48 games, patrolling line 2/3..im guesstimating 10-15pts...max 20 if he's firing on all cylinders.

Im unsure if Bennett will stick with Tangradi, Jeffrey, Sutter in the mix for top 9 spots.
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the help....

I am now considering - do I drop Devante Smith-Pelley or Chimera (or both and grab both these guys?) I see these two roster spots as easily replaceable...kind of riding the hot hand unless I find a diamond in the rough...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks for the help....

I am now considering - do I drop Devante Smith-Pelley or Chimera (or both and grab both these guys?) I see these two roster spots as easily replaceable...kind of riding the hot hand unless I find a diamond in the rough...

You know... people don't discuss it enough, but if your league allows streaming (consistent day-in, day-out changes), then it is a smart move to commit your mind that a slot is just for that. There is a lot of value in just working-the-schedule for starts.

Anyways, I'd go with Bonino and drop DSP.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the help....

Bennett/DSP are diamond in the rough when the right opportunity comes along. But since your goal is depth for this season/ride the hot hand in particular...take a flyer on Bonino and Chimera (this veteran dude can potentially produce some pts with you know who)
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}