Page 109 of 244 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Ottawa has a great future no doubt. Yet, as with many up and coming teams they have a step back or 2 season before they begin to show greatness. I really feel this will be the case with Ottawa this season.
    I don't. They have a great future and present - they are no longer just an up and coming team. This team will finish Top 2 or 3 in the division.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Ottawa fans... I have a difficult time assessing Robin Lehner's potential.
    Does he have the upside to be a top 10 goaltender in this league?
    To which other goalie would you compare him in terms of development?
    I could pick him or Bernier on waivers, I'd like to keep a third goalie on my bench to give myself options for the playoffs and next season.
    Thanks!
    I personally don't think it's close between the two in the future, but Bernier for this season.

Lehner has the upside to be a Top 5 goalie, one of the game's elite ones. Has traits of many different goalies including Lundqvist. Lehner's dad coached him in Sweden. Lehner is a butterfly goalie primarily but he is very aggressive and will ditch the butterfly to stop the puck, any means necessary. He is just intense and has that it factor.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm for keeping things positive as I'm a big converted Sens fan, but.....they have NOT been very good on this trip. The quality of the teams they've faced has been top notch, but the trip itself has been anything but tough - more of a vacation. MLB playoff games at Dodger stadium, late practices, golf, and warm sunshine. A win Vs Phoenix would help salvage a rough start to the season, but that won't be an easy task either.

Good luck to the boys Vs the Desert Dogs!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Banned

No Sens team has ever been good on the Caifonia trip. It just so happens that this year the trip came at the 3 game mark as opposed to most years when it is mid-season.

California and Florida trips are the worst because of the climate and stuff to do.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I personally don't think it's close between the two in the future, but Bernier for this season.

Lehner has the upside to be a Top 5 goalie, one of the game's elite ones. Has traits of many different goalies including Lundqvist. Lehner's dad coached him in Sweden. Lehner is a butterfly goalie primarily but he is very aggressive and will ditch the butterfly to stop the puck, any means necessary. He is just intense and has that it factor.
    Thanks for the scouting report Big_Ev. Just realized though that Anderson has one more year to his contract. Lehner is gonna have to steal that job next season to become number 1.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Lehner is definitely ready, but that's about the only thing positive I can say about tonight. If it weren't for him, that game would have been much uglier.

Was Spezza even playing? I think I noticed him at the ceremonial face off. Brutal.
    There were unrealistic expectations on this team based on a shortened season last year. They are going to be quite good down the road but I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if they miss the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    There were unrealistic expectations on this team based on a shortened season last year. They are going to be quite good down the road but I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if they miss the playoffs.
    No, this team has been a playoff team for the last two seasons and they have an improved offense this year. Coupled with possibly the best goalie tandem in the league, expectations are not only playoffs but a playoff run. Most people would be surprised if they missed the playoffs and that would be considered a bad year.

Dobber Sports Icon

LOL did I expect anything less from Big Ev?

Id hazard to guess if Bernier was on the Sens and Lehner on Leafs it would be the opposite.

Banned

Id hazard to guess if Bernier was on the Sens and Lehner on Leafs it would be the opposite.
    Buddy, I suggest not posting in here if you're just going to stir up trouble. I would take Lehner over Bernier regardless of which teams they are on. Never been high on Bernier, even when he was on LA. He has not proven anything yet in the NHL.

It's taken Bernier 7 years to even sniff full-time action, if he even gets that this year. The only reason he is getting a ton of love right now is because he's in Toronto. Lehner is bigger, more aggressive, and is a proven winner. Lehner has already won a Calder Cup at the age of 20 and has been nothing but stellar when in the NHL. He is a 22 year old goaltender on the cusp of being a starter. Bernier is 25 and it's not even cemented that he's a starter yet. Lehner is a fighter in net, Bernier is more of a Carey Price and we've seen how he's done so far (when mentally not on his game).

I gave my personal opinion. I think Robin Lehner has the potential to be one of the game's best. We get it, Jonathan Bernier will win the Vezina because he is a Leaf. Heard the same stuff about James "The Real Deal" Reimer.

Bernier looks to be a good starter in his own right, but there is no question who I and many others would rather have in the future.
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Man, I've had Lehner on my farm for a couple years and with the cap crunch and with how much I like what the Sens are doing I made a move to add Anderson to my team this summer. Figured it gives me a good goalie duo for cheap, and I'd have Lehner ready to plug in when Anderson got hurt or a nice smooth transition when Lehner eventually takes over.

But dammit if Lehner keeps playing like this he's gonna start getting more starts this year which is gonna ruin me in a weekly lineup league.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

Buddy, I suggest not posting in here if you're just going to stir up trouble. I would take Lehner over Bernier regardless of which teams they are on. Never been high on Bernier, even when he was on LA. He has not proven anything yet in the NHL.

It's taken Bernier 7 years to even sniff full-time action, if he even gets that this year. The only reason he is getting a ton of love right now is because he's in Toronto. Lehner is bigger, more aggressive, and is a proven winner. Lehner has already won a Calder Cup at the age of 20 and has been nothing but stellar when in the NHL. He is a 22 year old goaltender on the cusp of being a starter. Bernier is 25 and it's not even cemented that he's a starter yet. Lehner is a fighter in net, Bernier is more of a Carey Price and we've seen how he's done so far (when mentally not on his game).

I gave my personal opinion. I think Robin Lehner has the potential to be one of the game's best. We get it, Jonathan Bernier will win the Vezina because he is a Leaf. Heard the same stuff about James "The Real Deal" Reimer.

Bernier looks to be a good starter in his own right, but there is no question who I and many others would rather have in the future.
    Not stirring up trouble and I never said Bernier would be better. I infact said Bernier would only be the better this season. So i don't look through Blue and White Lens. I see the full picture.
    So the only assumptions(that all Leaf fans think he is better or he and Reimer will win vezina. Or using the We get it....as if your opinion represents everyone else) and trouble are being started on your side.
    Last edited by sparrowtrini; October 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You are in the senators forum making a statement about the most knowledgeable poster in the section.

What did you expect if it wasn't what he responded with.....

The Great One

For my 2nd expansion team (which is absolutely brutal), I traded Perron and Kesler for Lehner. I, too, love his compete level and fiestiness.

Craig Anderson has been a rock for Ottawa, but with his great cap hit, I think Ottawa might have to consider trading him in the off season in order to maximize on their assets.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    You are in the senators forum making a statement about the most knowledgeable poster in the section.

What did you expect if it wasn't what he responded with.....
    now that last sentence makes sense. +1

Banned

Not stirring up trouble and I never said Bernier would be better. I infact said Bernier would only be the better this season. So i don't look through Blue and White Lens. I see the full picture.
    So the only assumptions(that all Leaf fans think he is better or he and Reimer will win vezina. Or using the We get it....as if your opinion represents everyone else) and trouble are being started on your side.
    No dude, I gave somebody else my opinion and you replied basically saying I wouldn't be saying this if I wasnt a sens fan. That's just stirring up trouble. What if I said to you that you be calling reimer better than bernier if he was still a king? Its just a dumb comment.