Thread: Fasth for Gologoski

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Fasth for Goligoski

Goligoski coming to my team...?

Good deal?
    Last edited by JimmyJames; February 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM.
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ya id do it. Fasth is hot right now and Gogo is not and thats why i do it. Gogo will come back he is just having a slow start, he is much better then he is playing right now. This is a good buy low move.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agreed. Good deal for you. Take it.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Icon

absolutely hit the accept button. Fasth is looking lke he might take the number one spot for the short term anyway. Goli should come around but take the hot goalie and maybe flip him for an upgrade in the d-man spot of you really need to.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks fellas.

The choice seems pretty one sided here. The deal is close to happening
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd wait to see how the injury with Hiller plays out, as to whether I'd trade Fasth for Goligoski. I don't think I'd move Fasth for Goligoski at this point, also looking at your bench, Fasth is a much better back up to own than either Ellis or Budaj. I'd keep Fasth especially if the Hiller injury turns out to be significant.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    absolutely hit the accept button. Fasth is looking lke he might take the number one spot for the short term anyway. Goli should come around but take the hot goalie and maybe flip him for an upgrade in the d-man spot of you really need to.
    ..uhh it looks like i didnt read your entire post (or something) but no this deal is not good right now..for the resaon i posted earlier...

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldnt trade a goalie for a Dman straight up. In every league I have ever been involved with, goalies tend to hold more value then skaters, especially one like Fasth who is playing so well lately. He should be able to net you a better return then Goligoski.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

I'd do the trade. You have Ward and Price, pretty nice combo. Meanwhile on D you have a decent keeper situation with Doughty, Carlson, Shattenkirk, J.Johnson but Goligoski fills that 5th spot nicely.

If and when Fasth returns to being a backup, which is a distinct possibility (especially given how Boudreau uses his goalies, going with the hot hand, and since Hiller tends to start slow and finish strong), you won't be able to get anything even close to Goligoski for him.

My view is, you've already got great strength at G, Fasth fell into your lap basically, turn that into something that is more of a surefire situation - Fasth, respectfully, does not represent to me a "surefire situation", Goligoski does, notwithstanding his slow start.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper