Thread: Fowler for Enstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Fowler for Enstrom

Just got an offer for my Enstrom and 2nd round, for his Fowler and 4th. He is the leader in our pool while I'm 2nd to last. The way Enstrom is playing this year could give him a big advantage on the rest of the pool.

This will be a rental for him as he already said he won't resign him. Fowler is cheap this year, but then goes to 4 mil till 2018. Could be a problem for him to resign him next year with all his other contracts due and the cap coming down.

Is this worth it? What is Fowler's upside? I see him as a stud dman, but with Getz and Perry going to UFA and Teemu retiring someday, he could lose some firepower upfront to help his points.
    Keeper Salary Cap 83.5 13 teams use AAV FOR SALARIES = 3c, 3rw, 3lw, 4d, 1g and 5 bench+ up to 7 farm. G-1,A-1,PIM-.1,+/-=.2, Blk -.1,Hit-.05 Goalies- W-2,GA=-1,SV-.1,SO-3

G- Hellebuyck, Saros
    LW- Barbanov, Bratt, Tolvanen
    RW- Rantanen, Draisaitl, Zuccarello
    C- W. Johnson, Jarvis, Rossi
    D- Petry, Heiskanen, Durzi, Gustafsson
    Bench- Greig, Benson,

Farm- Clarke, Edvinsson, Nazar, W.Smith

IR- Pelletier

Dobber Sports Guru

Just got the offer? Might have something to do with the injury Fowler may have sustained? Wait to see if he's hurt before doing anything.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Padawan

Enstrom > Fowler...

Fowler had one good year while Enstrom has been putting points up year after year.
    Hellfish Hockey League
    www.Hellfishhockey.ca

In The Crease
    www.inthecrease.ca

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Got the offer before Fowler got hurt. I wont resign Enstrom next year either, as he's to expensive. Just trying to shop him while he's hot.
    Keeper Salary Cap 83.5 13 teams use AAV FOR SALARIES = 3c, 3rw, 3lw, 4d, 1g and 5 bench+ up to 7 farm. G-1,A-1,PIM-.1,+/-=.2, Blk -.1,Hit-.05 Goalies- W-2,GA=-1,SV-.1,SO-3

G- Hellebuyck, Saros
    Bench- Greig, Benson,

IR- Pelletier

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pennies View Post
    Just got an offer for my Enstrom and 2nd round, for his Fowler and 4th. He is the leader in our pool while I'm 2nd to last. The way Enstrom is playing this year could give him a big advantage on the rest of the pool.

This will be a rental for him as he already said he won't resign him. Fowler is cheap this year, but then goes to 4 mil till 2018. Could be a problem for him to resign him next year with all his other contracts due and the cap coming down.

Is this worth it? What is Fowler's upside? I see him as a stud dman, but with Getz and Perry going to UFA and Teemu retiring someday, he could lose some firepower upfront to help his points.
    I think if you're giving up Enstrom, you should be getting back the higher pick. It makes no sense to give up the better player and the better pick, cap hit or no cap hit. Especially if it is going to help the other guy win the pool.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think if you're giving up Enstrom, you should be getting back the higher pick. It makes no sense to give up the better player and the better pick, cap hit or no cap hit. Especially if it is going to help the other guy win the pool.

I agree. Enstrom could help his team win it all, and your not sure if you would be protecting Fowler. You should be getting the better pick back.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would keeping Fowler.

G- Hellebuyck, Saros
    Bench- Greig, Benson,

IR- Pelletier

Dobber Sports Legend

Enstrom is a quiet killer. He gets no respect and scores at pretty much a 50+ point pace year after year. I like Fowler but there is ZERO chance I trade Enstrom for him with 6-7 stud years left.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka