Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft on Tuesday (rep)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Draft on Tuesday (rep)

Hey guys,
    Turns out I have the fifth overall pick coming up on our keeper league draft on Tuesday.
    TEAM IS IN SIG
    More than likely Galy, Yak, Grigorenko will be gone. Granlund was taken last draft, ditto with Baertschi.
    As you can tell by my team in the sig, my team is pretty stacked. I'm wondering where I should draft and who I should draft.

Gustav Nyquist has caught my eye, sounds like he'll be given first and second line minutes in Detroit
    Cam Atkinson, alot of people like, I can see myself drafting I just dont know what his upside is
    Brendan Smith: Gonna get lots of minutes in depleted Detroit lineup. Good for PIMS too
    Chris Kreider: From the sounds of it has oodles of upside, but there is a lot of people/wingers on the Rangers he'll have to fight for ice time
    Jakob Silfverberg: Don't know a hell of a lot about him other than the fact he lit up the swedish elite league last year and has a slow start in the A this year.
    Charlie Coyle: Lit up college and the Q, not doing too bad in the A

Those were some of the guys I was eyeing, if any of you have any solid ideas as to who I should take, please, I'm all ears (and a fat rep will be thrown your way!)

Dobber Sports Pro

I can't really fault a lot of those guys. If it were me, my top 3 would be...

Nyquist
    Smith
    Coyle

And they are in no particular order.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'm always a fan of taking those that are really close to making it. From your list, I like Kreider and Smith. If all those good forwards are gone, I'd also look at elite defense like Ryan Murray and Morgan Reilly.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I'm always a fan of taking those that are really close to making it. From your list, I like Kreider and Smith. If all those good forwards are gone, I'd also look at elite defense like Ryan Murray and Morgan Reilly.
    My thoughts too. I think I need someone who's close to making it, just to put me over the edge

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Turns out I have the fifth overall pick coming up on our keeper league draft on Tuesday.
    TEAM IS IN SIG
    More than likely Galy, Yak, Grigorenko will be gone. Granlund was taken last draft, ditto with Baertschi.
    As you can tell by my team in the sig, my team is pretty stacked. I'm wondering where I should draft and who I should draft.

Gustav Nyquist has caught my eye, sounds like he'll be given first and second line minutes in Detroit
    Cam Atkinson, alot of people like, I can see myself drafting I just dont know what his upside is
    Brendan Smith: Gonna get lots of minutes in depleted Detroit lineup. Good for PIMS too
    Chris Kreider: From the sounds of it has oodles of upside, but there is a lot of people/wingers on the Rangers he'll have to fight for ice time
    Jakob Silfverberg: Don't know a hell of a lot about him other than the fact he lit up the swedish elite league last year and has a slow start in the A this year.
    Charlie Coyle: Lit up college and the Q, not doing too bad in the A

Those were some of the guys I was eyeing, if any of you have any solid ideas as to who I should take, please, I'm all ears (and a fat rep will be thrown your way!)
    Well one of Bart or Grandlund IF available. If not, Nyquist (you can never have too many quality wingers) OR Smith would be my top two. Was going to say Shultz but you already own him. Reilly was a very good suggestion too. Are guys like Tarasenko and Faulk gone?? Good luck on tues.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Have you considered trading the pick? It seems like youre talking about a lot of prospect-type guys but if your team is stacked, shouldnt you be looking for somebody whos going to contribute this season? And a 5th overall pick is still pretty high so you might be able to squeeze value out of somebody. Just a thought.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Have you considered trading the pick? It seems like youre talking about a lot of prospect-type guys but if your team is stacked, shouldnt you be looking for somebody whos going to contribute this season? And a 5th overall pick is still pretty high so you might be able to squeeze value out of somebody. Just a thought.
    Yes I have let the league know I'm willing to deal the pick for center or goalie help.
    No one's really answering the bell.
    Yes Tarasenko is gone and Faulk isn't. Been thinking bout him too!

Can't thank you guys enough for the suggestions, I'll rep when they let me!
    If anyone has anybody else or wants to confirm other peoples thoughts please let me know!

The Great One

Nyquist
    Faulk
    Reilly

In no particular order.

With a team like that, it's nice to have a project prospect to look after and groom into your lineup.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Nyquist
    Faulk
    Reilly

In no particular order.

With a team like that, it's nice to have a project prospect to look after and groom into your lineup.
    Nyquist, Faulk, Smith, and Reilly would be my top 4 in order.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just out of curiousity, how come there isn't much love for Kreider? Because of his talent level or the amount of forwards NYR have?

The Great One

I've personally never thought he would be a big time scorer.

I think his playoff performance did wonders to increase his value in fantasy circles. I'm not buying it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Nyquist, Faulk, Smith, and Rielly would be my top 4 in order.
    I'm with COD here, not a huge fan of Kreider either.

Good luck.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    Yes I have let the league know I'm willing to deal the pick for center or goalie help.
    No one's really answering the bell.
    Yes Tarasenko is gone and Faulk isn't. Been thinking bout him too!

Can't thank you guys enough for the suggestions, I'll rep when they let me!
    If anyone has anybody else or wants to confirm other peoples thoughts please let me know!
    Can I ask why you're looking for center help?

I honestly can't see the reason for it. Tavares, Stamkos, Kopitar, Benn, Read has to be one of the best in the league. Are you trying to upgrade Read?

You're arguably more weak on the LW with Clowe and Franzen being band aid banner boys or RW with Downie and Nino pulling up the rear.

Even your goaltending isn't all that rough with Smith, Fleury and Rask.

I would definitely look to upgrade Clowe/Franzen or the LW, Downie/Nino on the RW before looking center help. Even before trying to upgrade your goaltending.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

But definitely Nyquist first.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
    Can I ask why you're looking for center help?

I honestly can't see the reason for it. Tavares, Stamkos, Kopitar, Benn, Read has to be one of the best in the league. Are you trying to upgrade Read?

You're arguably more weak on the LW with Clowe and Franzen being band aid banner boys or RW with Downie and Nino pulling up the rear.

Even your goaltending isn't all that rough with Smith, Fleury and Rask.

I would definitely look to upgrade Clowe/Franzen or the LW, Downie/Nino on the RW before looking center help. Even before trying to upgrade your goaltending.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

But definitely Nyquist first.
    I would definitely agree with you, I didn't take into account that Benn will be Center pretty much all season. Good point!
    I've been trying to flip Franzen for a long time. No one seemed to like his 10 GWGs last year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow. So this is how it turned out (the top 5 picks at least)
    1. Yakupov
    2. Galchenyuk
    3. Kreider
    4. Murray
    5 (me). Grigorenko

Thanks for all the input lads! I'm going to use those suggestions and hopefully get a third round steal!