Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Keeper League C

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What are you basing that bold statement on? Are you referring to the MONSTROUS two point lead that Crosby has over Stamkos in the scoring lead?
    I'm basing it on the fact that he's far and away the best player in the world....need more than that? I watch him every chance I get for that simple reason. This isn't a bold statement at all from what I can tell, it's very simple and plain for most to see. He dominates a game more than any player on the face of the earth. Stamkos is an imense talent but he's not capable of generating an entire offense by himself the way Crosby is. Crosby's linemates are the great Dupuis and Kunitz...yeah.....40-50 point players who get to ride the coat tails of the best player in the world.

That petty little 120 points is 23 more points that Stakmos has ever scored so I'm not sure where you're going with that, you've simply re-inforced that Crosby is the best or are you suggesting that Stamkos is due to break out for 120? Furthermore, Crosby has surpassed the 100 point plateau FOUR times already in seven years and the other three he was injured. So, when Crosby plays he's the best player in the world. The ONLY case that can be made against him are health concerns so keep the argument there if you must because at least it holds some weight but when you venture into comparing Stamkos to Crosby in terms of skill even Stamkos would laugh at you.

Dobber Sports Guru

Crosby
    Malkin
    Stamkos
    Giroux
    Tavares
    Staal
    Kopitar
    Toews
    Sedin
    Datsyuk

edit: actually with hits counting I probably put getzlaf in ahead of Datysuk.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Dobber Sports Star

I'm sorry but anyone that takes anyone over Crosby is craaaaazy. I guess there's an argument to be made for "Well Stamkos hasn't been super concussed before, so there's that".

But otherwise, yeah, you're crazy. For a variety of reasons. Whatever makes you feel better though
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    The ONLY case that can be made against him are health concerns so keep the argument there if you must because at least it holds some weight but when you venture into comparing Stamkos to Crosby in terms of skill even Stamkos would laugh at you.
    When did I compare them in terms of skill? Was I not clear enough when I stated that Crosby is the best player in the world? Thanks for countering an argument that nobody even brought up. Great insights there.

You can talk about dominating the game till you're blue in the face... I don't really care. I'm talking about fantasy hockey, and for all that "dominating", Crosby has a whopping 2 point lead to show over Stamkos. He has scored 120 points once in his career. Other than that, he's shown he has a 10 point edge over Stamkos WHEN he's healthy. That doesn't do it for me. Maybe in a one-year, but definitely not a keeper. The risk/reward proposition favours Stamkos.
    Last edited by blayze; March 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I'm basing it on the fact that he's far and away the best player in the world....need more than that? I watch him every chance I get for that simple reason. This isn't a bold statement at all from what I can tell, it's very simple and plain for most to see. He dominates a game more than any player on the face of the earth. Stamkos is an imense talent but he's not capable of generating an entire offense by himself the way Crosby is. Crosby's linemates are the great Dupuis and Kunitz...yeah.....40-50 point players who get to ride the coat tails of the best player in the world.

That petty little 120 points is 23 more points that Stakmos has ever scored so I'm not sure where you're going with that, you've simply re-inforced that Crosby is the best or are you suggesting that Stamkos is due to break out for 120? Furthermore, Crosby has surpassed the 100 point plateau FOUR times already in seven years and the other three he was injured. So, when Crosby plays he's the best player in the world. The ONLY case that can be made against him are health concerns so keep the argument there if you must because at least it holds some weight but when you venture into comparing Stamkos to Crosby in terms of skill even Stamkos would laugh at you.
    I don't think anybody is arguing that Stamkos is actually a better player than Crosby. The OP asked for the top 10 Keeper League Centers in FANTASY hockey. I still rank Crosby ahead of Stamkos just because of what he is capable of too, but if you look at the numbers, Stamkos has averaged 52 goals and 94 points over the past three seasons. Crosby? 30 and 71. You don't win leagues with injured players who have great PPG ratios. It's a testament to just how good Crosby is though, that most people still rank him as the number one fantasy center.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    i like blayze's list with an HM to JStaal as well as Benn, who could just as easily be in 10th, but its tough to leave out PDats. Backstrom just isnt in this class anymore but gets an HM in my book. Kopitar should get an HM too.
    THis may be my biggest character flaw...but I don't see or understand all the hype behind J. Staal. Honestly...if he wasn't Eric's brother...I doubt he gets ANY attention what so ever. Speaking stricktly from a Fantasy perspective.

OH well. Just needed to vent.

Anyway:
    Crosby
    Stamkos
    Malkin
    Giroux
    Tavares
    Toews
    Staal
    Getzy
    Spezza

H.M. Kopitar.
    Last edited by havanablast21; March 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

according to the media:

1. kadri
    2. kadri
    3. kadri
    4. kadri
    5. kadri
    6. kadri
    7. kadri
    8. kadri
    9. kadri
    10. kadri

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    according to the media:

1. kadri
    2. kadri
    3. kadri
    4. kadri
    5. kadri
    6. kadri
    7. kadri
    8. kadri
    9. kadri
    10. kadri
    lol praba wins
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    When did I compare them in terms of skill? Was I not clear enough when I stated that Crosby is the best player in the world? Thanks for countering an argument that nobody even brought up. Great insights there.

You can talk about dominating the game till you're blue in the face... I don't really care. I'm talking about fantasy hockey, and for all that "dominating", Crosby has a whopping 2 point lead to show over Stamkos. He has scored 120 points once in his career. Other than that, he's shown he has a 10 point edge over Stamkos WHEN he's healthy. That doesn't do it for me. Maybe in a one-year, but definitely not a keeper. The risk/reward proposition favours Stamkos.
    OK Blaze, lets track this tiny 2 point lead throughout this year. It stands at 4 now and will continue to expand as the year progresses.

Anyway, your argument was extremely tangential for someone attempting to say that Crosby IS in fact the best player in the world. Usually these sorts of arguments are not supported by a paragraph of undermining the players accomplishments. If your argument was simply that you don't trust Crosby's health then that could have been stated clearly in about one sentence. There, my face is officially blue

So you prefer Stamkos but concede that Crosby is the best player in the world. Well, you're nuts but even crazy people are entitled to their opinions

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I don't think anybody is arguing that Stamkos is actually a better player than Crosby. The OP asked for the top 10 Keeper League Centers in FANTASY hockey. I still rank Crosby ahead of Stamkos just because of what he is capable of too, but if you look at the numbers, Stamkos has averaged 52 goals and 94 points over the past three seasons. Crosby? 30 and 71. You don't win leagues with injured players who have great PPG ratios. It's a testament to just how good Crosby is though, that most people still rank him as the number one fantasy center.
    Well said!

Dobber Sports Sage

All I'm going to say is Tavares>Stamkos! Holla Blaze ;-) and no H.M for Kadri yet lol. Next year at this time I bet you he gets some love!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Duchene leads the whole Western Conference in even strenght points. Not that far far behind Crosby (6p) or Stamkos (4p) while playing for by far the worst offensive team of the three. Pittsburgh and Tampa are the highest scoring teamas in the league while Colorado ranks 25th leaguewide.

Now I know a lot of shortsighted owners soured on Duchene last season, but I would certainly give Duchene a honorable mention at the very least here.

My list for leagues that cover pim, hits and fow along with the usual scoring categories:

1. Crosby
    2. Malkin
    3. Stamkos
    4. Giroux
    5. Tavares
    6. Toews
    7. E. Staal
    8. Benn
    9. Backstrom
    10. Backes

HM: Getzlaf, H Sedin, Kopitar, Duchene.

If Avs get a proper coach instead of Joe Sacco Duchene will rank 8th or 9th on my list.
    Last edited by Rrabbit; March 9, 2013 at 4:54 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    All I'm going to say is Tavares>Stamkos!
    I'd love to hear your justification for that.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm guessing it was light hearted sarcasm directed towards Blayze.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I'm guessing it was light hearted sarcasm directed towards Blayze.
    lol it was. He even says "Holla blaze!" right after it. But that part wasn't quoted :P
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom