Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Canucks Now‏ @CanucksNow 2h

Benning: "I tell our guys we want European skill with North American heart. We're looking for skilled players & defensemen who move pucks."
    Jim Benning is dumb.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    TSN’s Scott Cullen sees the possibility of Chris Tanev being traded to Toronto, suggesting a package of Brendan Leipsic, Connor Carrick, and a first-round pick to Vancouver might get it done. Scott says Leipsic’s junior ties to Travis Green make him a possible target for the Canucks.
    Why trade one of the better D prospects to get a top 4 D - when you're shallow on D to begin with?? I saw the Canucks offseason game-plan had Leipsic & Carrick in their line up. Leafs are not in a position to trade their 1st round pick (not yet) and trading Carrick doesn't sit well with me either. There's lots of potential there. I don't see it. Trading their 1st rounder = deviating from the Shannaplan. Tanev has also never played more than 70 games in a season, serious concerns about his durability if I'm acquiring him.

JVR to Anh for Lindholm makes a lot more sense IMO. Tanev to Wpg for say... Connor+ would make more sense - Jets need D - have the depth & talent to afford giving up a Connor to get a Tanev - while holding their 1st rounder.

I'm still not sold Tanev is worth a Shattenkirk deadline deal return
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Why trade one of the better D prospects to get a top 4 D - when you're shallow on D to begin with?? I saw the Canucks offseason game-plan had Leipsic & Carrick in their line up. Leafs are not in a position to trade their 1st round pick (not yet) and trading Carrick doesn't sit well with me either. There's lots of potential there. I don't see it. Trading their 1st rounder = deviating from the Shannaplan. Tanev has also never played more than 70 games in a season, serious concerns about his durability if I'm acquiring him.

JVR to Anh for Lindholm makes a lot more sense IMO. Tanev to Wpg for say... Connor+ would make more sense - Jets need D - have the depth & talent to afford giving up a Connor to get a Tanev - while holding their 1st rounder.

I'm still not sold Tanev is worth a Shattenkirk deadline deal return
    ya i don't want him to go his hometown either, I would like to see him traded to Dallas for Niemi and the 3rd overall.
    or some other salary dump deal. I hope they get more than what Cullen has concocted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Jim Benning is dumb.
    I blame his mentorship under Chiarelli
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Genius

Tanev's durability is the only concern. If he could stay healthy he could have a similar effect as Larsson has had in Edmonton. He truly is a top 4 D.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

Oh it's more than just Chiarelli's fault

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Tanev's durability is the only concern. If he could stay healthy he could have a similar effect as Larsson has had in Edmonton. He truly is a top 4 D.
    he's top 4, but Larsson is top 2. There's a solid gap between the two. But that's also why Van wouldn't get a Hall in return, it would be two B prospects & mid 1st if you believe Cullen. Price sounds right, just think he's picked the wrong team.

Tanev - Connor & 2nd - That sounds good

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    he's top 4, but Larsson is top 2. There's a solid gap between the two. But that's also why Van wouldn't get a Hall in return, it would be two B prospects & mid 1st if you believe Cullen. Price sounds right, just think he's picked the wrong team.

Tanev - Connor & 2nd - That sounds good
    I would do that for sure. Another offensive prospect + a pick. Many have pointed out that Tanev will be on the wrong side of his career by the time the Canucks are competitive again anyway.

How about this though? The Caps are losing Alzner possible this year, could there be something there to trade Tanev to them?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I would do that for sure. Another offensive prospect + a pick. Many have pointed out that Tanev will be on the wrong side of his career by the time the Canucks are competitive again anyway.

How about this though? The Caps are losing Alzner possible this year, could there be something there to trade Tanev to them?
    it would almost assuredly have to be roster player for roster player, they have no 1st and outside of Bowey, Vrana, Samsonov, their prospect pool is thin..

Dobber Sports Pro

rumor mill is suggesting Tanev for E. Kane

my bet is still on Dallas. Vatanen being hurt could really stir the pot.

Elliot F. gave him a good plug during the game the other night, said the price is high.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    rumor mill is suggesting Tanev for E. Kane

my bet is still on Dallas. Vatanen being hurt could really stir the pot.

Elliot F. gave him a good plug during the game the other night, said the price is high.
    Buddy of mine (big Nucks fan also) texted and said he read Toronto's 1st is discussed in a deal for Tanev -- lots of rumors.
    Chances are, none are true, but it could mean discussions are going on.
    I wish it was Edler being discussed more....
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not a fan of Evander Kane. Hope if Tanev is moved, better assets than Evander come back to Vancouver.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Buddy of mine (big Nucks fan also) texted and said he read Toronto's 1st is discussed in a deal for Tanev -- lots of rumors.
    Tanev for a 1st rounder? That would be a steal for the Canucks even if it includes some ++ on the Vancouver's side!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Tanev for a 1st rounder? That would be a steal for the Canucks even if it includes some ++ on the Vancouver's side!
    Solid top 4 dman for a 1st round pick in the 2nd half of the round and you think Vancouver needs to ++? That's absolutely crazy talk... So probably exactly what Vancouver will do.

Edit - If the Canucks could get Kyle Connor and a 2nd rounder for Tanev... That would be hard to pass up. I really like Connor's game, and it's pretty hard to blame him for being overshadowed with some of the young talent in Winnipeg. Seems like a GREAT target for the Canucks to try and pick up, if he's actually available.

The Great One

Isn't Tanev a RHD? As is Buff, Myers and Trouba?

Dobber Sports Deity

Tanev shoots right, that is correct.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."