Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pulock, Bowey and Bean

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pulock, Bowey and Bean

How would you rank these guys in a points only format ? Pulock should play in the NHL this year but the others probably not. Don't need their output for me this year - who is the best choice for a keeper.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Pulock, Bowey and Bean

Pulock
    Bean
    Bowey
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have debated this exact trio, as I have all 3 on my farm team.

I'd go Pulock, Bean then Bowey.

I would put Bean first, as he has the highest ceiling, but the D pipeline is so congested in CAR, that he may become a victim of circumstance.

Pulock is finally ready to go. By the time Bean gets his shot, Pulock could very well be the established PP1 QB in NYI.

Bowey has actually taken a little step back. He was the #1 guy in the WSH system, but the gap has closed with Siegenthaler, Djoos et. Co. He may still become the guy, but his path doesn't seem quite the lock it used to be.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pulock
    Bean
    Bowey

...for me as well. Pulock probably would have been ready last year for quite a few games had be not been hurt. With Hamonic being shipped out, I think it shows NYI is expecting him to make a difference very soon. His points in Bridgeport last season, on top of his shot and PP opportunities with NYI, show he has a very high upside himself. He offers the best combination of risk/reward in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't have any faith in the Islanders. Pulock is behind Leddy and Boychuk, and I'm not convinced he's gonna get #1 PP time anytime soon. And I think Bean could be a Shea Theodore-like player, even with all the D congestion in Carolina.
    So...

Bean
    Pulock
    Bowey

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Guessing prospect Dmen is almost as hard as guessing goalies.

I think Bowey is more of a Darnell Nurse style of D. He will be an excellent "real-life" power D, but limited on the offensive side of the puck.

This comes down to Bean or Pulock. I like Beans upside more but I hate the system he's in. Carolina (strangely enough) has an excellent young group of Dmen in front of him so opportunity becomes a concern.

I'd rank them:

Pulock
    Bean
    Bowey

I won't be surprised if in three to four years that Bean starts to be the better asset in a points only format, but the time delay always brings concern and risk.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I don't have any faith in the Islanders. Pulock is behind Leddy and Boychuk, and I'm not convinced he's gonna get #1 PP time anytime soon. And I think Bean could be a Shea Theodore-like player, even with all the D congestion in Carolina.
    So...

Bean
    Pulock
    Bowey
    A bit off topic, but I know you have posted your issue with the Islanders in a couple of spots in the past couple of days, just wondering about the reasoning. Do you have enough data now on Weight's coaching/system to make a call on this, or is this a hangover from Capuano? I liked what I saw from the second half of the season last year under Weight - better goalie deployment, more offensive system with lines that made sense, good use of offensive D, 4-1 PP that played to strengths- his record was a decent 24-12-4. I've been trying to buy Islanders as a result- got Tavares, been hunting Leddy, probably will draft Ho Sang and Pulock in September. Always though interested in contrary views.

On topic, I'm Pulock>Bean>Bowey as I think his road to success (i.e. a place on the PP1/PP2) is shorter.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    A bit off topic, but I know you have posted your issue with the Islanders in a couple of spots in the past couple of days, just wondering about the reasoning. Do you have enough data now on Weight's coaching/system to make a call on this, or is this a hangover from Capuano? I liked what I saw from the second half of the season last year under Weight - better goalie deployment, more offensive system with lines that made sense, good use of offensive D, 4-1 PP that played to strengths- his record was a decent 24-12-4. I've been trying to buy Islanders as a result- got Tavares, been hunting Leddy, probably will draft Ho Sang and Pulock in September. Always though interested in contrary views.

On topic, I'm Pulock>Bean>Bowey as I think his road to success (i.e. a place on the PP1/PP2) is shorter.
    I've got
    Bean > Pulock > Bowey - There may be a stronger D in Car. but outside of Faulk, not a significant offensively dynamic Dman. With Faulk's injury history... Bean will get his shot. They'll make room if he's deemed worth it. I think he will be...

Regarding the Isles.. it's not Weight, its Snow being Snow & ownership's issues just settling on an arena. Team's not happy where they moved to, now they're moving back to Long Island? or are they? Ownerships a mess and this group's mess directly affects the players. That's a big reason to be wary. Likely a reason they're not retaining UFA's. They lack stability.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd rank them:

Pulock
    Bean
    Bowey

I won't be surprised if in three to four years that Bean starts to be the better asset in a points only format, but the time delay always brings concern and risk.
    Well said Axe. I heartily concur old chap! (I have NOT been drinking and will deny it if accused, but I will NOT acquiesce to your repeated breathalyzer requests)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I've got
    Bean > Pulock > Bowey - There may be a stronger D in Car. but outside of Faulk, not a significant offensively dynamic Dman. With Faulk's injury history... Bean will get his shot. They'll make room if he's deemed worth it. I think he will be...

Regarding the Isles.. it's not Weight, its Snow being Snow & ownership's issues just settling on an arena. Team's not happy where they moved to, now they're moving back to Long Island? or are they? Ownerships a mess and this group's mess directly affects the players. That's a big reason to be wary. Likely a reason they're not retaining UFA's. They lack stability.
    Ya I get this and perhaps its a major influence or perhaps this is a great media narrative. I'm a 45 year old Leaf fan, I've lived through a few circuses that still saw great individual fantasy results (see Vaive, Rick for example).

Its a small sample set but in the 40 games after Weight came in (game 43, so beginning of Q3) the team went 24-12-4. Of the top 5 forward and top 2 defence scorers (Tavares, Lee, Bailey, Leddy and Nelson; Leddy and Boychuk) only Nelson and Boychuck saw worse PPG results under Weight. Tavares jumped a half a point a game, Lee a third and Leddy a quarter. Like anything else in fantasy, this is a guess, but I am betting that coaching (or more to the point coaching systems) has a higher impact on results than instability in higher management and arena issues.

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Exactly. It's not Weight, or any other coach. It's a hangover from the last 20 years. It's consistently horrible GMs and consistently horrible ownership. Wouldn't surprise me if they were one of the worst teams in the league this season, considering how strong the rest of their division is.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Exactly. It's not Weight, or any other coach. It's a hangover from the last 20 years. It's consistently horrible GMs and consistently horrible ownership. Wouldn't surprise me if they were one of the worst teams in the league this season, considering how strong the rest of their division is.
    Agree, I wouldn't invest in an Isle goalie, but I couldn't really care less where they finish if Tavares is back up to 80 pts and Leddy hits high 40s.

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Master

gomez as assistant coach might help isles powerplay , addition of eberle / ho-sang skill wise could help it too .

pulock needs waivers to be sent down so he's a lock to make team .Weight wasnt shy to give Beauviller more icetime or ho-sang when he was called up so I suspect he wont be afriad to get pulock on PP1 right out of the gate .

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    gomez as assistant coach might help isles powerplay , addition of eberle / ho-sang skill wise could help it too .

pulock needs waivers to be sent down so he's a lock to make team .Weight wasnt shy to give Beauviller more icetime or ho-sang when he was called up so I suspect he wont be afriad to get pulock on PP1 right out of the gate .
    They'd have to go from a 4-1 to a 3-2 PP1 though, can't see Pulock getting the keys over Leddy right away. PP2 with Boychuk is more likely no?

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Giant

Pulock

Bean
    Bowey
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay