Thread: What do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What do you guys think?

should i accept the following trade offer?

I am playing in a 14 team dynasty keeper league with 10 minor spots

Offer:

I get Berglund and Dougthy for Ladd, Nicklas Jensen, Ryan Johansen and Chris Stewart

I know iŽd give up a lot, but right now my team is stacked and i need to make space, because i have 4 first round picks for the upcoming draft.

my roster:

C - Getzlaf, Nugent-Hopkins, Johansen, Johansson, Stepan
    LW - Ennis, Perron, Filppula, Lupul, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW - Brunner, Okposo, Wheeler, Selanne, Setoguchi, C. Stewart
    D - Bogosian, Carlson, OEL, Fowler, Sbisa, Whitney
    G - Smith, Gustavsson
    Farm - Granlund, Jensen, Pulkkinen, Armia, Etem, D. Hamilton, J. Campbell
    Markstrom, Ramo, Wedgewood

Thx for your advice guys

Dobber Sports Wizard

Definitely take it, I would consider that trade for Doughty alone. Getting Berglund who still has plenty more growth left is a huge bonus.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Immortal

Agree with Fast Tony. Ladd is decent and Stewart has struggled...after that we're talking about all unprovens.

Take it and run.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yep, I take this deal.

I would say that you have to take the deal as you get the best player here in Doughty, who is arguably a top 5 D or so in the league. You are giving up mostly depth guys, the 3rd best players you have at these positions on your team, who most likely top out in the 60s, points wise.

Berglund, if he ever hits his potential, should outproduce any of the players you gave up. Stewart may be the guy you miss the most, because of the peripherals he contributes, but, that depends on the settings of your league.

You also stated that you need to make room for your draft picks. I don't see how you don't make out like a bandit here. Take the deal and thank your fellow GM when you kick his ass in this league.

The Wolverine

Welcome to the boards.

Normally I would ask you to provide more information on the type of league (h2h, roto, points?), categories, etc however:

You're giving up depth (which you have) for a high end D (which you need) and a buy low forward who could still thrive in the right situation (bonus). And you're creating space that you need.

Yes please.

In future, it's best to provide as much information as possible about your league type, categories etc to get the best advice. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Pro

Take that deal and run. You are giving up some decent players with some upside, but you are getting back a top D along with a guy with some upside. No reason at all not to take this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree with everyone, take it. Doughty is the best player in the deal by quite a ways and you don't have to part with any of your top players to get him. Your defense is pretty solid before this, and it's fantastic afterwards.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Welcome to the boards.

Normally I would ask you to provide more information on the type of league (h2h, roto, points?), categories, etc however:

You're giving up depth (which you have) for a high end D (which you need) and a buy low forward who could still thrive in the right situation (bonus). And you're creating space that you need.

Yes please.

In future, it's best to provide as much information as possible about your league type, categories etc to get the best advice. Good luck.
    Listen to this guy.

Also, 4 1st round pick for the 2013 entry draft? Wow dude, great job.
    twitter: @hugotwigg