Thread: Rank 16 Team league w/ Hits and Blks...REP

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Rank 16 Team league w/ Hits and Blks...REP

Alright this is probably my most obscure league considering the common ones that we see.

16 team Yahoo H2H
    G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blks
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO
    Starting: CC,LL,RR,DD,Util,GG with 5 Bench

C: Stamkos, Zajac,Stepan, Granlund
    LW: Kane, Kunitz
    RW: Brown (LW), Voracek, Horton
    D; Kronwall, Whitney, Kulikov
    G: Bryz, Lehtonen, Pavelec

With it being a 16 team league....the guy at 3 took Lundqvist so I grabbed Stammer at 4. Not bad.

By the time my next pick happened the goalie run had began and Lundy, Quick, MAF, Rinne, Howard, Rask, Miller, Smith, Ward had went....so I went Bryz. Then Schneider, Halak, Crawford, Price, Niemi went....so I went Lehtonen ....kind of a risky move but ensuring 2 starters is wise.

The key move I think was taking Pavelec in round 7 when guys weren't even thinking about a 3rd goalie. I will be selling high.

I missed out on Girardi by one pick in the 2nd last round...other than that I was very happy.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pretty solid. I think Bryz will have a bounce back season. Only immediate concern is enough hits and blks. Brown and Kunitz should probably cover it though. Would be nice to see Horton light it up. Agree with yah, nice draft. That should be a real fun league with 16 of you.
    Hockey
    12 Team Yahoo H2H standard scoring 1 year
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G
    G,A, PPP, SHP, Shots, +/-, W, L, Shutout

To be drafted.

Football
    10 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. (Non PPR)
    Start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1K, 1DEF, 1 defensive player

QBs: Wilson, Manning
    WR:V. Jackson, Patterson, Benjamin, Cooks
    RB: J. Charles, A. Morris, D. Martin, K. Davis, K. Robinson
    TE: Gronkowski, Cameron
    K: Novak
    DEF: Steelers
    IDP:Worrilow

Dobber Sports Immortal

Kane should also do the trick in the hits and Stepan surprisingly almost had 140....but still yes I missed out on Callahan by a few picks as well.

Thanks man. Rep coming

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Alright this is probably my most obscure league considering the common ones that we see.

16 team Yahoo H2H
    G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blks
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO
    Starting: CC,LL,RR,DD,Util,GG with 5 Bench

C: Stamkos, Zajac,Stepan, Granlund
    LW: Kane, Kunitz
    RW: Brown (LW), Voracek, Horton
    D; Kronwall, Whitney, Kulikov
    G: Bryz, Lehtonen, Pavelec

With it being a 16 team league....the guy at 3 took Lundqvist so I grabbed Stammer at 4. Not bad.

By the time my next pick happened the goalie run had began and Lundy, Quick, MAF, Rinne, Howard, Rask, Miller, Smith, Ward had went....so I went Bryz. Then Schneider, Halak, Crawford, Price, Niemi went....so I went Lehtonen ....kind of a risky move but ensuring 2 starters is wise.

The key move I think was taking Pavelec in round 7 when guys weren't even thinking about a 3rd goalie. I will be selling high.

I missed out on Girardi by one pick in the 2nd last round...other than that I was very happy.

Thoughts?
    Pretty well rounded team.

I think I'd like Price over Bryz, personally. But hopefully that risk turns out well.

Kane/Stepan gets you hits. Kronwall gets you Blks; can't really see any other player on your roster getting more.

Horton is a bit risky but can add PP, PIMs (though less now probably, after the concussion) and produce at a decent clip.
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Immortal

I know. Price was my next target and he went two picks before I grabbed Lehtonen. The thing was with losses as a category I felt I had to go Bryz because I love Philly's team this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the goalies, getting Pavelec in round 7 in my opinion is a steal. Whether you use him or trade him, he's a great pick up for you in the draft.

Not really a fan of your D, I like the Kronwall pick, to me that's fine I like to have one good D on my team. I don't like the Whitney pick unless it was in the second to last round, otherwise not really a fan of the pick, you probably could have got better value at a different position. Nothing wrong with Kulikov as your last pick. So I guess my only complaint would be picking Whitney, but that's only if he went anywhere before your second to last pick.

Having Stamkos is a huge advantage, as he is one of the true elite players in the game, so huge plus there. Can't say I like the Zajac pick, as looking at his placement on your roster you selected him high, and that's the reason I don't like it. After Zajac it looks like you got good talent in terms of when they would have been drafted. I like your what you have on the wings, especially Brown and Kane.

Should be a good team, and you should finish well, but something seems missing for it to be the top team.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thanks Essej.

I see the issue with the D. This being the only pool Ive done with categories like this.....I listed out about 10 D that I really wanted in terms of solid to decent points, but also giving me high hits and blks. Weber and Edler were 1 and 2....some others went on the list before Kronwall came up. I know...Im a Wings fan....

As for Zajac I actually didnt grab him til round 11 and 164th overall.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks Essej.

I see the issue with the D. This being the only pool Ive done with categories like this.....I listed out about 10 D that I really wanted in terms of solid to decent points, but also giving me high hits and blks. Weber and Edler were 1 and 2....some others went on the list before Kronwall came up. I know...Im a Wings fan....

As for Zajac I actually didnt grab him til round 11 and 164th overall.
    The peripheral stats like Hits and Blks make it interesting.

Who'd you have in your top 10? Kronwall, Edler, Seabrook, Carle, Weber, Girardi, McDonagh, Phaneuf would be in mine for overall producers.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Yardsale View Post
    The peripheral stats like Hits and Blks make it interesting.

Who'd you have in your top 10? Kronwall, Edler, Seabrook, Carle, Weber, Girardi, McDonagh, Phaneuf would be in mine for overall producers.
    Woww.....we think alike. My plan going in was to focus on D who got points as well as major hits and blocks....and leave the majority of the point scoring to the forwards. In no order I had all of those listed, plus Letang, Streit, Subban and OEL.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Woww.....we think alike. My plan going in was to focus on D who got points as well as major hits and blocks....and leave the majority of the point scoring to the forwards. In no order I had all of those listed, plus Letang, Streit, Subban and OEL.
    Its fun working out the numbers, eh.