Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could I land a big four (Ovi)?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Could I land a big four (Ovi)?

I give

D Sedin - Iginla - Giordano - Ott - bottom snake picks '13 and '14

I would get

Ovechkin - Hornqvist - MA Bergeron - M. Foligno - 1st rounder '13 and '14

I believe (team in sig) I have a close-to-contending team (finished 2nd both years).
    I wanna have a younger roster.
    I would lose a keeper, but perhaps make Strome or MDZ a keeper by the end of the season.
    The other GM finished dead last and would like a boost in peripheral stats.
    I would drop MA Bergeron and pick up Wideman.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance gents.
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Ace

That is not enough nobody will move OVY for D.Sedin and IGY...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Probably should see the other guys whole roster - wondering why there are so many players in the deal.

Dobber Sports Guru

It's not the team in your sig, so it's a bit tough to be sure exactly what's all connected here. Having said that, the first round picks are the sticking points for me -- I don't see a bottom-end team giving up picks while taking on so much age.

Not a bad idea to try to nab Ovechkin at his lowest, but I'd be surprised if this got it done.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkb7 View Post
    I give

D Sedin - Iginla - Giordano - Ott - bottom snake picks '13 and '14

I would get

Ovechkin - Hornqvist - MA Bergeron - M. Foligno - 1st rounder '13 and '14

I believe (team in sig) I have a close-to-contending team (finished 2nd both years).
    I wanna have a younger roster.
    I would lose a keeper, but perhaps make Strome or MDZ a keeper by the end of the season.
    The other GM finished dead last and would like a boost in peripheral stats.
    I would drop MA Bergeron and pick up Wideman.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance gents.
    What I wonder if the other manager's motivation for accepting such an offer, and for wanting to part with Ovechkin at all. He finished last so wouldn't it be in his best interests to keep a young superstar rather than take on age? And you mention he needs peripherals - Ovechkin is quite good there and I don't see that being a reason for him to make such a big move - he could just find them on FA. Also I wonder how active this manager is - he has MAB on his roster but Wideman is a FA?

As Shoeless suggested, providing his roster would help.

Oh and a general suggestion, you should put the league type (H2H, Roto) in your signature.
    Last edited by horrorfan; December 7, 2012 at 7:02 AM.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    It's not the team in your sig
    It is, actually. Ott and Giordano are on his bench.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It is, actually. Ott and Giordano are on his bench.
    Ah! Thanks. Too early to be responding I suppose.
    A solid D to have Giordano on the bench and MDZ as a non-keeper. That's a position I'd be looking to upgrade with.
    And is Byfuglien still getting Wing designation? Wow.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shoeless:
    C: RIBS, Anisimov, Nielsen, HENRIQUE,
    W: OVIE, HEATLEY, COLE, POMINVILLE, Hornqvist, Seto, Foligno, Gionta
    D: BURNS, LARSSON, Visnovsky, Bergeron,
    G: HALAK, BACKSTROM, Vokoun
    *Note: Capitals = Keepers (!) ... have you raised any eyebrows yet?

Horrorfan: I understand your point and I've seen this point come around often in the forums. However, this manager is semi-dedicated to his team so I'm looking to provide him with tools that will allow him to improve his team immediately and help him get a top 8 (playoff spot). So yeah, Ovie is quite good, but his 3 others are garbage. It really depends where he's mind's at because frankly, are you completely on rebuild mode when you keep cole or even ribs for that matter?
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For one-year:
    D.Sedin-side is much better.

As keepers go:
    Ovechkin+(FillerKeeper) is possibly better than D.Sedin+Iginla.

Personally, I've soured on Ovechkin. I've posted my input on this guy too many times before. I think his 100pt days were a combination of his youthful energy (+5 to 10pts) and his chemistry with healthy teammates Semin & Green (+10 to 15pts). Those things are gone. Ovechkin is now a 80-85pt player... which puts him marginally above Daniel Sedin.

D.Sedin side for me.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't think it's close to enough. The two top players coming back are on the downside of their careers, Ovi has the best shot at 100-point seasons, Ovi is great at the other categories (hits, shots, etc.) And Ovi has better linemates. And you want the other guy to give up a first round pick in back-to-back years.

If I were the other guy, I'd counter by asking for Rinne, back-to-back first rounders, and something else. He needs to upgrade his goaltending and defence, so he should start there.

If he decides to trade Ovi, he could probably get more in return for him than what you've offered.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just got Ovechkin last week.
    It cost me Giroux. This was after offers of Lundqvist/B.Smith and Getzlaf/Doughty/Schneider (before Luongo asked for trade)/Smith/1st rounder

Honestly, the problem with acquiring one of the big 4 is that from an owner's standpoint, you have a play who you could literrally trade to acquire any other player in the league (save for maybe another big 4). So you have to ask yourself, is the player I'm getting back the guy I want to the most in the league. Somehow I doubt its Sedin. You'll likely need to impress him with your offer. What you're offering is fair value based on production, but based on name, is not close yet.
    ***Non-Descriptive Thread Titles Killed My Wife and Ate My Children***

10 Team Roto Keeper League (G,A,PPP,SHP,GWG,+/-,PIM, SOG // W,SAVES,GAA,SV%,SO)
    Full Keeper w/ Salary Cap [4C/4LW/4RW/6D/2G/5B, 82 gp per roster spot]

C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Ribeiro, Hodgson
    LW: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Eriksson, Van Riemsdyk, Whitney
    RW: Gaborik, Stewart, Read, Selanne, Alfredsson
    D: Pietrangelo, Yandle, Edler, Wisniewski, E. Johnson, Whitney, Bieksa, Gardiner
    G: Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Schneider

Minor League:
    Yakupov, Silfverberg, Bjugstad, Stone, Atkinson, J. Morrow, Palmieri, B. Smith, J. Bernier

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Whilst I don't disagree with your statement, I believe he gets a fair share of improvement

Giordano becomes a better keeper than Burns (increase in Shots, Hits, and Points)
    Iginla becomes a way better keeper than an even more aging Cole (big increase in Shots, Hits, PPP and Points)
    Sedin is indeed a small-mid downgrade to Ovechkin (less in PPP, Hits)
    Ott just provide compensation in Hits for Ovechkin's loss

There's no denying Ovi is the best player in the deal. Perhaps 2 1st rounders seems heavy, but considering the way he manages his team (weak keepers), the 2 of the 3 players I'm offering are definite improvement.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
    You'll likely need to impress him with your offer. What you're offering is fair value based on production, but based on name, is not close yet.
    Sedin is indeed the best name I've got so that's why I've got to sparkle on the side by replacing his junk with pure immediate improvement. Once again, his team shows he should rebuild and his actions inform me otherwise (keeping and drafting rather older guys - Ribs, Cole, Backstrom, Vokoun, Boyle, Visnovsky).

It shows me his strategy is not on point and I shall benefit from that.

Dobber Sports Guru

You're making it seem better than it is.

Ovi to Sedin is more than a downgrade in PPP and hits (huge downgrade in hits: almost 200 in a season). It's also a downgrade in SHP and shots.

You believe it's a good deal and is something that can help his team, and you're trying to convince us of that. We don't need convinving. If you believe it's a good deal, make the offer. If he accepts, great. If not, then see what he counters with.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    For one-year:
    D.Sedin-side is much better.

As keepers go:
    Ovechkin+(FillerKeeper) is possibly better than D.Sedin+Iginla.

Personally, I've soured on Ovechkin. I've posted my input on this guy too many times before. I think his 100pt days were a combination of his youthful energy (+5 to 10pts) and his chemistry with healthy teammates Semin & Green (+10 to 15pts). Those things are gone. Ovechkin is now a 80-85pt player... which puts him marginally above Daniel Sedin.

D.Sedin side for me.
    Are people forgetting the picks?
    If there's no season, this is a lottery pick! McKinnon or Jones is also in play here.
    Unless this deal makes him immediately better, he's giving up a lottery pick the following year as well.

The deal without the picks is close. With the picks, I just don't see it.