29. You may not vote on this poll
  • One year fluke

11 37.93%
  • Real deal top goalie

18 62.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was Bishop a One Hit Wonder??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Was Bishop a One Hit Wonder??

Quote Originally Posted by E_johnson View Post
    I think I agree with this

In fact, I was going to disagree with the 8-15 ranking, thinking he was closer to the top, but I was wrong. Let's go to the list ... I think most would agree that Rask, Crawford, Lunqvist, Price, Fluery, Quick, Rinne (if back to normal) and Niemi are likely to post better numbers than Bishop in the next year or so. There is no particular order to the list, and I am assuming that there are no unforeseen offseason changes. I think that Bishop belongs to the group that contains Bobrovsky, Varly, Smith, Lehtonen and a few others - that is 2nd tier. This is the group where you could argue that Bishop belongs to one end, say 15-16, or at the other end, say 9-11 Me thinks that puts Bishop in the 9-16 group or thereabouts. I would put him at the tail end until he and the Lightning have 2 good seasons in a row. Just my 2 cents.
    Nice breakdown and wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to 16th-20th, but a Vezina nomination is impressive and he's in a contract year and in a great position to earn a big payday if he can post even close to a repeat of this past season. Cheers.

Banned

I think Holtby is the sleeper goalie pick of the year next season, and I think Bishop will be the sexy pick. I believe their numbers will be similar, so I would go for Holtby because I believe you can snag him a solid amount of rounds later than bishop.

Holtby & Halak, I believe are the solid late round goalies that I am gonna be targeting

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I think Holtby is the sleeper goalie pick of the year next season, and I think Bishop will be the sexy pick. I believe their numbers will be similar, so I would go for Holtby because I believe you can snag him a solid amount of rounds later than bishop.

Holtby & Halak, I believe are the solid late round goalies that I am gonna be targeting
    Hmm I'm not sure when it comes to draft day that people will overrate Bishop. Most people know he didn't finish the year strongly and has a very short track record. At the end of the day I think he'll be picked where he should be, around the 10-20th goalie picked.

Holtby is a great sleeper pick, definitely.

Halak I think will actually be a sexy pick to a lot of people just because NYI have some good young pieces and Halak has a chance to control the crease for 65+ games. Personally what I see is above average goalie with new chance to shine on a team people are underrating now, and I see a big contract extension which means a commitment to one goalie being the starter. That's much, much more stable than a lot of other teams around the league.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

I have Holtby already but thanks for the vote of confidence
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Stud

I think we lost sight of the original post. Looking at your goalie Catagories to answer your question of is Bishop a size able upgrade over Holtby is closer than many would think. With your Catagories your not rostering a goalie as much as you are a teams record. The few posters in here ranking Smith, Luongo, Rinne, Lehtonen etc over Bishop may be right if GAA or SV% or even saves were a Catagories. But I rank the Lightning higher than all of those teams in terms of wins for the next 1-3 seasons .
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson