Poll: Pens vs Rangers

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: EC RD2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: EC RD2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Rangers

The King reigns supreme!!!!! The Pens fans or media can't pin this playoff failure on Fleury, he showed up to a much greater extent than some of other Pittsburg's best players, Crosby included.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

F**K Yes! Gotta tell ya, never cared for he Rangers under Torts, Just never impressed me. Under Vigneault, I never gave 'em a chance.

But God D**n if I didn't pick 'em in seven over the Pens. Great effin' hockey and total team effort right there. DAMN good series!

Looking forward to Rangers vs Canadiens!
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Damn my first series prediction that goes wrong this spring...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    F**K Yes! Gotta tell ya, never cared for he Rangers under Torts, Just never impressed me. Under Vigneault, I never gave 'em a chance.

But God D**n if I didn't pick 'em in seven over the Pens. Great effin' hockey and total team effort right there. DAMN good series!

Looking forward to Rangers vs Canadiens!
    You should keep on lookin' because that aint happening.

Dobber Sports Monster

Pens go from potentially winning the series in 5 games to Barry Trotz the newest hottest rumor to be their new head coach! Also with Malkin, Crosby and Fleury traded!

Twitter going nuts with over-reactions.

Dobber Sports Master

2-1.... pfft, Fleury costs them another one!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    2-1.... pfft, Fleury costs them another one!
    Fleury let in some stinkers this series. His numbers may not show it but that's because the Ranger's offense sucks.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Veteran

Whoever just voted for the Rangers to win it in 7, your vote doesn't count. You realize that you can't predict who will win after the series is over right?
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    You should keep on lookin' because that aint happening.
    Wager?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Looking forward to the changes though. Keep Malkin/Crosby and blow the rest to ****town!
    Overreaction. The problem with the Pens is poor coaching and poor depth. There's no reason to blow up the team because believe it or not we are really only a few pieces away from the cup. The top six is fine the way it is (don't forget that Dupuis should be back next season). The problem is that we don't have that potent 1-2-3 punch down the center that we use to have when Staal was still in PIT. The Pen's top priority in the offseason should be bringing in a better 3rd line center so that way they can have 3 solid lines. The Pens should look into finding a better goalie too but only if they are actually making an improvement and not just changing goalies for the sake of changing goalies. I think they should try to trade for a young guy with a lot of potential rather than signing someone who has been a starter for a while.

We don't want to end up like the Caps 2.0 and make a bunch of panic moves which only cripple our organization.

Banned

I'd ship James Neal. He was a ghost all playoffs. That would improve their forward depth.

Dobber Sports Star

I'd ship James Neal. He was a ghost all playoffs. That would improve their forward depth.
    I agree completely with that. I wouldn't hesitate to say he was their worst player...

Banned

i think St Louis was the spark the Rags needed...lets be honest, the team just didn't show up in the first 4 games, they looked like they were just going thru the paces

MSL gave them something to play for in game 5 and it catalyzed them and woke them from their slumber...whether that persists into the next round is debatable but at least they finally found their heart

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Neal was a ghost because Malkin was taken off his line. He had to play with Sutter who was a gigantic downgrade. Moving Malkin and Crosby onto the same line was a terrible idea. Every time I saw the Jokinen-Malkin-Neal line out there they looked dangerous. Having Crosby on Malkin's line held him back this series and hurt other players on the roster and Neal most notably. Neal is someone who needs a really good playmaker if he's going to be useful. Richards made him good in Dallas and Geno made him a star in Pittsburgh.

Dobber Sports Stud

I felt that MAF had a decent series but was clearly overshadowed by the King, its somewhat fortunate for the flower that he isn't the Goat in this loss. He has to go back to work and improve his game if Pitt has any chance of making a run next year because there aren't any other teams that will take him and his contract. Not to mention the NTC.

As regards coaching, there were a few bench minors called on Pitt for too many men on the ice. I can clearly remember 2 in just the NY series and I didn't watch the Cbus one. Perhaps a Pens fan knows if there were any called in that matchup. That just smacks of foolish mistakes and there really isn't any excuse for it. Not sure if it costs anyone a job but if they are looking to cut bait they might start there...

Orpik not dressing seriously hurt Pitts blueline, the guy is a punishing player and NY was able to skate unharried across the blueline in many situations when with Brooks in there you know their heads would have been up. With both he and Niskanen perhaps ticketed out of town one has to wonder what Pitt will do to address their blueline which has been a work in progress for what seems like years. At least since they last won the cup the blueline has been tinkered on a consistent basis, at least that is how I see it as a Rangers fan. Martin and Letang are very fine players but Pitt needs someone with THUMP to pair with them. The remaining defensemen including Niskanen played sheltered minutes as evidenced by their collective TOI. Scuderi was a -4 with zero points in the series which I find somewhat surprising. NY's top 4 Dmen on the other hand led the team in ice time, despite Girardi and McDonagh being minus players both Staal and Stralman were VERY effective. Especially Stralman in game 7 versus Malkin.

I for one thought that Sutter played a reasonably effective center. He wasn't a difference maker but that isn't his job. He had a very nice shortie and also scored in game 6. As RFA I reckon Pitt locks him up as I don't see a more effective player available for them at this point.

Vitale often kills NY but fortunately he didn't finish any of his chances and was pointless.

I just honestly don't see where Pitt is going to "BLOW" up anything. They have to address the blueline, which they do EVERY season and look to try and keep Jokinen. Maybe bring in a bruising 3rd line winger who can play the PK as long as the price doesn't adversely affect their chances at signing a blueliner with crease clearing ability.

It was an exciting series and for once I am glad NY could win it as Pitt has had the edge for a decade.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.