Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Toews on Sochi

Banned

Fine trolling from sentium

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Ha! You wish. Trust me, after watching Detroit lose to Pittsburgh a few years ago, no loss even comes close. Detroit was the underdog this year and I didn't even expect them to beat Anaheim. Them taking the Hawks to seven games was just gravy. It was an awesome, hard-fought series and Chicago deserved to win, especially the last two games.

Why can't you just accept that Toews is not god's gift to NHL captains? That's the only point I have made. Hell, I even like Chicago as a team, but I think Toews is horribly overrated as captain material. Then again, I'm comparing him to the greatest captain ever in the NHL, so I have a pretty high standard, but still.

Toews will have a statue created of him when all is said and done. And you never even talked about Mark Messier once you liar!
    Last edited by doulos; August 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Fine trolling from sentium
    Are your panties in a bunch just because I've started talking about how Melnyk is an idiot who is bad for the Senators? Hahaha.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

pfffft, like we'd listen to the opinion of some ****ing liberal hippy Swede living in Sweden writing about a fine upstanding businessman in Ottawa

Dobber Sports Monster

Ok I gotta chime in just a little bit and will keep it rather short.

Leaders are human. Sometimes they too need a little support. I urge you all to watch highlight interviews of Blackhawk players. To a man they mention Toews in almost every interview in some capacity. The ONLY thing us fans really ever get to see his the product of him on the ice. We do not see him in the dressing rooms, we do not see him at practice, we do not see him behind closed doors going over anything team related. We do not see how he bonds with his teammates.

Have " You" meaning anyone here, never melted down before over something? Regardless of whatever career you have, you've most certainly acted out of " normal character" a time or two. I will bet on that.

Toews has 2 Stanley Cups! He plays injured quite often. He does a shitload of big and little things to help put his team in position to win. He makes players around him better. He makes life easier on the coaching staff. He is beloved by fans and he respects ALL fans and ALL Media members and respects the game of HOCKEY.

So he had a little bit of a meltdown. WOW he's human. I liked that he showed that emotion for that exact reason. The ****ing guy is rock solid, class act and treats everyone with respect.

So Seabrook comes over and basically for lack of words just simply tells him keep your head on straight, we need you. Let's crucify Toews and " Label" him now. Makes SOOOOOOO much sense. Bullshit.

Toews has 2 Cups and barring any crazy injury will be a Hall-of-Famer someday and will win at least one more cup.

Oh and another thing in case anyone forgets, this player we speak of is only 25 years old and basically holds a CITY of a population 2.7 MILLION residents on his BACK!

How many 25 years can you think of that do this?

The guy is leader and a great captain.

HE'S A GOD DAMN CHICAGO BLACKHAWK!!
    Last edited by Shake; August 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Naw, he hit a guy on the shinpad with his stick. I shield the eyes of my children whenever he comes on the screen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Ok I gotta chime in just a little bit and will keep it rather short.

Leaders are human. Sometimes they too need a little support. I urge you all to watch highlight interviews of Blackhawk players. To a man they mention Toews in almost every interview in some capacity. The ONLY thing us fans really ever get to see his the product of him on the ice. We do not see him in the dressing rooms, we do not see him at practice, we do not see him behind closed doors going over anything team related. We do not see how he bonds with his teammates.

Have " You" meaning anyone here, never melted down before over something? Regardless of whatever career you have, you've most certainly acted out of " normal character" a time or two. I will bet on that.

Toews has 2 Stanley Cups! He plays injured quite often. He does a shitload of big and little things to help put his team in position to win. He makes players around him better. He makes life easier on the coaching staff. He is beloved by fans and he respects ALL fans and ALL Media members and respects the game of HOCKEY.

So he had a little bit of a meltdown. WOW he's human. I liked that he showed that emotion for that exact reason. The ****ing guy is rock solid, class act and treats everyone with respect.

So Seabrook comes over and basically for lack of words just simply tells him keep your head on straight, we need you. Let's crucify Toews and " Label" him now. Makes SOOOOOOO much sense. Bullshit.

Toews has 2 Cups and barring any crazy injury will be a Hall-of-Famer someday and will win at least one more cup.

Oh and another thing in case anyone forgets, this player we speak of is only 25 years old and basically holds a CITY of a population 2.7 MILLION residents on his BACK!

How many 25 years can you think of that do this?

The guy is leader and a great captain.

HE'S A GOD DAMN CHICAGO BLACKHAWK!!
    Really? I'm sure they care more about the Bears and Bulls.

seriously, wow. Like if the Blackhawks left town tomorrow the city would be fine.
    Last edited by Big Ev; August 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Are your panties in a bunch just because I've started talking about how Melnyk is an idiot who is bad for the Senators? Hahaha.
    What the heck? That was a compliment. Literally. You have done some fine trolling. I am proud.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What the heck? That was a compliment. Literally. You have done some fine trolling. I am proud.
    Ah, in that case, HIGH FIVE! Thought you were trying to get under my skin with the sentium thing or whatever.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Remember, Dakkster, you just acquired the most classless captain in the league according to Leafs fans.

Banned

Remember, Dakkster, you just acquired the most classless captain in the league according to Leafs fans.
    Leaf fans??? how bout homer Sens douchebags?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Leaf fans??? how bout homer Sens douchebags?
    Still waiting for that road-cone I asked for

Banned

Still waiting for that road-cone I asked for
    be sure to lemme know when it arrives i'll tell ya where you can stick it

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Didn't they also call Sundin classless?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Really? I'm sure they care more about the Bears and Bulls.

seriously, wow. Like if the Blackhawks left town tomorrow the city would be fine.
    Don't forget the Cubs.

The Hawks are the flavor of the month in Chicago right now but they'll never get higher than 4th on the pecking order in Chicago.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov