Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his 7 Tour de France wins

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his 7 Tour de France wins

I don't know nearly enough about the ongoings about this issue but from what I've read this has been a pretty big witch hunt from the get-go.

Someone wanna edumacate me? Lol

Dobber Sports Pro

Whatever the case, this definitely changes the tone of his role in Dodgeball.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Whatever the case, this definitely changes the tone of his role in Dodgeball.
    A'int that the truth, HAHAHA.. What a joke his entire speech in that movie would be if he is proven to be a cheater..

But hey, atleast we all know Chuck Norris is the real deal in that movie!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

This has been a witchhunt from the beginning. The French (I'm French ancestry) have been going after him ever since he won those titles. It's sad, but it really is a pride issue with France that a guy from the US won all those times. I don't understand it, but they've locked him out of other races and stuff and he has and was so open for testing.

You were correct b0ndon with the term witchhunt. He's an amazing athlete who overcame cancer with treatment and kept on trucking. I don't understand the mindset against him, but it is what it is. Haters gotta hate lol
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sometimes even the most corrupt and incompetent witchhunters actually catch a witch.

Dobber Sports Genius

How can they catch him now? He passed all his tests and doing a test now would not even provide any evidence.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I don't know nearly enough about the ongoings about this issue but from what I've read this has been a pretty big witch hunt from the get-go.

Someone wanna edumacate me? Lol
    The USADA is a bunch of clowns....period

HE was never charged after a 2 year federal probe but these USADA clowns decided to continue to drag this thing on.

He has never failed a drug test and he has taken hundreds over the years.

I dont blame him for not wanting to continue to play these games with the USADA ...enough is enough. They wont stop until they got what THEY wanted anyway....so why bother.

Its nice to see Nike sticking by him 100%.

Dobber Sports Star

I understand that people feel that this is a witch hunt, but there is a LOT more than just a bit of circumstantial evidence against him. There are a number of eye witnesses willing to testify against him. In the 1990s, his primary sample returned at least 3 tests that indicated testosterone doping. In 2 of those cases, his secondary sample passed under questionable circumstances, and in the third case, his secondary sample was lost and they were unable to finish the test. There are allegations of forging backdated prescriptions to explain failed drug tests. There are leaked emails which suggest that at one time, Armstrong flew to Switzerland to make a financial agreement with UCI president Hein Verbruggen to suppress a positive test result Armstrong generated at the Tour of Switzerland. This is alleged to be nothing short of a bribe.

The evidence against him is pretty overwhelming. Which hunt? Maybe... I am pretty sure that if this case ever went to trial, he would be found guilty.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

So much for "innocent until proven guilty".

I am not saying he didnt dope, but unless it can be proven its ridiculous to strip him of his acheivements.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

People need to remember Lance Armstrong legacy is more than sport, Lance Armstrong is an inspiration to many people that are battling or have battled Cancer, he beat it and then rose back to the top of his sport.

Guilty or not and I can't say ether way but everyone would be better off just leaving this alone and understanding that it’s about more than just the titles, it’s about what he can do to inspire more people to fight when the chips are down.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

This whole investigation is Stupid. I will continue to say it is stupid until they show me the evidence they have on Armstrong and since they dont have any this will be Stupid forever.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So much for "innocent until proven guilty".

I am not saying he didnt dope, but unless it can be proven its ridiculous to strip him of his acheivements.
    Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he forgo arbitration? He gave up.
    Now while it may have been not worth it in his eyes, others may see differently and witnesses who saw him do it.

If thats me its all about my reputation. i am fighting to the end. Atleast then you can say i did everything i could to show i am innocent. Or might the threat of witnesses testifying or other possibilities made him think?

Atleast by doing what hes doing he still garners some support as some still believe him. No one will no for sure.

But hell Ive given up on most athetes and these big nations that cover up so much.

Stick to fantasy brothers. With the first pick in the fantasy olympics Sparrowtrini selects:

Last edited by sparrowtrini; August 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM.

Banned

Lance says he's not guilty.
    He's just giving up because he is "tired" of fighting the allegations.

Hmmm...

Giving up when you are tired sounds like something someone who won the Tour De France seven times would do...

Generally, in cases involving human nature, when something seems too good to be true... it isn't.

Dobber Sports Guru

Take this for what its worth but I know someone fairly close to this whole situation who has some inside knowledge and to be honest this has been coming for a while. I have been hearing from this person for the last 2 years that it was only a matter of time before all of it came out. I cant say much more than that but from what I've been told (I havent seen any evidence but I trust this person completely) there is apparently little doubt that he did in fact dope through all those tour wins.

Administrator

I wouldn't doubt that he did dope at some point. Most of the athletes do something that they're not supposed to do. But the process of trying to get him convicted is beyond absurd. It's more about gaining an important victory than it is about finding the truth. They could find the "truth" about many other cyclists if they wanted to. But Armstrong is a big enough name that they keep going after him for publicity reasons.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust