Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

I dont totally disagree with you , however in the past they've never given it a long enough chance to gel (okposo on JT/MM line)

if they can continue winning while getting secondary scoring from Grabner , Bailey etc.. there wont be a big rush to switch out Okposo.

I think in the long run , JT and Moulson need a faster , shiftier playmaking type winger to make their line truly effective (Parenteau was kinda the best fit and I believe R.Strome eventually slides in there even though he's a C)

If Okposo is moved off the JT line he'll still be an important cog in the wheel for the Islanders , but maybe not for your fantasy team .

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    It's only been two games, but Okposo looks nothing like he did to end last year and through the playoffs. Tavares set him up in the offensive zone countless times last night and most them ended with with nothing - except with play going back the other way. He is in a prime spot to produce, but he has failed on the top line before. It's early, but the Isles have some depth now and options to move bodies around if need be, so you have to think he will need to play better fairly soon to keep Capuano's confidence up.

Dobber Sports Guru

via twitter:

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 21m
    #Isles are returning D Griffin Reinhart to Edmonton of WHL today.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 54m
    Nabokov in goal, McDonald back in, Donovan in. Nelson, Boulton, Carkner out for #Isles.

So Donavan is back after sitting two games. I really wish Capuano would start using him for his strengths, which is his offense. Give him PP1 time already, he's not on the team to be a shutdown guy.

Nelson should be playing but he isn't. Not sure why PMB is given such a long leash, he's useless most nights.

Nabokov needs to stop giving up softies late in the game. He's played well but the last two games, the Isles lost on very very questionable goals.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 54m
    Nabokov in goal, McDonald back in, Donovan in. Nelson, Boulton, Carkner out for #Isles.

So Donavan is back after sitting two games. I really wish Capuano would start using him for his strengths, which is his offense. Give him PP1 time already, he's not on the team to be a shutdown guy.

Nelson should be playing but he isn't. Not sure why PMB is given such a long leash, he's useless most nights.

Nabokov needs to stop giving up softies late in the game. He's played well but the last two games, the Isles lost on very very questionable goals.
    good post. capuano actually had donovan killing penalties the other night while the powerplay continued to struggle and he barely gave him a chance.

this is a coach who has never played to his players strengths and has hurt the team in the process. i think, for the first time ever, he will start to be held accountable. the isles have enough pieces and high enough expectations that if they continue to falter, capuano will find himself on the hot seat at some point.

PMB has been awful, but he did have his best game last time out. i think he should continue to be given opportunities because I really think they need him to be productive this year and he will need a litle time to refind his game. but i agree that nelson should not be sitting for anybody right now. he was one of tehir best forwards in every game that he has played this year. he has callahan like upside and he is already an important player on the team. he should be playing top six minutes right now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Loving Okposo's early season production. Let's hope he keeps this up!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Loving Okposo's early season production. Let's hope he keeps this up!
    That's like saying let's hope the Leafs continue to remain at the top of the Eastern Conference haha

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's like saying let's hope the Leafs continue to remain at the top of the Eastern Conference haha
    I dunno. Okposo has been a late-season scorer in the past. I hope the early season production represents him coming in prepared for once. I recall reading that there was a dedication to training this summer for him.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I dunno. Okposo has been a late-season scorer in the past. I hope the early season production represents him coming in prepared for once. I recall reading that there was a dedication to training this summer for him.
    I'm finding he's improving as each game passes by .His chemistry with JT is getting sharper (passes are clicking etc.)

coaches seem dedicated to giving him a much longer look on the top line .

Dobber Sports Master

good post. capuano actually had donovan killing penalties the other night while the powerplay continued to struggle and he barely gave him a chance.

this is a coach who has never played to his players strengths and has hurt the team in the process. i think, for the first time ever, he will start to be held accountable. the isles have enough pieces and high enough expectations that if they continue to falter, capuano will find himself on the hot seat at some point.

PMB has been awful, but he did have his best game last time out. i think he should continue to be given opportunities because I really think they need him to be productive this year and he will need a litle time to refind his game. but i agree that nelson should not be sitting for anybody right now. he was one of tehir best forwards in every game that he has played this year. he has callahan like upside and he is already an important player on the team. he should be playing top six minutes right now.
    I'm very disappointed Brock Nelson is sitting in the pressbox .......

I think with Clutterbuck returning they had to shuffle things up .

Capuano would probably like to shove PM Bouchard up Garth Snows ass , but he needs a paycheck .

Does the addition of Vanek help/hurt Okoposo's sublime production?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Does the addition of Vanek help/hurt Okoposo's sublime production?
    vanek/jt/okposo line is the least of the isles worries .

secondary scoring needs to get going and of course blueline depth is an issue with Visnovsky/B.Strait on the shelf .

As I predicated ,A.MacDonald is being overcooked by getting #1 pk and #1 pp minutes and of course top d-pairing 5 on 5 mins with Hamonic .

he's going to be fried by XMAs.

Banned

The Isles need an NHL calibre coach.

More than anything else.

Capuano has no clue.

Neither does Snow, despite all of the accolades people seemed to be throwing his way last year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Isles need an NHL calibre coach.

More than anything else.

Capuano has no clue.

Neither does Snow, despite all of the accolades people seemed to be throwing his way last year.
    Pretty much. Probably worst-coached team in the league right now.

Snow did some things extremely well (see JT's contract, and other contracts as well) but this year, he seems to not know what the real issues with the team are - coaching, defense and goaltending.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

With Nielsen playing so well at L2 C, will the Islanders have a change of heart and give Strome a look at wing when his eventual call up occurs?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

Who lines up with Tavares and Okposo this year?? That player is going to be highly coveted!!

Donovan?? Will he finally get his chance??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..