Thread: RNH or MacKinnon

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default RNH or MacKinnon

Who has higher upside? MacKinnon seems to have more goal scoring prowess and grit to his game. Is he as injury prone as RNH? Both are similar size. Who do they compare to at the NHL level?

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn't say either has a significantly higher upside then the other, but I think MacKinnon is less injury prone but Nugent-Hopkins has gotten it done in the NHL (this season aside) at the end of the day I would go MacKinnon but only because I've never been really high on Nugent-Hopkins but can't go wrong either way
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Administrator

I can't imagine moving RNH for Mackinnon. Strikes me as a perpetual rebuilding type manoeuver.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I can't imagine moving RNH for Mackinnon. Strikes me as a perpetual rebuilding type manoeuver.
    Hmmm...I agree with this to an extent BUT I truly believe that Mackinnon will hit the NHL in full stride next year and be in strong contention for ROY. That being said, I don't see him outscoring RNH next year or possibly ever (health concerns aside) so if you're only talking about upside in terms of points then you're probably not on the right track moving RNH. In a multicat league Nate Mac could turn out to be a much better player.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Hmmm...I agree with this to an extent BUT I truly believe that Mackinnon will hit the NHL in full stride next year and be in strong contention for ROY. That being said, I don't see him outscoring RNH next year or possibly ever (health concerns aside) so if you're only talking about upside in terms of points then you're probably not on the right track moving RNH. In a multicat league Nate Mac could turn out to be a much better player.
    I'd definitely give you the multi-cat angle but I still wouldn't swap the Nuge for Mackinnon just because of that. At least not straight up.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge! Case closed.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

Straight-up points you probably want the assist-heavy RNH but with any bonus for goals there is a very strong chance that Mac would end up being the better choice.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't care if I'm by myself here any format I'm taking MacKinnon and I own RNH in a couple leagues. I think Hopkins is going to be a Star but I think Mac is going to be an Uber Star.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

I don't think it was a would you trade RNH for Mac questions...but rather who would you rather have?

And I'd go with RNH, but the injuries are starting to be a concern. Could change when we know who drafts Mac.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I don't think it was a would you trade RNH for Mac questions...but rather who would you rather have?

And I'd go with RNH, but the injuries are starting to be a concern. Could change when we know who drafts Mac.
    Same idea though right. I mean, if you are drafting now then you are setting yourself up for a longer build up going with Mackinnon.