Thread: My Kane for Anderson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My Kane for Anderson

Do you think Anderson is going to be able to keep up these numbers with all the Injuries Ottawa has?

I am gettign decimated in goalie stats but don't really dont' want to part with my top player ..haha...

Patrick Kane by the way!
    8 Team - H2H 1 Year- (G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (SH%), (FW), (BLK) (W), (SV), (SV%), (SHO)
    Start - 2C/2L/2R/4D/1Util/2G
    C - Getzlaf, Johnson, THornton
    LW - Hall, Gaudreau, Palat
    RW- Seguin, Voracek
    D - Yandle, Klingberg, Barrie, Miller
    G - MA Fluery, Halak, Niemi

Dobber Sports Wizard

i cant see doing kane for anderson personally

The Wolverine

Nope - don't buy high on Anderson. Perhaps the Quick owner is getting impatient.

He is actually the owner of Quick and Anderson...haha...

What might you offer up from my roster for quick?
    8 Team - H2H 1 Year- (G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (SH%), (FW), (BLK) (W), (SV), (SV%), (SHO)
    RW- Seguin, Voracek

The Wolverine

What does he need? Also, how are you doing overall and in the skater categories e.g. what could you part with, which are close and can change frequently etc? In roto leagues this is important as trading without having a strategy and goal is not always beneficial.
    Last edited by horrorfan; February 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    What does he need? Also, how are you doing overall and in the skater categories e.g. what could you part with, which are close and can change frequently etc?
    He has issues the same as me really, weak in G, PIMS, SOG and hits. His goaltending numbers are stronger than mine though due to Anderson.

I'm pretty much bottom of the barrel except for Assists, +/- and PPP where i am at the top. Currently sitting 8 of 9 though so i need a shake up.

I just picked up HIller for Lindback in the hopes he may help out my goalie numbers as well.
    RW- Seguin, Voracek

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by jtr101 View Post
    He has issues the same as me really, weak in G, PIMS, SOG and hits. His goaltending numbers are stronger than mine though due to Anderson.

I'm pretty much bottom of the barrel except for Assists, +/- and PPP where i am at the top. Currently sitting 8 of 9 though so i need a shake up.

I just picked up HIller for Lindback in the hopes he may help out my goalie numbers as well.
    Hmm..that's a tough one when needs are similar as it makes it more difficult to find a fit. Furthermore, if he doesn't have as much of a need offensively (in general), then he might be less likely to part with Quick.

Was Anderson for Kane an actual offer from him? If so, he's clearly trying to sell high on Anderson but I would consider countering with Quick for Kane (or a 2 for 2 that balances the positions). If he says no then I might hold off for now - Kane is flying and although he might regress this could be an Art Ross season for him, or close to it. It's not always worth countering back and forth when there isn't a clear goal, especially as you said your needs are similar.

By the way, you should put the goalie categories and number of starters per position in your signature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Hmm..that's a tough one when needs are similar as it makes it more difficult to find a fit. Furthermore, if he doesn't have as much of a need offensively (in general), then he might be less likely to part with Quick.

Was Anderson for Kane an actual offer from him? If so, he's clearly trying to sell high on Anderson but I would consider countering with Quick for Kane (or a 2 for 2 that balances the positions). If he says no then I might hold off for now - Kane is flying and although he might regress this could be an Art Ross season for him, or close to it. It's not always worth countering back and forth when there isn't a clear goal, especially as you said your needs are similar.

By the way, you should put the goalie categories and number of starters per position in your signature as well.
    Ok thanks for the input, it was an actual offer from him, you have pretty much confirmed my thoughts that Anderson is definitely a sell high for him. I"ll dig a little deeper and see if i can concoct a counter offer that works for both parties, a little tricky as you noted.

Cheers
    J
    RW- Seguin, Voracek

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah I'd stay away from Anderson moving forward. The Sens can only score so many goals with 40-year old Alf as their best skater.
    12 Team H2H -
    Start 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 3 UTIL, 3 G
    G, A, PPG, PPA, PIM, HIT - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C- Giroux (RW), Steen (LW), Ribeiro, Bjugstad, Hanzal
    LW- Tatar (RW), Kunitz, Dubinsky (C), Elias
    RW- Wheeler, Little (C), S Reinhart, Strome
    D- Byfuglien (RW), Doughty, Kronwall, Muzzin, Gostisbehere
    G- Quick, Allen, Enroth, McLehnney
    IR- Bobrovsky, Bjugstad, Gallagher