Thread: Turris or Callahan?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Turris or Callahan?

Hi guys, this is for a couple of years down the road. Who do you like in a points only keeper: Turris or Callahan?

Administrator

It's never really for a couple of years down the road unless you are talking about potential superstars. Turris is nice but I don't think he's SOOOOOO good that you'd bother taking him over Callahan. Seems pretty neutral for the future so you should stick with the more productive player currently.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd stick with proven in Callahan. I don't see Turris scoring more than him.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

Safe: Callahan, Risk: Turris.

Turris has upside, and I think it's worth the risk. He had some decent streaks last season, and with Nash/Gabby/Richards - I think Callahan's production actually takes a slight hit.

Dobber Sports Stud

Callahan over Turris, especially if you have to factor in postion. Turris has a slight potential to out point Callahan, but is much less likely to do so. The chance of Turris out scoring Callahan, is not worth the risk.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd roll with Callahan as well. As md said, Turris' upside is not worth passing on Callahan.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Monster

Callahan. I still think he has even more upside, not alot but some. Turris does as well but feel he'll be more inconsistent.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would go with Callahan as well.

I did like what I saw from Turris when he was traded to Ottawa last year, but Spezza is the number one centre and will be for some time.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Points only, I'm going with Turris. Yes, he's more unproven than Callahan but all Callahan has proven to me is that he'll be a 50-ish point player. I like some risk and with Turris I see someone who can consistently outpoint Callahan, despite being the guy behind Spezza. Turris is riskier but I see him being a 60-point player and I don't see that in Callahan.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Points only, I'm going with Turris. Yes, he's more unproven than Callahan but all Callahan has proven to me is that he'll be a 50-ish point player. I like some risk and with Turris I see someone who can consistently outpoint Callahan, despite being the guy behind Spezza. Turris is riskier but I see him being a 60-point player and I don't see that in Callahan.
    I agree 100% with your player breakdown. But it's also the reason that I would take Callahan. The way I see it; at most,as said, Turris out points Callahan by 10pts at some point, but who's know when that happens. 10 Pts isn't worth waiting a couple of years for (likely) when it's potential/proven we're talking. Depending on how active you are, it may not even be relevant to your position/team by the time Turris hits 60.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Callahan for me, lots of top-6 line depth in NYR to help his numbers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    I agree 100% with your player breakdown. But it's also the reason that I would take Callahan. The way I see it; at most,as said, Turris out points Callahan by 10pts at some point, but who's know when that happens. 10 Pts isn't worth waiting a couple of years for (likely) when it's potential/proven we're talking. Depending on how active you are, it may not even be relevant to your position/team by the time Turris hits 60.
    Well, 10 points could make the difference between you winning your pool and not winning. I think Turris could hit 60 as early as next year, although it's somewhat unlikely. Yes, it's more likely that Callahan hits 50 than Turris 60 next year but I think Turris has a very good chance of equalling Callahan in points next year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

My sentiments exactly. Got to go with Turris here.

Dobber Sports Ace

Well, 10 points could make the difference between you winning your pool and not winning. I think Turris could hit 60 as early as next year, although it's somewhat unlikely. Yes, it's more likely that Callahan hits 50 than Turris 60 next year but I think Turris has a very good chance of equalling Callahan in points next year.
    Agreed about the ten points, but we differ on it being close next year. I hope you're right as I'd like to see Turris breakout, but I still think it's too soon.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)