Thread: Carl Soderberg - Fill Me In

Administrator

Default Carl Soderberg - Fill Me In

Just heard the boys on TSN call him a "secret weapon" for Boston that might come over and could play in a scoring role or at the very least a top nine role for the Bruins once his season is over in Sweden. They also called him arguably the best for in the SEL this year. Whose seen him play and what's he got to offer?

Just took a flyer on him in the DobberHockey populated UHL salary cap league so I wanna here that I got me a beauty but give it to me straight.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

I drafted him ages ago in a sim league and he never crossed the pond. If there is any indication that he could come to the NHL it's worth a flyer especially when it's a free add.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I drafted him ages ago in a sim league and he never crossed the pond. If there is any indication that he could come to the NHL it's worth a flyer especially when it's a free add.
    Yeah, well that's what the dinks on TSN said, so I figured why the hell not, the setup of our league really does reward garbage pick ups way too much.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, well that's what the dinks on TSN said, so I figured why the hell not, the setup of our league really does reward garbage pick ups way too much.
    I will say though, TSN has been name-dropping him for years as a guy who could come over. It doesn't get mentioned often because they eventually sober up. If he comes over he's basically in Cervenka's boat as an older prospect with upside.

I did not like going from 22 to 27 farm spots in that league but we have to use the tools available to us. I find it pays off to find guys worth development time and hit/miss guys are definitely worthwhile.

Administrator

I will say though, TSN has been name-dropping him for years as a guy who could come over. It doesn't get mentioned often because they eventually sober up. If he comes over he's basically in Cervenka's boat as an older prospect with upside.

I did not like going from 22 to 27 farm spots in that league but we have to use the tools available to us. I find it pays off to find guys worth development time and hit/miss guys are definitely worthwhile.
    Did not know he had been getting name dropped for a while. Less optimistic now. Still loving that he's get an F rating on HockeysFuture though.

You know what's even worse than going from 22 prospects to 27? Getting a full year worth of free keeper status for any prospect you draft starting this year.

Administrator

I added my 10 year old cousin to my Fantrax watch list because we're seriously going to run out of names.

Administrator

I added my 10 year old cousin to my Fantrax watch list because we're seriously going to run out of names.
    That's like the final barrier - drafting undrafted/unsigned players. I can't wait to start scouting the maternity ward.

Administrator

Of course Dobber reads this thread and uses the Cervenka comparison in his ramblings.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have the number 1 waiver priority in a huge dynasty lg. Wondering if i should take the risk.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have the same question. I have the number 1 WW priority in a 12 team league that is relatively deep. Thoughts?

not the one in my sig.
    10 Team H2H (Keep 14)
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG
    W, GAA, SV%